WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I fucking loved this PPV so much. I just really enjoyed watching it. Like a fan. I was into a lot of the finishes. The main event was exciting. Triple H and Punk had a great match. I loved the build to the Nash appearance. Johnny Ace and Miz and Truth fucking about stopping the pin falls. Ace getting the iPhone out was a mini tease. As soon as he got his phone out, you knew what was coming next. Ace texting Nash was like a lass getting her tits out the first time before you get on top of her to do your best to keep moral up. And very much like a Kevin Nash run/walk in, I imagine I'm the only one enjoying that as well. CM Punk kicked out of the pedigree, Miz and R-Truth are hanging with the big boys again. Funnily enough Nash actually reminded me of that scene in Turtles II, when Super Shredder is fucking about smashing shit up and then it takes something out of the ordinary to stop him. Nash was just walking about smacking people all over. He looked like Vader 93 or something. Whats great about WWE's production team is that sledgehammer shot. I didnt even see HHH get the hammer. One minute Nash is about to powerbomb him through the announce table and the next Nash is smacked right in the chin. Really enjoyable match. Raw should be good because there's a new foursome of Truth, Miz, Ace and Nash and Triple H is still the boss and we'll find out if Punk now believes HHH and Nash arent together. Cant wait. And another bonus is that with Nash knocking about with Awesome Truth, that means we'll get the return of Komedy Kev!

And that probably wasnt my favourite moment either. Mark Henry willing the belt was as close as I've got to getting an erection while watching a mens match on a WWE PPV. It was just so out of the blue and it was a clean win. I legit popped. The match never went on to long, so it wasnt to bad. Henry is really over. His interview afterwards was great as well. And it sparked a conversation in the chat about whether The Nation is infact the most successful group in the history of the business. Three World champs.

Cena and Del Rio was a class match as well. Didnt expect a Cena win, but it was a pleasent surprise, which featured Lawz saying "I can only hope Cena is injured and misses WrestleMania". The massive heads in the audience were brilliant as well, and Cena did an All Up In The Camera shot with the massive heeeeeds above him. Is that 10 times he's won the belt now?

Kelly Kelly winning I spotted a fucking mile off. Beth Phoenix was as over as anyone on the show because she was in her home town and true to form, in JR fashion, she did one in the middle, probably to howls of laughter from Johnny Ace, Kevin Dunne and Vince who high-fived and struttered to Kevin Dunne's Nickleback and AC/DC mix tape. This match was surprisingly good. I dont know whether it was because the crowd gave a shit or what, but it was fun to watch.

The opener was alright, Rhodes and DiBiase was boring me to tears and the four way was quite good actually. Great show. Cant complain about much on the show. Whatever peoples opinions on this show is, it got me thinking how class wrestling is and how affective it can be. Henry, Cena, Triple H and Nash are over with me. As a fan I like them. Hense I liked this PPV. It did its job with me 100%.

The Rock, John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H and someone else (Foley maybe?) vs. Kevin Nash, The Miz, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio and someone else it looks like at the Survivor Series.

His interview afterwards was great as well. And it sparked a conversation in the chat about whether The Nation is infact the most successful group in the history of the business. Three World champs.

Ministry of Darkness has had 4, not including Vince.

Edit: Rhodes/Dibiase was a good match but just dull as hell and I think I know why. Watching Dibiase is like watching a wrestling move instructional video, you're being shown how to do the moves correctly and safely, and you haven't yet got to the tape that shows character and combining the two in the ring.

I missed the tag opener, the four way was a pretty good match, save the fact I still can't find Morrison interesting, the day he started talking on the mic killed him for me. He should have stayed a silent grinning guy with a pair of sunglasses on while a manager spoke for him.

Orton vs Henry was dull for most part but the ending was sweet, suprised that Henry went over, more suprised he went over perfectly clean. Cracking promo afterwards too, hope they really let the ball run with this one.

Cena/ADR. Pass, it wasn't all that of a great match and I'll be fair to say it's nice to see someone not tap out within 5seconds of the STF, but seriously I don't know who it is in the headoffice who shits a brick if Cena goes a month without that title. The Rock didn't need full time in 2000 to be seen as the credible face and company megastar, so why does Cena need it now?

Kelly vs Beth. Looks like they're slowly swapping face/heel around, I know it was in Beth's home town so the obvious facepop was obvious, but there was just a few elements of underhanded work from Kelly (and some horrible telegraphing of moves long before execution) But the end where the camera zoomed in on her and her BFF it felt like they're aiming to make her the new McCool.

The main event though was all kinds of bizaare, still working my head around some of it, but the ending did what all great PPV endings should do, I'm now hooked to see the post PPV fallout on Raw tonight. Great match though with some really nice spots, hate Punk's new t-shirt... and still not a fan of his Cult of Personality theme (I know, he used it before, still doesn't sound as good)

• Paid Members
His interview afterwards was great as well. And it sparked a conversation in the chat about whether The Nation is infact the most successful group in the history of the business. Three World champs.

Yeah, DX held, like ever belt and the nWo killed them for success as well. It was Henry Hyperbole more than anything else. I think we just wanted to add more feathers to his already feather filled cap.

5. Undertaker, Simmons, Edge, Christian, JBL. And Bossman will make it six when he returns to win the Rumble and goes on to WrestleMania in a triple threat with Bryan and Smart Mark Henry.

5. Undertaker, Simmons, Edge, Christian, JBL. And Bossman will make it six when he returns to win the Rumble and goes on to WrestleMania in a triple threat with Bryan and Smart Mark Henry.

I wasn't counting WCW titles so I hadn't considered Simmons.

And I actually sat down and pondered that Ian, when you look at the alumni section of the Nation it looks pretty damn awesome... except Ahmed Johnson but who cares?

• Paid Members

Fantastic PPV. It's great to come on here and see a bunch of people who genuinely enjoyed the show. The FAN forums are filled with "Punk got buried, the feud is dead" posts. Sometimes that forum becomes a total parody of itself I swear.

• Paid Members

Delighted Henry won the belt, his promo afterwards was immense - it reminded me very much of Brodus Clay after losing NXT. I hope they give him a long run with the title, he's the guy who could give Daniel Bryan the big rub at Wrestlemania this year, if Randy Orton is kept for other matters.

The rest of the PPV did little for me. CM Punk has cooled off massively since MITB, and that's thanks in large to the way he's been booked. Triple H beating him isn't a problem at this point, but Punk's words become less and less effective by the promo. He comes across more of a petulant teenager than an edgy face at this point.

Cena winning the belt again was daft, he's utterly boring at this point and I'd rather see him have one long run with the belt rather than lots of little ones.

Tonight on Raw...

Alberto Del Rio: "It was my destiny to endure a shit first title run then lose the gold to John Cena last night! Destiny! Nobody can stop meee!"

The Miz: "Hey Truth, how come you came out to help me make Triple H lose his job, but two minutes later broke up a CM Punk pinfall attempt?"

R-Truth: "Umm...it was the spidas fault! They conspired!"

Kelly Kelly: "Congrats on your win last night John."

John Cena: "You too, Kelly. And may I say, you're like the John Cena of the Divas division. Well done. Great stuff."

Probably.

Delighted Henry won the belt, his promo afterwards was immense - it reminded me very much of Brodus Clay after losing NXT. I hope they give him a long run with the title, he's the guy who could give Daniel Bryan the big rub at Wrestlemania this year, if Randy Orton is kept for other matters.

Cena-Laughing-At-Vickie.jpg

Archived