The moment Pro Wrestling affected you the most.

The Gaffer

• Moderators
They have to. Its in Florida. If he doesnt go in the year after his death, in Florida, he'll never go in. I dont think there's a doubt that he's going in this year. If its Rock vs Cena and Savage as the star inductee, WrestleMania 28's DVD sales will top anything previous.

And yes, I to will probably blub over it.

Lanny's being super carny about it as well, saying that him and Angelo have to go in with Randy or it's a no-go.

I love wrestlers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Whats it going to be you think? Lanny's inducting or accepting on his behalf? I'd have had Lanny down to induct him, but his role will be to take the plaque home? Nash was a big friend of his, but I doubt he's tied to him enough to induct him. Hogan's his main onscreen buddy, but it would come across as very shallow given the bad blood between them. Cant think of many others. Perfects dead, Liz is dead. Not many others who you pigeon hole as a "Macho guy" to induct him. Unless Lanny inducts and Randy's wife accepts.

I imagine Lanny will have everyone in tears. He's amazing with words.

Whats it going to be you think? Lanny's inducting or accepting on his behalf? I'd have had Lanny down to induct him, but his role will be to take the plaque home? Nash was a big friend of his, but I doubt he's tied to him enough to induct him. Hogan's his main onscreen buddy, but it would come across as very shallow given the bad blood between them. Cant think of many others. Perfects dead, Liz is dead. Not many others who you pigeon hole as a "Macho guy" to induct him. Unless Lanny inducts and Randy's wife accepts.

How about DDP?

• Paid Members

I've never cried at the death of someone that's never been a close family member or best friend so I can't understand in any way shape or form why people cry when a person they see on a TV screen dies.

I was well pissed off when Savage hit Warrior with the sceptre and Slaughter been him for the WWF Championship, that's probably the worst I've felt, I watched it over and over hoping that one time the Warrior would kick out, but he never did :(

I was absolutely devastated when HBK collapsed in the ring during his match with Owen Hart during that whole concussion angle. I wasn't even watching it either just listening to it while the picture was scrambled on my Sky box, what a mong I was although I was only 10 in my defence :laugh:

To be fair, that whole angle was played out and sold brilliantly. I remember having doubt about weather it was a work at the time myself! A true testament to Michaels

• Paid Members
I've never cried at the death of someone that's never been a close family member or best friend so I can't understand in any way shape or form why people cry when a person they see on a TV screen dies.

It's about emotional investment. Has a movie scene or bit on a TV show ever made you cry? I'm guessing not. I've actually managed to cry not just at people/characters deaths but also at moments of great sadness. It depends how "into" something you are.

Pro wrestling has been a massive part of my life since I was ten years old and was something I was immersed in on a daily basis for about sixteen years, and it was a better friend, brother and companion than a great proportion of actual human beings in my life growing up. It has "been there" for me. It seems perfectly natural to me to cry when one of my favourites dies a stupidly young death.

In comparison there are one or two of my family whose death will pass me by with little more than a "meh" compared to what they have meant to me. Actually, from my surviving family, only my ma actually matters a jot to me.

• Paid Members
It's about emotional investment. Has a movie scene or bit on a TV show ever made you cry?

A TV show or movie? Seriously?

I cried when my Gran died 15 year ago, then when my Grandpa died 3 years later. I cried when my best friend died last year.

Crying when a fake fighter dies would be fucking weird, no matter how much he made me want him to win the fake fight. That's what it boils down to.

How is it fucking weird?

Take me for example - 6 years of watching Lost on a weekly basis and yeah, I fucked bawled during some of the deaths etc.

But my grandparents? Never saw them, never did anything with them. They were complete strangers to me. No emotional investment there.

We're all different.

• Paid Members
A TV show or movie? Seriously?

I cried when my Gran died 15 year ago, then when my Grandpa died 3 years later. I cried when my best friend died last year.

Crying when a fake fighter dies would be fucking weird, no matter how much he made me want him to win the fake fight. That's what it boils down to.

Heart%20of%20Stone.jpg

Archived