Matt Hardy fired from TNA

Heaney

Ive always been a fan of both Hardy's but this takes the biscuit, why cant he just shut up for 5mins get his shit together,

As much stick as Jeff gets atleast when he went off TV, he went quiet and let the shit pass and got clean & sober (as far as Ive heard) since then.

They could both be usefull to WWE they just need to keep there shit together (and matts mouth shut)

You know that isn't going to happen with Matt's love of food...and grapes!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was it just me or did anyone else think "work" when jeff's wife responded on twitter, reeks of storyline to me and TNA trying to jump on WWE's recent bandwagon of shoot-stuff

Not really. It sounded like she was as sick of his stupid shit as we are and was letting everyone know.

"I have retired as a full time professional wrestler."

No, you've just burnt your bridges in the only two places where you can work as a full-time professional wrestler. What were his other options supposed to be, exactly? Working Butlins for All Star?

He will be doing, he'll be taking select indie dates and getting paid well for them. That's what he means by "retiring as a full time wrestler" - becoming a weekend warrior. Its not as if he has any options for a full-time schedule, certainly not with TV exposure or a good regular paycheck from a full-time employer.

I doubt he needs the money anyway, and his (un)employment situation might turn out for the best in the long run. But attempting to spin it and make out that his lack of any real presence in the business is his own decision is a bit pathetic.

It was his own decision to some extent, he wanted to be let go by the WWE, and he was.

I think the problem with the Hardys is that it was too much, too young. They became big stars in their early 20s. Those TLC matches can't have helped either, might have taken too many knocks to the heads.

It was his own decision to some extent, he wanted to be let go by the WWE, and he was.

I think the problem with the Hardys is that it was too much, too young. They became big stars in their early 20s. Those TLC matches can't have helped either, might have taken too many knocks to the heads.

Do you seriously think he'd turn down the offer of his old midcard role on SmackDown if Johnny Ace called him tomorrow? He acted the twat to get WWE to release him, got fired by TNA when he finally got there, and the chances of WWE taking him back now are next to nothing. I think its a safe bet he'd have swallowed down what WWE were giving him if he'd known how things were going to work out in TNA.

I agree with you about the "too much too young" thing, though. Jeff in particular was even younger and even more popular than Matt. With wrestling's popularty at the turn of the millenium, they must have been mobbed wherever they went. Add that to losing their mum young, and there being much more of a drug culture surrounding wrestling when they got started, and its hardly surprising they're fucked up. Jeff's just a bit weird and into his medicine though. Off the drugs he's probably fairly sane, if a bit odd. But Matt's gone fucking loopy.

Yep, Matt kind of seemed like the older, more mature brother back in the day. I don't think he really needs a WWE contract, he's done well for himself, he's a millionaire and can probably charge a grand or two per appearence. WWE has taken him back before back when he left for a brief time in 2005, as mentioned, but of course the circumstances are different this time. It's just like Britnet Spears, how she got big young and went off the rails as an adult.

Archived