WWE Hell In A Cell 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The thing is if they started building Bryan up strong now they could have him face Henry at say Royal Rumble (providing his run lasts that long which I sincerely hope it does) and it'll be a pretty big match. And someone has to lose their MITB title shot eventually, it might aswell be the guy who could never really pull off being World Heavyweight Champion. And it'll be a good story, small yet passionate, determined and highly skilled underdog against the the baddest motherfucker in town.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They should have Henry go undefeated then have Bryan beat him in under a minute.

While I don't agree with this, I think it's still possible he will win the belt at mania. Imagine if they build Henry up really strong, so he's unstoppable between now and mania. Bryan is being cast as the no hoper plucky underdog, he keeps losing, despite valiantly trying, and then he has to face Mizark at Mania. They make him out to be a complete joke, but he won't quit in the build up, despite having no chance, and being routinely beaten the shit out of by Henry, every week, leading to him being seen as having no chance of winning the belt, but having a never say die attitude, then they have a great David vs Goliath type match at mania, and Bryan is finally the one to slay the monster that is Henry.

Of course this is all under the assumption the booking team have a long term plan, and are not just week to week booking, which I have little faith they aren't.

• Paid Members
They should have Henry go undefeated then have Bryan beat him in under a minute.

While I don't agree with this, I think it's still possible he will win the belt at mania. Imagine if they build Henry up really strong, so he's unstoppable between now and mania. Bryan is being cast as the no hoper plucky underdog, he keeps losing, despite valiantly trying, and then he has to face Mizark at Mania. They make him out to be a complete joke, but he won't quit in the build up, despite having no chance, and being routinely beaten the shit out of by Henry, every week, leading to him being seen as having no chance of winning the belt, but having a never say die attitude, then they have a great David vs Goliath type match at mania, and Bryan is finally the one to slay the monster that is Henry.

Of course this is all under the assumption the booking team have a long term plan, and are not just week to week booking, which I have little faith they aren't.

The problem is, if he's been a loser for months, why would you accept him as World Champion?

• Paid Members

The problem is, if he's been a loser for months, why would you accept him as World Champion?

If it was done right, maybe. I'm not saying he's get a long reign, but I think in terms of a 'Wrestlemania moment' it would work quite well. Perhaps have him show a new fire/intensity in this match that he hadn't before, have him keep beating people when they see him as a loser and mock him before, he could be the ultimate underdog. I think it could work. Doubt it will happen, but could be fun if it did.

• Paid Members
Personally I think the best Wrestlemania match option to go with is have Shaemus win the Royal Rumble and face Mark Henry for the title belt.

Agree with this. I'd have Sheamus beat Henry on Smackdown. Then Henry cause Sheamus to lose the Royal Rumbel to show his fear. Then Daniel Bryan hand over his MITB briefcase to Sheamus so he can get Henry at WrestleMania. That would put both of them over the top, I feel.

Personally I think the best Wrestlemania match option to go with is have Shaemus win the Royal Rumble and face Mark Henry for the title belt.

Agree with this. I'd have Sheamus beat Henry on Smackdown. Then Henry cause Sheamus to lose the Royal Rumbel to show his fear. Then Daniel Bryan hand over his MITB briefcase to Sheamus so he can get Henry at WrestleMania. That would put both of them over the top, I feel.

Bryan would have to get fucked by henry he couldnt just give the Briefcase away

• Paid Members

Mark Henry will not be headlining Wrestlemania. Randy Orton will be holding/challenging for the title that is if nobody drafts from RAW so that leaves us to find a heel to be in there with Randy which looks bleak since i think the Christian/Henry feuds have either been done to much or in Henry's case started to early.

Wade Barrett?

Arguably you could build him up as a ligit World Champion after his victory.

I.e. he wins the belt in a valiant effort vs. Henry, then go on to have Bryan successfully defend it against the rest of the roster.

Personally I think the mania title picture will look like this:

World title: Bryan vs Orton

WWE title: Cena vs. Royal Rumble Winner (of course to have this, the Rock would have a warm up match earlier in the evening, in a similar vain to WM10).

WWE title: Cena vs. Rock

• Paid Members

I know it's a bit petty of me to poke holes in off the cuff fantasy booking but...

