WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
That sort of kills off two attractions at the same time. It might already be a one match show, the last thing you want to do is put the title in a match that doesnt need a title to draw. For example, people might not watch Christian vs. Gunnar (just throwing Gunnar's name out there) next year at WrestleMania. But if its for the title it makes the match mean a lot more than it would with just Gunnar vs Christian. Rock vs Cena is enough of a draw without needlessly wasting a title match by putting the belt on the line in the match.

I agree, but given that John Cena has already come out on TV and declared that the match will be for the WWE Championship, it would seem weird if that didn't end up being the case. That's the only reason I think it will end up being the title match, because if it isn't John Cena looks like a douche once again (and no doubt the Rock will rip him for it). That's not how I would build up the biggest match for a generation.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The idea that The Rock would rather not wrestle Cena for the title, given the choice, is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Why would Dwayne, the actor, who hasn't had a match in over seven years to this point and possibly eight by the time he gets in the ring with Cena, give two squirts of a shit about competing for the top title in a profession he left the same seven years ago?

They've made it completely obvious that this feud is deeply personal. Cena disrepected The Rock and (he says) his family. Rock is not a pro wrestler to this point, nor will he be a pro wrestler once the dust settles with John Cena. He only wants to have a match with Cena because it gives him an opportunity to beat him up. It appears to have been the motivating factor in temporarily leaving his world - movies - behind to host 'Mania in the first place. Cena's main objective now in getting in the ring with Rock is to avenge what he perceives to be making it personal - Rock costing him that what matters most in his world, the WWE Championship. Rock cost Cena the title as a personal attack, and I don't see why he wouldn't do it again. If he had any desire whatsoever to have the belt factor into their rivalry, he might not have bothered costing it him in the first place.

The Rock doesn't care about the title, nor does he need to. He only cares about kicking Cena's head in.

• Paid Members

The Rock probably doesn't want to wrestle for the title, in all logic. But you know what? It's a fucking work, and he SHOULD. Wouldn't do anyone any harm to have him talk about wanting to wrestle for the title. Don't get me wrong, Cena should not be going into mania as champion anyway, because of wot ian said, but the rock shouldn't on tv at least, show he doesnt care

• Paid Members
I'm still not buying the idea that The Rock would prefer not to wrestle for the title, given that he's already getting his opportunity to beat up John Cena.

Because costing Cena the title a second time closer to 'Mania 28, when nearly a year had passed since the previous time, would piss Cena off yet more than all the insults, barbs and impersonations put together?

Can you not imagine a promo along the lines of "John Cena, I want no excuses. I don't want you thinking for the next six weeks about defending your title, night in night out, all the WWE superstars you can think of who are gunning for that title, who are gunning for you, I want you only to think for the next six weeks... about The Rock."

Or "John Cena, The Rock knows how pissed off you are that The Rock cost you the WWE title again. In fact The Rock was banking on you being pissed off. The Rock wants you breathing fire, he wants you pissing blood, he wants you to come shooting out that entrance way just like the first time that you yourself John Cena first shot out of Barney The Dinosaur's big purple anus!

The Rock wants you as pissed off as you can be, as BADASS as you can be! The Rock wants the absolute best of John Cena, because John Cena, you are going to get the ABSOLUTE BEST.... of The Rock."

Or something like that.

I'm banking on a Miz-Rock altercation this week. The Miz' 'The most electrifying birthday in all of birthetainment' line was brilliant and a great mock on The Rock who says he's delivering the action but doesn't do it physically. I for one am hoping for Miz vs Rock at Summerslam and I don't think it'd dilute Cena-Rock at all because if Rock came back to face anybody, it was Cena and thats why he made the match on Raw. The Miz match would be a great rub however and provide the fans with great Rock input to boost the show.

The Rock vs John Cena should'nt be for any title, other than being 'The Rock' what has he done to deserve getting a title shot at the biggest event of the year?

Fair enough he challenged Cena to a match not the WWE champion but if say Punk challenged Cena to a match at next mania theres good odds cena would be champ by then and its kinda 'bagsying' or whatever u wanna call it a title match.

And what about the Rumble winner would he be told u have to challenge for the World Title, I know they can set up anything they want but in a wrestling is real kinda thing it wouldnt make sense storyline wise, say Punk wins the rumble and Cena as champ punk would wanna face/take out cena given there history and wouldnt be happy to 'have' to face the World champ if he wanted the WWE champ as he earned the right by winning the Rumble to chose who he faced.

• Paid Members
because John Cena, you are going to get the ABSOLUTE BEST.... of The Rock."

For that last part, had you been watching the WM17 promo?

I think for the most part, the "Idea" is Cena had said, he knows this match is huge......but he wants to make it bigger. Who cares if the rock wants to be the champ or not? Regardless, if the rock won, he would be the WWE champion, which indeed would be huge!

Bar that, personally i can see him just missing out, time and time again, until he jsut goes full on mental around Royal rumble time, turning heel in the process.

Might just be me, but i'm calling it now.

• Paid Members

Regarding next weeks Raw, has it been confirmed that The Rock will actually be there? From the promo I thought it was only a celebration for him (probably lead by Cena) and didnt hear any mention of his appearance.

Also, does the PG TV really allow the words 'pissed off'? I was surprised they didnt cut it out.

Regarding next weeks Raw, has it been confirmed that The Rock will actually be there? From the promo I thought it was only a celebration for him (probably lead by Cena) and didnt hear any mention of his appearance.

Also, does the PG TV really allow the words 'pissed off'? I was surprised they didnt cut it out.

Yes, the Rock will be there. He said himself when he first announced it on twitter.

It would be kinda pointless having a birthday celebration for him if he wasn't there.

They attempted to cut the two 'pissed off' sayings but didn't make a very god job of it.

• Paid Members

They attempted to cut the two 'pissed off' sayings but didn't make a very god job of it.

That's about 8 times that's happened. Far too often to be a mistake.

That's about 8 times that's happened. Far too often to be a mistake.

Is RAW done on a slight delay? Obviously if it's 100% live it would be impossible to filter the words in time.

However I assume their is around a 5/10 second delay like most live shows, but whoever is in charge of the filter button must be an idiot and presses it too late if it's not done on purpose.

Im just wondering what WWE are doing without a secondary title on Raw? Im gunna go ahead and saw at Extreme rules Kofi Vs Wade Barrett and Kofi takes the IC belt to raw? Cos that ppv seems to be missing a few matches.

Im just wondering what WWE are doing without a secondary title on Raw? Im gunna go ahead and saw at Extreme rules Kofi Vs Wade Barrett and Kofi takes the IC belt to raw? Cos that ppv seems to be missing a few matches.

This might count as a spoiler so it's going in spoiler tags...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'd say Kofi vs. Sheamus for the US title is more likely considering how Sheamus brutalised him on Smackdown.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived