WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

i am sooooo looking forward to tonight for the simple fact you know shit is going down with Nash. (i think a sly nwo invasion sorta thing again) its weird though because the build up to the cm-punk/ hhh match has been so poorly built but it think everyone on this forum knows that hunter and phil ;) will go all out tonight and put on a 4/5 star match.

also i would love to see Henry get the belt. he is long overdue a good payoff from the big e so i think tonight will be his night.(also i can't fucking stand Orton he reminds me of a shit marvel character)

the match i think will be match of the night will be airBOOM vs the miz and r-truth

both teams are so talented and i think this will give all 4 a huge push and im pissed off that the miz aint champ so as long as he is in a good match im happy.

rest of the card looks impressive and i will watch it live on sky sports i hope they dont let me down

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think Punk will turn heel tonight, I know it's probably bollocks but I read on Wrestlezone that Vince is supposed to be back on TV soon so I can imagine them having Punk win with help from Nash and Vince (fuck knows how they'd explain it though)

I can't see how Triple H can be the one to turn heel considering, as a few people have pointed out, he is the proper babyface in this feud and Punk just whinges and says "Pipebomb" to ever decreasing cheers

i am sooooo looking forward to tonight for the simple fact you know shit is going down with Nash. (i think a sly nwo invasion sorta thing again) its weird though because the build up to the cm-punk/ hhh match has been so poorly built but it think everyone on this forum knows that hunter and phil ;) will go all out tonight and put on a 4/5 star match.

You mean Paul and Phil

Punk may turn heel tonight but an issue I and others may have with that is he's only been a full on face for about a month so i think turning him now would be a bit quick.

I think the biggest swerve at this point is nobody turns and they both end up getting screwed.

im 50/50 on this, start a new job tomorrow so a part of me says i should get the good nights sleep and watch tomoro evening and avoid any disappointment come 4am. the other half wants to wake up at 3am and catch just this match assuming its the main event, and just work my way through the day, tired as, but my mind alert and "on" having witnessed punk jumping into nash's arms to celebrate while the crowd goes bananas yada yada...

I think the most probable theory I've heard so far is Nash comes out and attacks Triple H, Punk pins him to win, thus HHH is gone as COO.

Nash then beats the fuck out of Punk as well, leaving them both lying. Cut to tomorrow night on RAW, Nash reveals he's been working with Lauranitus and then Vince returns as the COO, Triple H is furious at this obviously, Stephanie can then be revealed as helping Vince get his job back too, so there we have Triple H and Punk forming an uneasy alliance, as Triple H accepts Punk was right all along, and it either leads to Nash vs. Triple H at Hell In A Cell, or maybe Punk vs. Nash with Triple H on the outside.

Maybe it might lead to a Punk/HHH vs. Nash and someone else match, who though I don't know.

• Paid Members

I really want Mark Henry to somehow win tonight. His '15 years' promo on Smackdown was just brilliant, it weirdly reminded me of Eddie Guerrero's promo before he faced Brock for his first title win. Its usually the kind of stuff a face comes out with, but it just perfectly fit Henry's character at the moment. He needs the win much more than Orton.

I really want Mark Henry to somehow win tonight. His '15 years' promo on Smackdown was just brilliant, it weirdly reminded me of Eddie Guerrero's promo before he faced Brock for his first title win. Its usually the kind of stuff a face comes out with, but it just perfectly fit Henry's character at the moment. He needs the win much more than Orton.

Agree with this, out of all the guys in the WWE right now, Mark Henry is one of the pure baddest & wouldn't hurt at all him getting the belt.

The next one after this (Hell in a Cell) is in two weeks. So surely the top three matches are all going to have rematches there. Easiest way to get to that is some sort of non-finish in Cena/Del Rio, a Henry win, and then a screwjob in the HHH vs Punk match. Can't see Henry winning though, he's battered Orton every time so far.

Nash then beats the fuck out of Punk as well, leaving them both lying. Cut to tomorrow night on RAW, Nash reveals he's been working with Lauranitus and then Vince returns as the COO, Triple H is furious at this obviously, Stephanie can then be revealed as helping Vince get his job back too, so there we have Triple H and Punk forming an uneasy alliance, as Triple H accepts Punk was right all along, and it either leads to Nash vs. Triple H at Hell In A Cell, or maybe Punk vs. Nash with Triple H on the outside.

This has legs I think. I would quite like to see Punk and HHH uneasily coexisting for some reason, and this is as good as any. I have a feeling they will go with a more straightforward Nash-based turn for one or the other (which is also fine), but I would quite like this scenario.

I honestly have no clue where they're going with it, but the events of tonight and follow up tomorrow could make or break the whole thing - particularly in the case of Punk. Punk and Nash together makes a lot more sense to me (outside of the events of Summerslam), but I'd quite like to see him doing this act as a face once his interviews are not based around him being a cunt about another massive babyface's wife.

Looks like another decent card in terms of in-ring albeit not quite to the level of MITB and SummerSlam. Best PPV year since 2008 for me.

Alberto Del Rio has had a couple of cracking matches recently so I can see his match with John Cena being a cracker.

I'm really rooting for Mark Henry this time around. He's had a lot of spells where it's LOOKED like he's gonna be in the main event and it's not worked out for whatever reason. A convincing win over Randy Orton would seal the deal this time I reckon.

I agree. Old Berty has been on top form as of late and Cena is normally

Archived