WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
It doesn't make any sense. It was personal Punk/HHH. And they had the most pointless run-ins in history ruin what was already an average match. Sure we'll find out in due course. But you can't give that as the reason for it making sense when it doesn't.

The match gave off a sense that it was personal. Triple H was constantly in his face mentioning him talking about his wife. There wasnt any chain wrestling. There was weapon shots, high risk moves from CM Punk to end it, brawling. It was a very good match (no idea where your getting average from personally). Also, have you been watching the reason why it was personal? Punk thinks Triple H and Nash screwed him out of the title. And Nash got fired by HHH. Which explains the Nash involvment. Someone was cutting the microphone on CM Punk the other night. And Ace doesnt like HHH either. Which explains Johnny Ace's involvement. Miz and R-Truth have wrestled Punk recently and been involved with Nash on TV. All the characters who got involved were connected in some way to the two people involved. Also, in the midst of all the chaos neither man took their eyes off the task in hand and Triple H and CM Punk both could have won the match as Nash and Truth and Miz lay on the ground. It was a personal match, the run ins made perfect sense and the one question mark is why they didnt want either man to win. Which to me is the perfect cliff hanger to make us want to watch tonight. I get its fun to look for reasons why things arent making sense, but its obvious to anyone that there's a bigger picture.

Also Pitcos, CM Punk reminds me of Gash of Rab C Nesbitt. But a lot of people do for some reason.

cmp.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't make any sense. It was personal Punk/HHH. And they had the most pointless run-ins in history ruin what was already an average match. Sure we'll find out in due course. But you can't give that as the reason for it making sense when it doesn't.

Yeah the match was personal but are you actually saying from a character point of view Johnny Ace, Nash, Miz and R-Truth didn't have any reason to interfere?

I agree I think it would of made less sense if they hadn't interfered

Johnny Ace can't suck up to HHH the way he did Vince plus he hopes if HHH lost his job he would be the next in line and then he could even fire Punk so screwing HHH would kill both birds with one stone.

As for Nash with HHH out of the way and Ace in charge he would likely get his job back and Miz/Truth think HHH is against them and they will be back to the main event once he's gone.

• Paid Members

I thought the PPV was pretty fucking great overall.

The only weak points were:

Rhodes/Dibiase which was a solid match but no one has any reason to give a fuck about Ted.

The bizzaare opening match where Miz/Truth were playing the typical tag team faces role and Bourne/Kofi cheating which is definitely NOT what they should be doing. I understand what they were going for especially in regards to the ending but it could have been done better so Kofi/Evan came out of it looking better.

Jerry Lawler is awful.

Less goofy shite Shaemus, just kick the fuck out of people.

Cena winning. Again. FUCK SAKES!!!!!!!111111 He doesn't need the belt and now every time he wins it it actually devalues it. It's meaningless now because everyone knows that even if he does lose it he will get it back 1 month later. Complete fucking bollocks! They are just gonna do a rematch at Hell In A Cell anyway, would it really have hurt them to have Del Rio keep it last night and then lose it 2 weeks later. Now Rio goes back to the mid card to do literally nothing and another potential heel main eventer has his legs cut off from underhim before he even gets a chance to shine for no fucking reason. Fuck you for this WWE, you idiots.

But the good points:

I loved the main event and all the ending craziness had me on the edge of my seat. Even though Punk lost he came out looking strong because of the sick elbow drop, looking competitive against HHH all match long, kicking out of a Pedigree, almost winning before R-truth pulled out the ref and then beating up R-Truth. He came out looking good IMO.

Mark Henry is the new fucking GOD of wrestling. Great match with a sick ending and his ending promo was a classic moment. LOVED IT! One scary badass motherfucker.

Beth Pheonix is just insanely loveable. Her entrance music is great.

The 4 Way was tons of fun and all four men came out looking strong. I'm really starting to love Dolph Ziggler.

Fuck ya'all, Booker T is awesome

Matching attire for Air Boom!

Christian's reaction to the "green testicle" line.

Overall a really good crowd that seemed into nearly everything.

just watched the main, i really enjoyed it upto all the run-ins which i feel were there just for the "tune-into-raw-tomoro-to-get-a-clue factor", just felt very prolonged. but what had been going upto that point was really terrific i thought especially for what is likely the first in several meetings (booking 101 dont give away everything in the first match). lots of stuff they can build on to come like has been said a real reason for a cell match. it reminded me of main events from 2000 a lot in that it was just fun with lots of wild stuff happening, especially bits like fighting through the crowd and near the entrance and making use of the set.

• Paid Members
All of it made sense, except the bit where Truth stopped Punk winning. The whole point of them running out in the first place was to cost HHH the match and fire him as C.O.O.

That was because mere moments before Punk had attacked Truth and threw him out of the ring.

Cena winning. Again. FUCK SAKES!!!!!!!111111 He doesn't need the belt and now every time he wins it it actually devalues it. It's meaningless now because everyone knows that even if he does lose it he will get it back 1 month later. Complete fucking bollocks! They are just gonna do a rematch at Hell In A Cell anyway, would it really have hurt them to have Del Rio keep it last night and then lose it 2 weeks later. Now Rio goes back to the mid card to do literally nothing and another potential heel main eventer has his legs cut off from underhim before he even gets a chance to shine for no fucking reason. Fuck you for this WWE, you idiots.

I'll be honest. I love the fact that Cena won, because it means that we might be closer to getting rid of this "destiny" pish that ADR has been boring us with for months. Or it feels like months anyways.

The bizzaare opening match where Miz/Truth were playing the typical tag team faces role and Bourne/Kofi cheating which is definitely NOT what they should be doing. I understand what they were going for especially in regards to the ending but it could have been done better so Kofi/Evan came out of it looking better.

I'm with you on this one. I could have understood them going down this route if they had a match on RAW where Truth and Miz were doing the same things to Bourne and Kofi that they had done to them at the PPV, but as far as I could see, it was just Bourne and Kofi acting the cunt. What gives? They could easily have left that shit out and just had the referee screwing them at the end in order to keep the conspiracy stuff going. The match was a belter though.

All of it made sense, except the bit where Truth stopped Punk winning. The whole point of them running out in the first place was to cost HHH the match and fire him as C.O.O.

That was because mere moments before Punk had attacked Truth and threw him out of the ring.

It's mad how so many people forgot that that happened.

• Paid Members

Except it didn't. R-Truth isn't thick, he'd know that stopping Punk winning the match for his own petty reason was a dumb thing to do considering the only reason they went out in the first place was to make sure he won.

Beat him up after the match, but why stop him winning? It defeated the entire point of them being there.

Except it didn't. R-Truth isn't thick, he'd know that stopping Punk winning the match for his own petty reason was a dumb thing to do considering the only reason they went out in the first place was to make sure he won.

Beat him up after the match, but why stop him winning? It defeated the entire point of them being there.

You've obviously never been in a fight, as soon as someone hits you, logic goes out the door ;)

Archived