No one should beat Mark Henry untill Wrestlemania. Shaemus should win the Royal Rumble to give him a proper push into the main event babyface bracket (and there is no one else on the roster who deserves or will benefit from it like him) and Bryan handing over his MITB briefcase would make him look like a idiotic bitch-boy. And also that would mean that as Rock/Cena is for the title and Shaemus/Henry is a MITB cash in that the Royal Rumble winner wouldn't get a title shot at Wrestlemania. :s

• Paid Members

I know it's a bit petty of me to poke holes in off the cuff fantasy booking but...

No one should beat Mark Henry untill Wrestlemania. Shaemus should win the Royal Rumble to give him a proper push into the main event babyface bracket (and there is no one else on the roster who deserves or will benefit from it like him) and Bryan handing over his MITB briefcase would make him look like a idiotic bitch-boy. And also that would mean that as Rock/Cena is for the title and Shaemus/Henry is a MITB cash in that the Royal Rumble winner wouldn't get a title shot at Wrestlemania. :s

They could always do The Rock inadvertently helps Cena win the rumble (presuming Cena drops it again between now and then), and he cashes it in at elimination chamber because he's desperate to go against The Rock for the belt at Mania, wins it, though this would mean only having one elimination chamber match (unless Cena cashes in his shot from the RR in the EC because it's the only way he can on ppv prior to mania, or something similar, I'm sure they could figure something out there though)

• Paid Members
No one should beat Mark Henry untill Wrestlemania. Shaemus should win the Royal Rumble to give him a proper push into the main event babyface bracket (and there is no one else on the roster who deserves or will benefit from it like him)

I think my idea puts across Sheamus as a threat. Costing Sheamus the Rumble would put more heat on Henry and sell how much he fears Sheamus. He wouldn't have to lose to Sheamus, I suppose, he could just take a kick-in.

Bryan handing over his MITB briefcase would make him look like a idiotic bitch-boy.

That's what he is now. Him handing it over to a distraught Sheamus would make him much more of a man. They'd need to create a bit of friendship between the two first but I think it'd work for both of them. Plus, once Sheamus beats Henry at WM, you have him give Bryan the title shot he never got.

And also that would mean that as Rock/Cena is for the title and Shaemus/Henry is a MITB cash in that the Royal Rumble winner wouldn't get a title shot at Wrestlemania. :s

I forgot about Rock/Cena. Personally, I wouldn't have Rock/Cena for the title. It doesn't need it.

• Paid Members

Me neither, but Cena/Rock for the title is the direction they seem to want to go in.

Shaemus winning the Rumble makes him come across as much more of a threat to Mark Henry than it does him losing and also gives him shit loads of forward momentum. And looking at the current roster he is the best person to win the Rumble by a country mile. It would create a huge story of the unstoppable monster Champion versus the one man who went through the Rumble to get at him and is the only person left with nay chance to end his reign of terror. Costing someone the Rumble is a cheap easy tactic they have used a million times.

• Paid Members
Costing someone the Rumble is a cheap easy tactic they have used a million times.

Not very often I wouldn't have said. Besides, babyface wins Rumble and goes onto WM is a unique situation, right? :p

Anyway, it's all irrelevant, they'll probably go with Randy Orton anyway.

No one should beat Mark Henry untill Wrestlemania. Shaemus should win the Royal Rumble to give him a proper push into the main event babyface bracket (and there is no one else on the roster who deserves or will benefit from it like him)

I think my idea puts across Sheamus as a threat. Costing Sheamus the Rumble would put more heat on Henry and sell how much he fears Sheamus. He wouldn't have to lose to Sheamus, I suppose, he could just take a kick-in.

Bryan handing over his MITB briefcase would make him look like a idiotic bitch-boy.

That's what he is now. Him handing it over to a distraught Sheamus would make him much more of a man. They'd need to create a bit of friendship between the two first but I think it'd work for both of them. Plus, once Sheamus beats Henry at WM, you have him give Bryan the title shot he never got.

And also that would mean that as Rock/Cena is for the title and Shaemus/Henry is a MITB cash in that the Royal Rumble winner wouldn't get a title shot at Wrestlemania. :s

I forgot about Rock/Cena. Personally, I wouldn't have Rock/Cena for the title. It doesn't need it.

Although I agree with the statement "The Rock / Cena dosen't NEED the WWE title", I would argue that "the WWE title NEEDS Cena vs. The Rock." Personally I think it would be beneficial for the title to be in the main event of mania.

Theres no right or wrong answer on this, just preference I suppose.

Archived