WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

Is it just me, or are there more top line heals on raw, thus suggesting a possible long term face reign over the coming year? Cena vs. Miz, ziggler, punk, del rio, swagger, truth and macintyre building up to the wrestle mania clash against the rock could be a decent and interesting year.

Meanwhile smack down looks like it's become a contest of who will sink or swim :s

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I quite like the draft this year. Obviously if Cena to Smackdown had stuck, it would've seriously shaken things up. As it is, I don't think Smackdown has done too badly compared to some years. Orton, Sheamus, Bryan, Sin Cara and Henry are decent additions to the likes of Kane, The Corre and Christian. They could really do with The Undertaker back on a more regular basis though for his star power. It does give Orton the chance to go and be undisputed #1 babyface for a year or so, which might help him.

Raw did OK too but I agree with the points made (by Pitcos I think) about the number of heels. Triple H coming back would help even that out a bit. Smackdown on the other hand is completely lacking top line heels. So at the top it looks like this:

SMACKDOWN FACE

Orton

Christian

Kane

Bryan

Sin Cara

SMACKDOWN HEEL

Sheamus

Henry

Rhodes

Barrett

Jackson

RAW FACE

Cena

Big Show

Mysterio

Morrison

Kofi

RAW HEEL

Miz

Del Rio

Punk

Truth

Ziggler

There are certainly opportunites for someone to make a name for themselves on Smackdown. If Wade Barrett or Sheamus really have it, now is the time to show it.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed R-truths promo this week. Suprised he said the word "Pissed off" considering the Pg thing, but either way i loved the promo video of him/morrision. It made Ttruth look amazing. And as for promo, a bit long, but for some reason he's got a "Slightly mental" thing going on, which seems to work alot.

I also really liked during the morrision beatdown last week, when he was cradling morrison saying "It's gonna be ok..." whilst rocking back and forth. Crazy stuff, but interesting!

Also The draft was ok, suprised smackdown seems to have a lot going on. They also have both midcard titles now dont they? US and IC? As well as the World's and one half of the tag champs!

• Paid Members

I do wonder why people are listing Ted DiBiase as a top heel on Smackdown while totally forgetting about Cody Rhodes who is currently in a feud with an established main eventer. Rhodes will probably be one of Smackdown's top heels and, if not, he's definitely above Ted fucking DiBiase.

JTG to turn heel and team up with R-Truth...?

dey shud gt marc hendry az well 2 creeate a nu natoin of domination

What?

Think he wants 3 vowels and 6 constanants please Carol

I've just started watching WWE again for the first time in years and am kinda new to the draft idea so can someone explain what happens with the titles? Are we guaranteed a Christian win at Extreme Rules since a loss would send both top titles to Raw? As it stands SmackDown have both IC and US titles so what's the scope here?

Sorry my blatant noob display :/

• Paid Members
I've just started watching WWE again for the first time in years and am kinda new to the draft idea so can someone explain what happens with the titles? Are we guaranteed a Christian win at Extreme Rules since a loss would send both top titles to Raw? As it stands SmackDown have both IC and US titles so what's the scope here?

Sorry my blatant noob display :/

A Christian title win looks likely but it's not guarenteed. For a start they don't strictly adhear to the boundaries of the two brands. They might also put the title on Del Rio and have him drop it to someone like Orton shortly after.

There's been a rumour that the IC and US titles might be merged, like the Tag Titles, for a while so that's no beyond the realms of possibility. Again, they might use the flexible brand boundaries to have Sheamus or Barrett drop a belt to a Raw guy.

Aye, there are no particular rules. It looks like Christian's set to win the ladder match, but they might have Alberto win for the sake of the swerve. They can stunt-book something to put the belts in the right places, even if it's uneven after Sunday. A few years ago after the draft, Smackdown had both World titles but Raw's CM Punk cashed in Money in the Bank on Edge to win one.

• