Oslo Bombing and Shooting

patiirc

• Paid Members

Sounds like a hell of a good system to me. There's no way he'll ever not be considered dangerous, he's done too much networking. Even if he was old and infirm he would be an incredibly potent figurehead.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19365616

21 years. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Fuck me, that interpreter did an astounding job. He has to hear the judge speed through "section 34 a, b and c" and so on whilst repeating it in a foreign language at pace and simultaneously listening to the numbers that she continues to run through in haste.

I've done simultaneous interpretation before (which seemed easier, to be fair, then the approach of listening to a block of speech and then repeating 500 words during a pause) but anything with numbers like that chap did is impossible for me, because I purposefully have to visualise the number and then translate it in my head. That's not possible if I also have a string of other numbers being blurted out that I'm supposed to be interpreting too.

The boy earned his salary today!

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

tumblr_mbw0cdjHYE1qd8bqxo1_500.gif

The Norwegian convicted of the massacre of 77 people last year has said he is being held in "inhumane" conditions.

Anders Behring Breivik complained in a letter to the prison service that his coffee is served cold, he does not have enough butter for his bread, and he is not allowed moisturiser.

Breivik is serving a minimum 21-year sentence for the bombings and shootings in Oslo and Utoeya island last July.

The Norwegian authorities have not commented on the letter.

However his lawyer has confirmed that the details of the 27-page document leaked to Norway's VG newspaper are authentic.

Breivik is being held in almost complete isolation - 23 hours a day, he says - at Ila prison outside Oslo.

His cell includes three sections, one to sleep, one for study and a third for exercise - each measuring 8 sq m (86 sq ft).

In the letter, he complains that the cell is poorly decorated and has no view.

"I highly doubt that there are worse detention facilities in Norway," he writes.

'Too cold'

Among his other complaints are:

* the handcuffs he wears when being moved around the prison "are too sharp and "cut in his wrist"

* the cell is too cold, forcing him to wear three layers of clothes

* he has to rush his morning shave and brushing of teeth

* light and television switches are outside the cell, so he has to ask for help to change channel or sleep.

Ila is an all-male institution which "houses some of the country's most dangerous men", its website says.

However it differs markedly from other maximum security jails in western Europe. The staff is a half-and-half mix of men and women and none are armed.

Breivik massacred 77 people, most of them teenagers at a youth camp run by Norway's governing Labour Party.

His 21-year sentence can be indefinitely extended for as long as he is considered a danger to society.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20270325

Well, Varg's a skinny pallid delusional goon as well, so maybe that's why he feels he's such a good source of inspiration.

Or, at least, he used to be... he probably bulked up in jail right? that's what most people do. Has anyone ever written a prison yard gym routine book / article? I would read that.

My girlfriends brother was some kind of prison champion bodybuilder. He's always looking for ways to make money, I'll drop him your suggestion lol.

Archived