heat on John Laurinaitis

xear

Jericho gets paid more than fairly by his take on it. He's only left because he's hit that point he usually gets to where he wants to tour with his band and do other things. One thing about Jericho, he knows when to get out. Jericho could be like that for years and be better off for it. I'm not Jerichos biggest fan, but I wouldnt mind seeing him back now. Its something a lot of wrestlers should do. Edge definitely could have done with just taking a break every now and then. Rey Mysterio could as well.

Kane also. I feel if he took a couple of years out (lets say mid 08) to refresh his character, body and mind that would've done him the world of good. Not to forget a nice big fancy return storyline too.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Jericho gets paid more than fairly by his take on it. He's only left because he's hit that point he usually gets to where he wants to tour with his band and do other things. One thing about Jericho, he knows when to get out. Jericho could be like that for years and be better off for it. I'm not Jerichos biggest fan, but I wouldnt mind seeing him back now. Its something a lot of wrestlers should do. Edge definitely could have done with just taking a break every now and then. Rey Mysterio could as well.

Kane also. I feel if he took a couple of years out (lets say mid 08) to refresh his character, body and mind that would've done him the world of good. Not to forget a nice big fancy return storyline too.

The potential in a Kane return storyline (after leaving for a good year) is huge. He's exactly the wrestler that needs this. Just a shame he's a bit too broken down to invest too much money in him these days.

As much as I think he's awesome, Big Show could do with sometime off.

The potential in a Kane return storyline (after leaving for a good year) is huge. He's exactly the wrestler that needs this. Just a shame he's a bit too broken down to invest too much money in him these days.

Is he broken down? He's older and fatter than he was in 2002, but he doesn't seem much worse now physically than he was even in 2003. I don't think a year off would do him that much good, partly because he's old anyway and partly because he's Kane. Every time he gets a career resurrection, it only ever lasts a few months and then he's back to being boring old utility man Kane. Look at his stuff with Undertaker last year that blew people away, but fizzled out and by WrestleMania he was in a minute-long filler eight man tag.

• Moderators
I'd suggest that if Vince and the creative didnt treat people like shit (as is indicated in alot of interviews) maybe he wouldnt be losing talent. Can't blame everyone else

Yeah, but I think the whole world hates Johnny Ace. I can see why he's getting blamed.

• Paid Members

Is he broken down? He's older and fatter than he was in 2002, but he doesn't seem much worse now physically than he was even in 2003. I don't think a year off would do him that much good, partly because he's old anyway and partly because he's Kane. Every time he gets a career resurrection, it only ever lasts a few months and then he's back to being boring old utility man Kane. Look at his stuff with Undertaker last year that blew people away, but fizzled out and by WrestleMania he was in a minute-long filler eight man tag.

I agreed it may have worked around 2008-ish. They may have even put the mask back on him or something.

The reason WWE gave up on him after the 'Taker feud was because he was rubbish in the main events, one of those reasons is he's getting on and his body is damaged from wear and tear.

• Paid Members
Whats poor Johnny Ace getting the blame for? Its not all his doing.

No, but he is a talentless arselicker who pretty much deserves all the flak he gets

And because he signed him:

117423_t0511_legs_4.jpg

But he was supposed to sign him:

tenaciousz.jpg

Did he sign two one-legged wrestlers then? I never heard that story.

• Paid Members
Did he sign two one-legged wrestlers then? I never heard that story.

One of his first duties as the new head of talent was to hire the one legged wrestler that everyone was raving about (Zach Gowen was working matches in TNA at the time). So he found some bloke with a missing leg and signed him, without doing his research. They had to tell the other bloke to do one. Kevin Nash mentions it at Bound For Glory 2006. He does an impression of Johnny Ace and says "at least I got the right one legged wrestler" when Zach Gowen makes his entrance.

Good points on Kane taking some time off. In a weird way, for me it felt as though he was on hiatus when he had the world title last year. I'm so used to him being a surprise opponent for somebody or just dipping in and out of storylines without any kind of motivation, that when he wasn't in those slots, it really was like he had disappeared. Then he'd been the main event and I'd be pleasantly surprised about the fact before fast forwarding his match. It was a nice time.

To be honest, I'm still gutted they took the tag belts off him and Big Show. Just like I was back in 2006. It's the best thing for both them and the belts.

Archived