Oslo Bombing and Shooting

patiirc

• Paid Members
The point is about not being able to defend ourselves. Are you able to address that? Feel free to take me through it step by step. I'm not as well informed as you seem to be.

What are you talking about? How do people in a situation that they have never been in before and would never expect to be in defend themselves against a lunatic armed to the teeth with guns that is indiscriminately slaughtering people? What are they supposed to use, man, harsh language?

What are you suggesting here, that we all take courses in how to react in a situation where we might be shot in the face?

Let me ask you a question - are you really endorsing and agreeing with the opinion of Varg Vikernes on this matter?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point is about not being able to defend ourselves. Are you able to address that? Feel free to take me through it step by step. I'm not as well informed as you seem to be.

Life isn't like the A-Team. Were you expecting these "young adults", mostly aged 14-18, to manufacture weapons out of fertilizer and lengths of piping and take the fight to him? These kids were totally unprepared for the hell they found themselves in.

I know we'd all like to think that we'd be the guy who somehow stood up to the aggressor, concocting a clever plan to rugby tackle him from behind using our skills learnt whilst playing rugby at school, or finessing 6 months spent doing karate into a stellar martial arts fight scene which ends with us disarming him and saving the day. But the great likelihood is that we'd have panicked like everyone else. You'd probably have ended up face down in the dirt with a bullet in the back of your teenage skull, BigJag, despite your posturing.

How about being totally frozen by fear? Surely that seems rational?

It is, but there surely must have been a fair amount of adults on that island, no? They didn't feel any urge to at least attempt to stop him? Especially considering they were charged with looking after youngsters.

I know Vikernes has previous for stirring shit up, but he's right up to a point that adult males simply sat down and put their head in their hands rather than actually trying to do something about it.

Life isn't like the A-Team. Were you expecting these "young adults", mostly aged 14-18, to manufacture weapons out of fertilizer and lengths of piping and take the fight to him? These kids were totally unprepared for the hell they found themselves in.

I know we'd all like to think that we'd be the guy who somehow stood up to the aggressor, concocting a clever plan to rugby tackle him from behind using our skills learnt whilst playing rugby at school, or finessing 6 months spent doing karate into a stellar martial arts fight scene which ends with us disarming him and saving the day. But the great likelihood is that we'd have panicked like everyone else. You'd probably have ended up face down in the dirt will a bullet in the back of your teenage skull, BigJag, despite your posturing.

That's true, but you would like to think there would at least be a handful of those teenagers who had enough piss & vinegar about them to at least try and stop him. It was obvious that there was no reasoning with him, so there wasn't much to lose.

What are you talking about? How do people in a situation that they have never been in before and would never expect to be in defend themselves against a lunatic armed to the teeth with guns that is indiscriminately slaughtering people? What are they supposed to use, man, harsh language?

What are you suggesting here, that we all take courses in how to react in a situation where we might be shot in the face?

Let me ask you a question - are you really endorsing and agreeing with the opinion of Varg Vikernes on this matter?

Actually, I saw a documentary on how to deal with a situation like this. What happened was four people, soldiers of fortune who were on the run for crimes they didn't commit, squirrelled themselves away in a shed and showed you how to create weaponry and vehicles from a few twigs, empty cans and suspenseful music. If only the children of Norway had seen this documentary, so many lives would have probably been saved.

EDIT - Ah fuck you, Loki!

And Fuck Off, David with your Billy Big Bollocks shit.

• Paid Members
Actually, I saw a documentary on how to deal with a situation like this. What happened was four people, soldiers of fortune who were on the run for crimes they didn't commit, squirrelled themselves away in a shed and showed you how to create weaponry and vehicles from a few twigs, empty cans and suspenseful music. If only the children of Norway had seen this documentary, so many lives would have probably been saved.

Oh yeah, I saw that as well. I think it was pressure from airlines that stopped it from being distributed more widely, though.

And Fuck Off, David with your Billy Big Bollocks shit.

If I was going to die anyway the last thing I'd do is sit down with my head in my hands. I'd pretty much get wasted by him (being a dude with no military experience or knowledge of firearms) but I'd have at least tried. That's not a case of being "Billy big bollocks", it's just human nature to try and survive.

I don't think anyone is expecting the ridiculous examples you and your buddies are talking about, but when one guy tries to stop him on an island of many it is pretty sad.

It's worth pointing out that Breivik killed most of the adults first. He killed the security chief on the island when he became suspicious of Breivik's police identity, along with the camp leader. There were a handful of adults and 600 teenagers.

He was dressed as a policeman too, so a lot of kids ran up to him thinking he was arriving to help catch the shooter. And then he killed them.

Of course, I'm sure David, with all his extensive combat experience from membership of the Arran Defence League, would have seen through all this and karate chopped the motherfucker to death. or chopped his knees at least.

• Paid Members

Not agreeing. No. I think I made that clear earlier. One person should not be able to carry out mass murder of that scale. It's something we need to learn from.

After the shooting in Wisconsin. The American government raised the level of security awareness on religious buildings around New York. Sikhs were calling for increased security around Gurdwaras. Is this the way we need to go to protect ourselves now?

Coming from a Sikh background. It is part of our makeup to stand up against injustice and threats.

Are we saying that the people in Oslo had no other option but to accept that they were going to die. Or put their future in the hands of a mad man. Was he able to create such a level of fear?! I find that hard to accept.

Of course, I'm sure David, with all his extensive combat experience from membership of the Arran Defence League, would have seen through all this and karate chopped the motherfucker to death. or chopped his knees at least.

Chortle Chortle, good arrows etc.

I'm simply saying that I thought more people would have tried to fight for their lives is all, nothing more. But feel free to continue with hilarious A-Team stories and the like.

Coming from a Sikh background. It is part of our makeup to stand up against injustice and threats.

Wasn't there an instance during the London riots where a Sikh temple was under threat of attack that ended with a few Sikh's chasing the fuckers away with weapons? I may be wrong on that, but I'm sure I heard something along those lines.

• Paid Members

My last post came after a few people had posted. It was meant to be in response to Gladstone.

Reading through the other posts. Some of you are being a bit silly.

If the majority of the 600 survived. In that case some of them must have had a little bit about them. They got people organised and away from danger. I never suggested that the fight should have been taken to the madman. There are many ways to protect yourself and those around you. It seems some on the island did this. We only got to see what the news wanted us to see.

Archived