WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I reckon they will go with Triple H/Punk as the main event. It has been pushed as the main feud over Cena/Del Rio. Also it is likely we will get some kind of big finish, where as Del Rio will probably end with him winning by DQ or something similar and they won't want to end the PPV with that.

Exactly what i thought.

No idea who Cody will face, can't see anyone giving a damn about a Ted Dibiase match.

Hopefully they squeeze Sheamus/Christian on there as a singles match too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are people's predictions?

Triple H vs CM Punk

Either (a) Nash to cause a no contest by coming in and powerbombing both Punk and HHH multiple times or (b) Nash costing Triple H the match, thus putting HHH and Punk on the same page.

WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena

I want to say Del Rio, but something in my gut is saying Cena.

World Champion Randy Orton vs Mark Henry

I want Henry to win, but think it will be a Orton victory.

Tag Champions Air Boom vs The Miz and R-Truth

Although I think the belts need stability, I think they will end up around Miz / Truth and used as a means to push the two into WWE's conspiracy storyline some more.

US Champion Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Alex Riley vs John Morrison

Swagger to grabs the gold and push a Ziggler / Swagger fued.

Divas Champion Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix

Pheonix to win.

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs.... ???

Regardless of opponent, I'm prediction a Rhodes victory.

Good news indeed.

I guess that means Hell in a Cell next month will Sky Box Office then Vengeance on Sky Sports later in Oct followed by Survivor Series on Sky Box Office & (hopefully) TLC in Dec on Sky Sports?

I think usually, Survivor Series, TLC and The Rumble are Box Office events, think it's the only time where 3 events in a row are on Box Office.

I think the card looks pretty decent. Plenty of potential on there. Even though I'm not a fan of everything else about ADR, he is a cracking wrestler and a good match with Cena is on the cards. HHH vs. Punk should be an absolute beast of a match. I'm beginning to think maybe Miz/Truth is the big swerve that HHH is gonna pull out. Decent looking tag team title match on the subject of those two actually. Always a fan of fatal four ways when the talent is decent like it is here.

• Paid Members

The Henry ORton build has been really fucking excellent. Henry looks completely unbeatable and like a deadly motherfucker in a real David vs Goliath story. I'd acctually love to see Henry go over as he's been awesome and would look like he'd hold onto the belt for ages and it could be a really big deal for the first babyface who beats him. He won't though. :(

Really looking forward to this, WWE on PPV have been excellent all year so im expecting another good one here.

I think Henry has been too dominant to win tonight, if that makes sense. He's got the better of Orton on every single exchange they've had, everyone from announcers to wrestlers are saying he;s going to win, so booking 101 suggests Orton overcomes the odds and retains. Hope not though. Henry winning tonight, beating Orton again at HIAC and then going on to feud over the belt with Sheamus could be a very good end to the year, with maybe a Big Show return looming in the new year.

What does everyone think will happen in Punk/HHH then? I think one of them ends the night as a heel, Im just not sure which one. I think Nash comes back tonight and joins forces with HHH, it was a ruse all a long etc, leading to Punk/Nash in the Hell In A Cell next month. Definently won't end without shenanigans this one.

Archived