WWE Night Of Champions 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Except it didn't. R-Truth isn't thick, he'd know that stopping Punk winning the match for his own petty reason was a dumb thing to do considering the only reason they went out in the first place was to make sure he won.

Beat him up after the match, but why stop him winning? It defeated the entire point of them being there.

Yes he is. That's been made pretty clear since his heel turn.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

10 bleeding pages and not one person has mentioned the Benoit sign?! You mentalists!

Absolutely cracking PPV from beginning to end and ANYONE who thinks Punk has been buried here is a FUCKING NOB.

Question, though - why are WWE's B-level PPVs so much better than their main ones at the moment? There must be a reason for it.

• Paid Members
i know that the wrestling section of The sun's website has links with TNA

but in their NOC review they gave the show 5.5/10. now i was annoyed by some things on the show (mainly kelly, cena and the end of the main event) but that didnt take away from the fact that it was a very good show.

I wouldn't take any notice of The Sun. After nearly 20 years, they still can't give correct ratings for Premier League matches.

"Did you see the game?"

"No, but Gerrard scored"

"Ok, give him man of the match"

"What was the score?"

"0-0"

"Ok, give Gerrard man of the match"

You can also replace Gerrard with Lampard, Rooney etc.

10 bleeding pages and not one person has mentioned the Benoit sign?! You mentalists!

Absolutely cracking PPV from beginning to end and ANYONE who thinks Punk has been buried here is a FUCKING NOB.

Question, though - why are WWE's B-level PPVs so much better than their main ones at the moment? There must be a reason for it.

I actually don't remember seeing a Benoit sign - any screencaps?

• Paid Members
Cena winning. Again. FUCK SAKES!!!!!!!111111 He doesn't need the belt

I'm not gonna argue over whether or not it would have been better for Del Rio to retain and lose 2 weeks later because frankly I don't even know why he had the belt to begin with. However you're first comment is way off. If ever there was a time in recent years that Cena needed the belt it's now. He has a big match coming up with The Rock, the build up is just about to start and I think most people would agree the match becomes a bit more juicy if it's for the title. As such if Cena has the belt as the build up begins then some of the focus can be put on that. You also have the question of how badly The Rock would like one more title? What will he do to make sure Cena still has that belt at WrestleMania? OR maybe The Rock couldn't give a flying fuck about winning another title and would rather cost Cena the belt in the build up? Where does this leave the Royal Rumble winner?

Bottom line, Cena with the belt in this fued opens so many more doors!

Except it didn't. R-Truth isn't thick, he'd know that stopping Punk winning the match for his own petty reason was a dumb thing to do considering the only reason they went out in the first place was to make sure he won.

Beat him up after the match, but why stop him winning? It defeated the entire point of them being there.

Heat of the moment!

I didn't think Miz/Truth had any reason to interfere. Johnny Ace didn't have to either as we had already seen him talking to Punk and on his phone backstage so we knew Nash was going to be there.

If and it is a big if it was to make any sense, Nash should have had first dibs and then those two come out as the cavalry. Instead those two come out, referees come out and THEN Ace comes out and does nothing to further the storyline and then after a distinctly average match has been ruined by interference, the only man that really did have a reason to be there (Nash) trundles out.

• Paid Members

Groan!

But Miz & Truth did have a reason to be out there, they have been building up to it for weeks talking about conspiracies by WWE management holding them back. Johnny Ace also has reason to be out there, he was trying to sabotage the match by using the referees to his advantage. When that didn't work he called out Big Kev as a last resort. And of course it furthers the storyline you idiot because it now clearly shows that Johnny Ace is plotting against Triple H!

• Paid Members
I didn't think Miz/Truth had any reason to interfere. Johnny Ace didn't have to either as we had already seen him talking to Punk and on his phone backstage so we knew Nash was going to be there.

If and it is a big if it was to make any sense, Nash should have had first dibs and then those two come out as the cavalry. Instead those two come out, referees come out and THEN Ace comes out and does nothing to further the storyline and then after a distinctly average match has been ruined by interference, the only man that really did have a reason to be there (Nash) trundles out.

So you're pretending none of the build up happened or were you half asleep watching the match? I don't understand how you don't get this.

The Miz and R-Truth believe there is a conspiracy going on and Triple H is part of that, so they came down to force CM Punk to win (which is why they took him out too) you see if Punk won Triple H would no longer be in charge.

Now Jonny no personality was suspected by fans as being against Triple H (but not totally clear on the show to Triple H himself) reason not being too clear, it could be that he feels if Triple H is out the picture then he himself will be in charge or it could be that Vince McMahon (or Steph) are still pulling strings and using him to do it. This is why he stopped the referee from counting the pin, but notice how he tried to be subtle about it? Then he sent the ref in to count Punk pin, but what did he do when that failed? He walked away and was clearly seen sending a text message. Almost seconds later his lacky Kevin Nash arrives. Nash is really there for business, because someone is paying him to do this stuff, but there will a personal element with Triple H since he punched and sacked him.

On another note, I LOVED the ref punching Miz!

i know that the wrestling section of The sun's website has links with TNA

but in their NOC review they gave the show 5.5/10. now i was annoyed by some things on the show (mainly kelly, cena and the end of the main event) but that didnt take away from the fact that it was a very good show.

Isn't one of the editors or writers of The Suns wrestling page also employed by TNA?

I wouldn't pay any attention to anything that comes from there.

• Paid Members
tumblr_lrr3nkKJT11qec8dto1_500.png

There it is! I'm amazed no-one picked up on that. Have there been any other Benoit signs on camera at a WWE event before he went, y'know, a bit mad? Can't remember any.

Michael Cole losing his voice was pretty funny. He tried to keep involved for a bit with the occasional croaked "Yeah" and "Uh huh" but in the end just gave up and the next time we saw him it looked like he was drinking a whole glass of Benylin. Lawler and Booker filled in quite well, though, considering.

• Paid Members
Michael Cole losing his voice was pretty funny. He tried to keep involved for a bit with the occasional croaked "Yeah" and "Uh huh" but in the end just gave up and the next time we saw him it looked like he was drinking a whole glass of Benylin. Lawler and Booker filled in quite well, though, considering.

I wondered where he'd gone! Truth is I mis JR at these events, but at least he's back on Raw. I'm hoping they use him for WrestleMania though.

Archived