WWE Hell In A Cell 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I think it's not so much the fact they'll be having another match so soon, but it's more the fact the Cell match itself should be saved for something on a much bigger scale, like a feud decider of sorts. It's been billed as the ultimate grudge match setting, a last rites for a rivalry where they leave everything in the ring at the mercy of the cage and all that. I guess in modern terms 2 months is a relatively long time in WWE storytelling and in no way do I mean that as an insult. But this feud will almost certainly continue after the PPV and where do they go from it? Where do you go with it after a Hell in a Cell match? Of course there's other ways they can, but used effectively the Cell match could be something of a tasty feud decider.

Another thing I think that irks people is that regardless of the theme, a PPV with two weeks of build up just doesn't seem too appealing. I can't imagine it doing very well in terms of buys. Aside from two probable Cell matches, the rest of the card can't really be built up in two weeks. If it had been stretched a little more, perhaps you'd have more time to generate more interest and potentially more revenue.

Does anyone here know whether WWE or TNA books their PPV dates first? Because there were 5 weeks between SummerSlam and Night of Champions, which there needn't have been. So I'm wondering why WWE didn't have Night of Champions last weekend and then they'd have had three weeks til the Cell one.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this will just be me who thinks this, but I actually think HIAC is shaping up to be a pretty good event from the main events announced. Yeah, I'd have preferred to see Punk/HHH as it's Hunter's speciality match and a 2-week build is woefully inadequate but I think this'll be quite good.

Orton/Henry - Discounting the Big Show, as he was really just to make up the numbers, when was the last time we had a monster heel in HIAC? Lesnar? Batista maybe? Undertaker vs. Kane does't really count as both of them are monsters really. Anyway, even stretching back to the early days of HIAC, we've never really seen a monster heel just run riot on someone, and I think Henry fits the bill. Hell in a Cell is the perfect place for a monster heel squash, as it's just about inflicting as much pain as possible, so I think Sexual Chocolate will excel in that environment. Add in a Cell bump like chucking Orton through the door and the fact that most of Orton's Cell matches have been great and you have a winner which could really make Henry look amazing.

Cena/Punk/Del Rio - I think this will be great simply because HIACs lag when both men are on the ground. A third man means the momentum can be kept up and it won't lag. Add into the fact that triple threats are awesome, Cena/Punk's matches over the past couple of months have been amazing and Del Rio as the cowardly heel trying to escape could work wonders for him in this match.

Thoughts?

I think throwing Punk into the Cena/ADR mix is a good diversion from Punk vs Triple H as I think the past couple of months of Punk and Hunter's exchanges were entertaining and nicely led to this Awesome Truth firing angle. If WWE want to go back to Punk vs Triple H with a stronger storyline basis from which will likely occur with the involvement of Laurinaitis around Mania time I think they've created a good direction for Punk and H to go in the meantime.

I was out running earlier and Big Zeke's 'Domination' came on, which got me thinking - everyone loves the 'face standing up to the monster' storyline. Keep Menry rolling and steamrolling through Randy Orton, all whilst building Zeke up to be the next guy to face up to him (UFC shows that strong black guys fighting each other sells, fact) and if they really give as much of a fuck as they should, prime Bryan for the brave 'Mania showdown.

They probably won't though. Orton will regain his title at HIAC or something.

I was out running earlier and Big Zeke's 'Domination' came on, which got me thinking - everyone loves the 'face standing up to the monster' storyline. Keep Menry rolling and steamrolling through Randy Orton, all whilst building Zeke up to be the next guy to face up to him (UFC shows that strong black guys fighting each other sells, fact) and if they really give as much of a fuck as they should, prime Bryan for the brave 'Mania showdown.

They probably won't though. Orton will regain his title at HIAC or something.

The problem there is they've already had Henry beat Zeke pretty comfortably and Zeke is dull as hell but I can see where you're coming from

• Paid Members

Just because he won the SD MITB doesn't mean he won't potentially face a Raw guy, what with the lack of a proper split now. I wouldn't bet against a match with Punk or Mysterio. Maybe not at Wrestlemania, but who knows? I'd like to him heel it up against Rey in particular, if they felt that way inclined.

• Paid Members

Things change and all that, but its looking more and more like some writer or road agent has came up with an idea of Daniel Bryan winning the MITB and thinks it'll be the ultimate rib if he says he's going to WrestleMania to face the champion and he ends up getting beat by cashing it in, in a Crash Holly-esque comedy segment. The way he was treated before and after the MITB win suggests he hasnt got a hope of winning the WWE title. Smackdown hasnt got many people, but there was talk that Undertaker vs Henry for the belt is a match coming up soon. How does Daniel Bryan fit in that world let alone in a title picture with those two? Unless he cashes it in after the Undertaker makes in 20-0 and Bryan comes out and cashes his case in and gets squashed by Undertaker and it makes it 21-0 in the same night.

• Paid Members

I concur with a lot of the thoughts of Forrest up there. During that really hot period where the big Punk angle started, there was a couple of triple threat matches with Punk and Del Rio involved, one with Truth and another with Mysterio and they were both tremendo. Whenever Punk and Cena have faced off in the last couple of months it's been pretty special too. So, although a lot of the developments involving the three recently i've been a bit disappointed by, this match could be a cracker.

It's also going to be fun watching the BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET pick up the Hell in a Cell and smack Orton about with it.

Archived