WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
I'm wondering if with Sheamus on SD now they'll have Del Rio win the world title for raw and have both the world titles on RAW, and just use either the US or IC belt as the top tier one for smackdown and the other secondary.

Why would they do that?

because fuck christian

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So there are less than 20 faces in the entire company at the moment (I'm excluding Hornswoggle, or 20 including him)? That's surely the lowest since 2000? Makes you wonder whether it is time to end the brand extension based on this. They tend to throw the main guys from Smackdown on RAW quite often anyway.

I get a bad feeling they will throw Mark Henry into the main event picture on Smackdown. Didn't they do that before when he was drafted there? Oh christ.

But yeah, as Pity says, they are definitely heel-heavy at the moment. Time for a few turns if they are to keep the brand split?

• Paid Members
The only good thing that can come out of Henry moving and turning heel is him getting out of that god-awful red attire.

I think he wore black on Raw this week? Hated the red, thought he was an inflated version of MVP with slightly different gear and without the Robbie Fowler tribute nasal strip

The only good thing that can come out of Henry moving and turning heel is him getting out of that god-awful red attire.

I think he wore black on Raw this week? Hated the red, thought he was an inflated version of MVP with slightly different gear and without the Robbie Fowler tribute nasal strip

Yep, should've seen it coming really. Though with his red Raw tshirt on, it pretty much made him look the same anyway.

They'll lose Del Rio, for kick-off. It's pretty obvious they want him on Raw. It's about time Big Show moved Red-wards, too. In return, Smackdown will get a pile of failed mid-carders like Bryan and Dibiase, as you note.

On the plus side, I reckon it's nailed on Sin Cara will head to Smackdown (after Monday's mini-botch they won't want him doing his entrance live every week), Sheamus could do things down there and they might even get Randy Orton.

I've been watching WWE for too long.

I get a bad feeling they will throw Mark Henry into the main event picture on Smackdown. Didn't they do that before when he was drafted there? Oh christ.

Considering the heel turn came at the expense of Christian and Cena, the two babyfaces going for world titles on Sunday, it looks like he's definitely going into the mains. I hate Mark Henry as a heel. I didn't mind him as the jovial fat bloke, but I got fed up of that as well because of how repetitively WWE writes those characters ("hey loudmouth heel, get ready for your match right now... With this man!"). Still, he might be good.

On a positive note, glad to see Mark Henry turn heel. Rated the guy for years and I think he'd done about as much as he could as a babyface and the timing seemed right since he's been a face for about two years now. Not saying he couldn't have gone a bit further as a face - there way a chance they could have pushed him against Orton in 2009 but after they didn't I think he got as much out of it as he could. I expect we'll get to see that feud between them over on SmackDown! during the next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run with the World title at last

I think he wouldn't draw a dime with a run on top.

Just a guess on my part but I have a feeling we might find out. Probably sooner than later.

So currently Legacy are back together on Smackdown? Unless they move Rhodes to RAW.

Perhaps. I could see them using the move as an excuse to turn DiBiase babyface. With Rey now on Raw and Rhodes needing a new feud to move into maybe we'll see the former Priceless teammates against each other.

Yep, should've seen it coming really. Though with his red Raw tshirt on, it pretty much made him look the same anyway.

I think he's actually been alternating between red and black quite a bit lately. Wasn't the first time he's worn black recently anyway.

I'm quite happy with this draft. SD! got raped so badly it'll be impossible not to give time to all the up-and-comers. Randy's not a talk for 20 minutes every show kinda guy, Undertaker's barely around and so pretty much any concoction including Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Christian, Wade Barrett and Sin Cara has me quite excited. Plus the likes of the other Corre members, Alex Riley... I really think SD! could be the show to watch before too long.

I'm particularly pleased that Sin Cara's early efforts have landed him on SD!. If he impresses in those early weeks I have no doubt he'd have been on Raw while Rey stayed on SD!. As it is, I think both brands (and the guy himself) will benefit.

I'm quite happy with this draft. SD! got raped so badly it'll be impossible not to give time to all the up-and-comers. Randy's not a talk for 20 minutes every show kinda guy, Undertaker's barely around and so pretty much any concoction including Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Christian, Wade Barrett and Sin Cara has me quite excited. Plus the likes of the other Corre members, Alex Riley... I really think SD! could be the show to watch before too long.

I'm particularly pleased that Sin Cara's early efforts have landed him on SD!. If he impresses in those early weeks I have no doubt he'd have been on Raw while Rey stayed on SD!. As it is, I think both brands (and the guy himself) will benefit.

McIntyre's on Raw now. I was hoping for some interaction between him and Sheamus, but obviously with him moving it will not be happening. I'm intrigued as to what the plans are for McIntyre on Raw. I can see a fued with Evan Bourne maybe.

McIntyre's gone to Raw.

My fear is that they'll just go back to pulling a name out of the babyface hat, a name out of the heel hat and sticking them in a match with no buildup that goes fifteen minutes longer than anyone's attention span for it. Then four months down the line, people will have lost interest in all the wrestlers and every big match combination will already have been done four times. They've only recently got away from that format and the show's been all the better for it. But the lazy writing team combined with a roster of wrestlers that aren't proven talkers is a bad sign to me.

I really hope I'm proven wrong. Christian, Sheamus, Barrett, Cody and Regal can all hold their end of a speech. Orton isn't always bad, although he's often very bad (see "Sleeping... Unconscious... Sleep" last night) and like you say, he's at his most effective when he's not doing a big talk.

Archived