WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
i know that the wrestling section of The sun's website has links with TNA

but in their NOC review they gave the show 5.5/10. now i was annoyed by some things on the show (mainly kelly, cena and the end of the main event) but that didnt take away from the fact that it was a very good show.

Isn't one of the editors or writers of The Suns wrestling page also employed by TNA?

I wouldn't pay any attention to anything that comes from there.

If you mean Simon Rothstein, he left The Sun when he took the TNA job.

Groan!

But Miz & Truth did have a reason to be out there, they have been building up to it for weeks talking about conspiracies by WWE management holding them back. Johnny Ace also has reason to be out there, he was trying to sabotage the match by using the referees to his advantage. When that didn't work he called out Big Kev as a last resort. And of course it furthers the storyline you idiot because it now clearly shows that Johnny Ace is plotting against Triple H!

Don't call me an idiot. I know what Johnny Ace is up to. The backstage segment took care of that. There was no need for him to be anywhere near ringside.

• Paid Members
There was no need for him to be anywhere near ringside.

Come off it! Wrestling is an audience participation based television show. You need a bit of an open mind. If your going to play the "he shouldnt be there" card, why didnt Triple H just invite CM Punk to titan towers and have Hall, Michaels, Justin Credible, Sheamus, Nash and X-Pac and all his other real life pals just kick his head in in the car park and send him back to the Independents? The reason being is because you need an audience to see it and it needs to make sense in the realms of the storyline, not in the realms of real life. He was there to enhance the intrigue of the live crowd and the viewing audience. Not a single storyline in the history of wrestling or television has ever made 100% sense if you want to be anal and pick at everything. I cant honestly believe there is anyone on earth that thinks Johnny Ace shouldnt have been at ringside. He's an instant hot spot with the live crowd.

All of it made sense, except the bit where Truth stopped Punk winning. The whole point of them running out in the first place was to cost HHH the match and fire him as C.O.O.

That was because mere moments before Punk had attacked Truth and threw him out of the ring.

It's mad how so many people forgot that that happened.

Oh yeah, really mad. Which is why it's enjoyable, right?

Why does what happens on the internet affect the quality of the show you just watched?

Because I enjoy stuff more when it upsets mongols like you.

You should just watch Impact on a loop - you'd love it, it's terrible. What a life King Shitcos leads...

• Paid Members

I thought Michael Cole's voice going added to the chaos of the main event. It was excellent and heated, then it became a cluster, which is no bad thing. Having a mental finish like that is good when you don't do it much, it had me gripped as I had no idea what was happening and how it would end.

• Paid Members
Don't call me an idiot. I know what Johnny Ace is up to. The backstage segment took care of that. There was no need for him to be anywhere near ringside.

You say you're not an idiot, you say you understand it and yet still you say Johnny didn't need to be at ringside? I don't understand you :confused:

Not a single storyline in the history of wrestling or television has ever made 100% sense if you want to be anal and pick at everything. I cant honestly believe there is anyone on earth that thinks Johnny Ace shouldnt have been at ringside. He's an instant hot spot with the live crowd.

Hey, life often doesn't make sense so why should storylines be any different?

Another very good PPV from WWE, not quite at the excellent heights of MITB and Summerslam for me but very good indeed.

Undercard progressed nicely and everything was good. Tag Match was a bit different and carried on the conspiracy stuff nicely, Rhodes/Dibiase was solid, if a little flat, 4-way was good fun too.

Henry/Orton was a good match of that style and chuffed to see Henry get the belt, which is something I wouldn't have said a couple of years ago. I've always like Henry but not in the World Champ sense, but now I'm lookng forward to his matches. It's been a near perfect build up since the Big Show pissed him off so hats off to WWE for that but also big credit to Mizark who's been brilliant in the role of "15 years of frustration and doubt" and his promos have been good, especially the short and to the point one after he won.

Cena/Del Rio surprised me, I wasn't looking forward to it at all but the 2nd half of the match drew me in and they had a great match, really back and forth towards the end. Still can't get into Del Rio fully though and look forward to his matches.

Main event was superb. The brawling was fantastic and seemed more spontaneous than usual, it also lead to the classic line from Lawler I think when he said "Where did he go!!" when HHH was backdropped over a 4ft video wall on the stage :laugh: Erm, the other side Jerry? Great elbow through the table from Punk too. After the brawling I loved all the attitude-era style run-ins. That hasn't been WWE's thing for ages really, especially on that scale and when it's the exception rather than the rule (as it was in 1999/2000) it's great fun and exciting stuff. Regardless of Punk hitting Truth or whatever I could have done without him interupting the count, just for my own nice little understanding of the story :laugh:. Yet again they moved the story on a little but still left plenty of questions at the end of the PPV. They're getting good at this wrestling storyline lark!

• Paid Members
I think Punk's hair looks funny once he's been wrestling for a few minutes and it's not slicked back anymore. It reminds me of someone on telly from the nineties, but I can't think who.

probably won't get seen due to the thread being a few days old but I'm almost positive you mean tim vincent

Tim-vincent-1997.jpg

Archived