Oslo Bombing and Shooting

patiirc

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. It took the police 15/20 minutes to stop the guy shooting once they got there. That will have cost a lot of lives.

I bit dated I know, but I've just read this article (which has been shortened from the original) by everyone's favourite Norwegian who believes that Breivik should have, and could have, been stopped before the police even got the chance to do so;

There is one question in relation to the Ut

• Paid Members

Why is his point about fighting back being ridiculed?

We had the shooting in Wisconsin at the Gurdwara over the weekend. The gunman there was tackled by one of the Sangat. This man was killed sadly. However his actions forced the gunman away from the area he was in. Pushing him towards the police. Where he met his deserved end.

If the objection is to Vikernes political views. Fair enough. I don't know enough about Norwegian politics to comment on that. Is Vikernes also not a murderer himself? Time served I believe. I can understand why that would make him less than interesting.

However fighting back has to be an option. With that he makes a valid point. Too many people ignore and walk away from bother. I may be missing something. Happy to read what others have to say.

• Paid Members
It's because he's too stupid to tell the difference between a terrified child and a coward.

Weren't they young adults? The camp was for a political party youth wing. Correct? Surely there were older adults supposedly charged with the security of the attendees. How can you prepare for a one man killing machine though.? Why would you even think about it?

When the situation presents itself though. How people cope and react in this extreme situation has to be looked at here. One person should not have been able to murder so many people.

• Paid Members

I doubt it. I'm not blaming anyone. I have no idea how I would act in that situation. It's just shocking to me that he was able to wander around freely murdering for over an hour. I guess it's the difference between his single minded focused objective against the unprepared victims.

He was one man against over a hundred. Yet a hundred people were unable to protect themselves against one nutcase. Are we that inept? How was he able to do this? The reports and pictures of his executions are harrowing. A large number of his murders were not a case of him going around spraying bullets. Groups of people were made to kneel down and then they were dispatched. I cannot understand how he was able to do that.

• Paid Members
I doubt it. I'm not blaming anyone. I have no idea how I would act in that situation.

Well there you go, then. Stop talking shit. Breivik is a convicted murderer and racist. He is a fucking imbecile. He doesn't raise any interesting or debatable points, nor is he interested in doing so.

All he's interested in doing is taking the grief of a nation (and beyond) and dragging it through the mud to add to his notoriety. I find it amazing you think that there is a pertinent point here.

Archived