WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The positives to take from this for SmackDown are that it does potentialy present the chance for some new people to be pushed and for guys like Cody to go even further. The negatives are that there is a lack of name value at the top of the card which really undermines the brand even further.

I've heard a lot of people saying things like 'Miz is nailed on to win at ER', or words to that effect; but, i'm almost certain that Cena is going to win. If only because I think they're going to want to do a promo on Monday where Cena can waggle his new Gold in The Rock's face and say that's what it is all about at Wrestlemania only for Rock to come back with something as clich

They need to do something like that to sell the Bragging Rights PPV as there is nothing really selling it for the last two events.

The draft always freshens up things a bit and I'm pleased with it. RAW's got a star studded roster now and Smackdown's lost a bit but guys like Sheamus, Bryan, Sin Cara, DiBiase and Riley will get much more of a chance there and they now have their own star in Orton.

• Paid Members
I've heard a lot of people saying things like 'Miz is nailed on to win at ER', or words to that effect; but, i'm almost certain that Cena is going to win. If only because I think they're going to want to do a promo on Monday where Cena can waggle his new Gold in The Rock's face and say that's what it is all about at Wrestlemania only for Rock to come back with something as clich

If Money In The Bank were a little closer I'd have it play out so Raw nab both world titles - forcing Teddy Long to name as competitive a MITB bracket as possible, knowing it is Smackdown's only hope of winning back one of the titles.

Then emphasis the pressure the winner is under to 'save' Smackdown, forcing him to invade Raw on a weekly basis in an attempt to fashion a scenario where he can get a clear run at one of the titles without the Raw locker room spilling out to interrupt the match. Randy Orton would be perfect for this kind of role.

Why would Rock want to cost Cena the title, when he would be in line for a shot at it at Mania? Surely Rock wants Cena to be coming in as Champion?

An angle whereby Cena wins the title and tries to hold onto it until Mania would be pretty good though. Might as well build him up as strong as possible before the big match next year. It would be great for the title's credibility. However, I can't imagine that Del Rio won't be Champion within the next six months.

They haven't once in either a storyline sense, or in a 'real' sense, pretended that The Rock is remotely interested about coming back full time so, in reality, the title being on the line would be an unnecessary inconvenience for him.

They could quite easily have him cost Cena the title, then turn up on Raw saying 'its not about titles, not about arbitrary status in the wwe universe...its about man on man, icon on icon, era on era...Cena vs The Rock'

• Paid Members
Why would Rock want to cost Cena the title, when he would be in line for a shot at it at Mania? Surely Rock wants Cena to be coming in as Champion?

Because he just wants to piss Cena off? He doesnt give a monkeys about the title for himself. That was a past life.

For me, the result of the draft makes it nailed on that they are putting the belt on Christian. The WWE title is staying on Raw regardless of who wins at ER, so with ADR being drafted to Raw also, there is no chance of him taking the World title with him.

Really surprised that they would draft ADR before ER, cos it really does pretty much give away the result.

(Cue ADR title win at ER and some kind of trade involving the winner of Miz/Cena to Smackdown!)

Sorry if this or similar has been posted earlier, couldn't be arsed to read the entire thread.

• Paid Members
They haven't once in either a storyline sense, or in a 'real' sense, pretended that The Rock is remotely interested about coming back full time so, in reality, the title being on the line would be an unnecessary inconvenience for him.

They could quite easily have him cost Cena the title, then turn up on Raw saying 'its not about titles, not about arbitrary status in the wwe universe...its about man on man, icon on icon, era on era...Cena vs The Rock'

Because he just wants to piss Cena off? He doesnt give a monkeys about the title for himself. That was a past life.

The idea that The Rock would rather not wrestle Cena for the title, given the choice, is ridiculous. That would be a hell of a way to piss all over the credibility of the Championship. I'm not suggesting Rock would have a run with the title, but from a storyline perspective surely he would want to bow out in style, with one more title to his name.

• Paid Members

That sort of kills off two attractions at the same time. It might already be a one match show, the last thing you want to do is put the title in a match that doesnt need a title to draw. For example, people might not watch Christian vs. Gunnar (just throwing Gunnar's name out there) next year at WrestleMania. But if its for the title it makes the match mean a lot more than it would with just Gunnar vs Christian. Rock vs Cena is enough of a draw without needlessly wasting a title match by putting the belt on the line in the match.

And the Rock got FU'd and embarrassed by Cena on Raw previously. Its a tread for years that a wrestler would rather stop his enemy from having the belt rather than win it himself if it means stopping his foe having an easy life. Anyway the Rock only found out he was wrestling the next night. In the context of the story, The Rock went to WrestleMania to slap Cena about, not to wrestle again.

Archived