The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Paid Members

Hear AAA has cancelled next weeks Guerra De Titanes show and dont have any tapings planned for the near future. Seems like they are on hiatus. Or worse, as some are speculating. Perro dying and Mistico and Alberto leaving might have been a fatal kick in the balls. Rey Mysterio has been rumoured to be in talks with WWE again as well, after WWE's Mexican promoter told them they need names for their tours because nobody in Mexico sees the current roster as stars.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A hiatus might not be the worst thing. It would allow them to orient themselves again, after a terrible year in which booking plans have had to be changed again and again and again. They have the nucleus of a strong promotion, even without Rey Mysterio Jr, but things are all over the place right now. If they've learned one thing - and it's wrestling, so there's no guarantee anything has been learned - it's that you put your guys under contract!

• Paid Members

... and Cibernetico left them last week too. He's shite, but he's been a top line guy there since the mid-90s.

Wonder if they've possibly lost the US talent (Johnny Mundo and Cage were to be featured in key matches at GdT) for some reason, so with the loss of Mistico, Del Rio, Ciber and their main championship they decided to reset rather than put something dodgy on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Lucha Underground have released an unreal looking trailer for Season 2. It looks fantastic. There's a big new arrival at the end, but I suppose if its in the trailer I imagine they want you to see it before the show starts, so if you dont want it spoiled dont watch.

No Konnan this year, by the looks of things, though.

Watchwrestling is the best place I've found, they have all the links to the dailymotion videos. They're uploaded almost as soon as the torrents go up.

Add me to that excited list, the big name at the end is awesome and more than makes up for El Patron leaving for WWE. Can't wait to see them vs Puma, it has to happen.

Archived