WWE Hell In A Cell 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

So will it be Survivor Series or something else?

Also, although the crowd was crappy last night the only people that did get genuine good babyface reactions were Shaemus, Randy Orton and most of all CM Punk.

Every singles belt is now held by a heel too, which is nice.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I generally enjoyed the PPV and didn't dislike any particular match, but the Cell has just completely lost it's magic now hasn't it? Neither title match warranted having a Cell, and it could've been saved for a much more meaningful match, whether it be HHH/Punk or Punk/Cena or HHH/Taker down the line or anything.

It's the one PPV I wish they didn't introduce as a 'theme'. I'm fine with EC, TLC, MitB etc but save Hell in a Cell for just one match a year that actually warrants it.

I enjoyed it, it was a pretty decent show. Not worth the money but nearly all of the matches were good from a wrestling standpoint, including the IC and Tag Title matches that were added. Sheamus/Christian was particularly good.

Sin Cara didn't help himself again though, it had some fun spots but it didn't flow at all, there were two or three botches and the crowd shit all over it. I'm starting to think they'll cut their losses with him soon. Pleased Beth Phoenix won the title and bringing back the old school IC Title was great, really like the look of that belt.

The HIAC matches have definitely lost their edge though. They're just really watered down now. A few years ago, I would've almost definitely ordered a PPV with two HIAC matches but I just didn't really care this time around. Henry/Orton was fine and I was really pleased Henry won again as I was expecting him to lose it but they threw each other into the Cell a few times and used the steel steps, that is it. The WWE Title match improved that, it was a very good match and the ending involved the Cell but still, it certainly didn't have the impact of the past.

The ending was ace with Miz and Truth causing chaos and getting arrested. For the last five or so endings, ever since MITB, they've made me want to watch RAW the next night and so that means they're doing their job there.

I hate the cell they use these days, it looks small and bulky. And without blood these matches are just the same as any other no DQ match. But nevermind.

I thought it was an okay show. The crowd was absolutely awful though. Cara/Cara was one of the weirdest things I've seen in wrestling and I have no idea what the point of it is. It seems to have damaged the original Sin Cara's popularity though. The match was too long and the lighting needs to go. But at least it was something different I supposed.

Both Cell matches were very good. The FU Ricardo took to the floor was BRUTAL. And the ending of course was fantastic.

However the rest of the card wasn't up to much and nothing felt paticularly special. Am I correct in thinking that the next PPV is in 2 weeks? Gah!

Isnt this cell much bigger than the original cell that they used till 2006. The current cell was introduced in the DX Vs Shane Vince Show match. Or have they changed it again. I really dont like the bigger more solid cell they use these days, far prefer the old lower roofed cell from back in the day

I generally enjoyed the PPV and didn't dislike any particular match, but the Cell has just completely lost it's magic now hasn't it? Neither title match warranted having a Cell, and it could've been saved for a much more meaningful match, whether it be HHH/Punk or Punk/Cena or HHH/Taker down the line or anything.

It's the one PPV I wish they didn't introduce as a 'theme'. I'm fine with EC, TLC, MitB etc but save Hell in a Cell for just one match a year that actually warrants it.

It's fake, they could write the storylines so that there are two matches that warrant it every October. Triple H vs CM Punk was a decent feud for it, especially given the ending of Night of Champions.

• Paid Members
Isnt this cell much bigger than the original cell that they used till 2006.

It's higher but the original covered all the space between the ring apron and the guard rail, it's much more narrow these days and gives the wrestlers alot less room outside the ring.

Isnt this cell much bigger than the original cell that they used till 2006.

It's higher but the original covered all the space between the ring apron and the guard rail, it's much more narrow these days and gives the wrestlers alot less room outside the ring.

It's much taller (so tall now we'll never see a bump from the top again). Like you said it's a lot narrower as well so there's not much room for spots outside the ring. They've essentially taken the two intriguing elements of the match (you don't need a big bump, but it was always nice having the tease that it might happen) and removed them. Now it's essentially just a cage match with a roof.

I enjoyed Hell in a Cell but I think the Cell needs to be given a rest in the current product.

Sheamus vs Christian was good but I probably expected a bit more. The combination of a shite crowd and a bit of a clunky match at times meant I was a little dissapointed, especially considering the roll Sheamus is on.

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara was one of if not the single worst matches I have ever seen. Put it this way It will always spring to mind when the worst matches threads come up. Speaking of springing, the one highlight for me was having a right laugh when they botched the handspring into dropkick, that was hillarious. The rest was embarassing and dreadful. Because of the botches slowing everything down the fast-paced stuff looked even more contrived and when they tried to do 'normal' stuff it was abysmal. Add in some shitty blue lightning and a crowd shitting on it and you've got a stinker. Finish looked good though :laugh:

The two impromtu matches were good fun, the one continued to do good for Cody and showed off his delightful new/old belt and the other was another good AirBoom tag match that got some good time.

Henry/Orton was okay but this is why I have a problem with the Cell. If it wasn't in a cell I'd have thought of it better, but when they are building it up to be a dangerous, career altering etc match and considering it's history I expect it to be more which I think isn't wrong of me. It ending like a normal match and not really featuring the Cell just makes it pointless and all it does is harm a perfectly decent singles match.

Triple threat was very good indeed. Lots of good stuff, the cell was featured a little but again not greatly outside of Punk's nasty graze. However it played well into the aftermath which was a creative use for the Cell but having a PPV featuring it and it's barbaric nature when it's now nothing of the sort is still too much for me. Leave it until they go for it again with the weapons, blood etc or if that isn't happening for years have it very rarely and push the boundaries a bit.

Loved the Miz/Truth stuff, especially them surrendering and the Police holding the superstars back. Was a clever and bit different way to resolve things and having the Police on WWE always make things seem more chaotic :laugh:

Just got through watching this morning. A much better show than Night of Champions.* Christian vs. Sheamuc was really enjoyable. According to news sites, Vince is enjoy Sheamus alot more recently and could be in line for a big push early next year* JoMo cant beat an unprepared Cody Rhodes even when Rhodes is wrestling in his shoes and trousers. Sorry, but I cant take JoMo seriously after that.* Orton/Henry was decent consdiering it was Mark Henry* the Sin Caras match wasnt as bad as it could have been, but was still pretty shocking from both men. At least we got some proper insane Booker T commentry out of it ("Kick to the mask area")* Cena/Punk/Del Rio was good, and the go home sequence between Punk and Del Rio was well executed. I'd like to see Punk vs. Del Rio for the remaining PPV's thihs year, and keep Cena away from the title picture so they can start to properly build his match with The Rock

I'd like to see Punk vs. Del Rio for the remaining PPV's thihs year, and keep Cena away from the title picture so they can start to properly build his match with The Rock

I could see Cena getting the title shot at the next one (because he's still got a rematch clause), then the team match at Survivor Series, then Punk vs Del Rio at TLC and the Rumble. Although saying that, I've no idea of what either Punk or Del Rio will be doing at WrestleMania. If Rey's back, his natural match would be revenge for the injury so Mysterio vs Del Rio Round Seventy. But I thought Punk vs Triple H was the likely WrestleMania match, and they've blown that one now.

Archived