WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to fast forward through most of this as I had something to do earlier but wanted to see the main event, was disappointed to see Cena win, not out of any hatred for Cena but because I thought Del Rio was going to get a JBL-type reign and drop it at Mania

Anyway, the main event was superb, sod anyone moaning about the run ins spoiling it, as someone pointed out before, it felt like one of those '99/2000 PPV main events where everyone turns up, the thing is (as it was then) that everyone out there had a reason to be there

Can't wait to see Raw now

I think Punk's hair looks funny once he's been wrestling for a few minutes and it's not slicked back anymore. It reminds me of someone on telly from the nineties, but I can't think who.

Andys crane?

Some top moments here:

cenahead5qf8.gif

These were quality. Especially as this one floated into view just as Cena announced himself as the "Fruity Pebble".

There was also a moment were they held up heads of CM Punk and Beth Phoenix at the same time, interesting group.

Hmmm, an interesting PPV to say the least. I enjoyed it overall but it wasn't without its problems.

Cena/Del Rio was a good match and I couldn't care less about Cena winning. I'm very used to it by now. It does make all that building up of Del Rio a little pointless though because you just know he's gonna drop down the card, like every new main eventer they seem to build up does.

Henry/Orton was fine for what it was and I'm really pleased Henry won the title. They've built him up really well over the past few months. I didn't really expect it but it really wouldn't have made any sense to just build him up, only to feed him to someone that is already one of the top stars in the company. I hope he gets a decent run of it now, we haven't ever had a proper monster heel title run in WWE from what I can remember. Unfortunately, my gut feeling is that he loses it back to Orton at HIAC though. Would love to be wrong.

Punk/HHH was a very good brawl but it would've been better had the match not been put together so quickly. The feud hasn't been quite as personal as they've been trying to. The ending really was a clusterfuck, wasn't it? I guess that was they were going for anyway but it didn't accomplish anything, simply because everybody that interfered ended up attacking both Punk and HHH anyway, which is the problem with them wanting to keep both guys face in this feud. Still, I'm interested to see what they do next on RAW so it did do its job there.

As for the undercard, The Tag Title match was a good opener and set up the interference in the main event nicely, liked the fact that Air Boom now have matching attire. Rhodes/DiBiase was a decent wrestling match, the Fatal Fourway was very entertaining and one of the bset matches of the night and Kelly/Beth was pretty decent, the superplex spot was great and very unexpected.

Mark Henry looked like an absolute, unstoppable, mean mother fucker. I'm kinda hoping he and Sheamus feud over the strap as I loved their 'two big men beating the shit out of each other' match at SummerSlam but it seems Sheamus will be tied up with Christian [which is not a bad thing either in my opinion].

Enjoyed the Kelly/Beth match. Kelly's shown that she can have a good, competitive match with a strong opponent and its nice to see the match given a little bit of time and a big bump. Interested to see where they go from here. WWE clearly seem to be pushing Kelly as a credible 'model turned wrestler'. I have heard there may be consideration for a womens TLC match. Although I cant see it happening, if it did, I reckon The Divas Of Doom v Eve & Kelly should be that match.

Let out an audible 'Ah fuck!!' when Cena won as, mush like someone else said, I was kinda hoping for a JBL/Honky Tonk Man style reign for ADR. Naive, I know, but stranger things have happened.

Main event was good. Run ins threw up more questions than answers [which is good] and I'm thinking Laurinatis is gonna end up being the new 'Mr McMahon' [with Nash as his bodyguard] to HHH's 'Stonecold Steve Austin', as it were.

Anyway, enjoyable. Not fantastic, but for a free show that I could fast forward when needed, it did its job.

news on kevin nash from pwinsider

Almost everyone knew Kevin Nash was coming in here in Buffalo.....they had cameras focused on the entrance way and a dimly lit spot following him through the crowd. Right after Nash was hit with the hammer, I was watching Cole & Lawler with my binoculars and I saw Cole write something down on a notepad and showed it to Lawler. Lawler showed to one of the ring techs who ran towards the back.

After the match, Nash remained on the floor. Someone from the back came out with the ring tech and then someone did the X sign with their hands. About 4 others came out to assist Nash who was still laying down. Even Lawler came over. Nash finally sat up and was holding his head. He was wobbly when he stood up and needed assistance to get to the back.

Archived