Matt Hardy fired from TNA

Heaney

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm amazed at how far his stock has fallen in the last few years. He's turned into a seemingly quite likeable chap who I think we all felt at the time was really harshly done by. Having his bird cheat on him with one of best mates and then rather than one of them getting the sack, he copped for it instead. A double whammy. Through sheer fan power he was resigned and all seemed right with the world, but ever since then he's simply gotten fat and a little bit mental. He went from being someone you could had real sympathy for to someone who just seems to have turned into something of a waste of space, and that's a terrible shame, and someone who in his current state doesn't really deserve a 16 page thread about his recent lunacy.

For all his recent faults though, he was a tremendous talent and I still think he's capable of being a good hand for either TNA or the WWE. If he could stop being such a mentalist and get focused on keeping up on his conditioning, at the very least you could shill some Hardy Boys merch from him. He'd be a decent hand to book against plenty of the newcomers (I recall last year he made Del Rio looked pretty good in one of his last matches) for one thing. If anything, when he gets a little older and wiser perhaps he'd be a good road agent of sorts, trying to get some of the younger talent to learn from his and Jeff's past mistakes and the like. I'm not saying or one minute he'd set the world alight, but I still think he's got something to offer.

• Moderators

Bleacher Report has the police report. It makes for hilarious reading.

TMZ has posted an article about Matt Hardy's latest arrest for driving while impaired that includes a link to the full police report as a PDF/Adobe Reader file (with the usual TMZ watermark).

RDU Airport Police Sgt. M.L. Larson was sent out on a call about a "possible drunk driver" who was "all over the road" and barely missed hitting two drivers three different times She spotted Hardy's car, turned on his flashing lights, and pulled Hardy over. As Hardy made a left turn in the process of pulling over where he was directed, "his vehicle swerved into the curb and back into the road before stopping in the service court."

When Sgt. Larson asked Hardy how he was doing, he "mumbled" the word "alright." Hardy said that he was there "to pick up [his] girlfriend" after being asked what he was doing there. Larson noted that "Mr. Hardy's speech was very slurred and he made a concentrated effort to speak 'normally.'"

In addition, Larson wrote that "Mr. Hardy's appearance was neat, but his speech was very slow and slurred, and he had trouble focusing on me while I was speaking to him. He was able to answer questions after hesitating and slurring his speech." Hardy denied drinking and answered in the affirmative when "asked if he was okay."

When Larson asked Hardy to get out of the car, he started to open the door, but the car started to roll, so Larson "yelled for him to put the vehicle in park." Yes, Matt Hardy was so out of it that he didn't shift his car into park when he pulled over, instead keeping his foot on the brakes the whole time and then forgot that he hadn't shifted into park when he had to get out. Wow.

When Hardy got out, Larson turned the traffic stop over to Officer C. Smith-Wynter (referred to as Officer Smith in text of the report). Smith observed that "Hardy had slow and slurred speech, sleepy eyes and a very lackadaisical manner."

Smith conducted the standard feld sobriety tests (SFSTs), starting with the Walk-and-Turn test. This consists of nine heel to toe steps, turning around, and repeating the steps.

Hardy "mis-stepped" after four steps, but was allowed to restart the test. He.completed the initial leg of nine steps, turned, and then "after taking two steps, Mr. Hardy lost his balance and failed to stay on the line." When asked to continue, he took three steps before failing.

After Smith "explained and demonstrated the test to Mr. Hardy again," he was only able to take "two or three steps" before losing his balance. Smith then stopped the test.

The next SFST was the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus test, which looks for a specific type of "involuntary jerking of the eye" that is "exaggerated" when someone is impaired by alcohol. Hardy tested negative. Portable Breathalyzer tests conducted at both 2:15 PM & 2:21 PM local time registered 0.00% blood alcohol content.

The last SFST was was the One-Leg Stand Test, in which "the suspect is instructed to stand with one foot approximately six inches off the ground and count aloud by thousands (One thousand-one, one thousand-two, etc.) until told to put the foot down." In both attempts, Hardy was "unable to hold his leg up past 1 second."

At 5:30 PM, Trooper H.C. Ellefson arrived on the scene and evaluated Hardy, performing "a battery" of SFSTs before Smith arrested Hardy for Driving Under the Influence. Please don't ask me what the difference between Driving Under the Influence and Driving While Impaired/Intoxicated is, if there is one.

Hardy's car, a 2011 Camaro, was driven home by his girlfriend, Rebecca "Reby Sky" Reyes. His blood was drawn at Wake County Jail, with the specimen being secured and entered into an evidence locker at the RDU Airport Police department.

For what it's worth, since I forgot to mention it earlier, Hardy also has a charge pending for Reckless Driving in Wanton Disregard. The court date on that charge is October 11th.

Thankfully he hasn't hurt anyone else yet. Hopefully, this series of charges serves as a blessing in disguise and leads to him being forced into an inpatient drug rehabilitation program. He's not going to get better any other way, and there's no way he's going on his own.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/849416-...ost-his-balance

• Paid Members
The last SFST was was the One-Leg Stand Test, in which "the suspect is instructed to stand with one foot approximately six inches off the ground and count aloud by thousands (One thousand-one, one thousand-two, etc.) until told to put the foot down." In both attempts, Hardy was "unable to hold his leg up past 1 second."

Always not doing the job, even when the police are about.

One-Leg Stand Test

Good name! Clear and concise!

"Hardy had slow and slurred speech, sleepy eyes and a very lackadaisical manner."

Someone's been watching his TNA matches.

I was going to say, he's always like that.

As with Angle, it doesn't like drunk driving as much as driving when stoned on Somas or something similar.

Its very sad to see that over the course of 18 months Matt Hardy has just ruined himself and has got into a spiral, it appears that his internet stardom also is his own undoing as the world has managed to see him go from the top to the bottom in a very short time. How rebey sky is still with him I'll never know. He's going to end up broke and a wrestling casualty if he doesn't watch himself. Truly a shame

I reckon he's a bit brain damaged.

Seriously. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (I looked it up) the same type of brain injury Benoit and Test had. Stemming from repeated blows to the head through bumping for so long.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4724912

I'm willing to bet Matt isn't going to improve. Rather get worse over time.

Archived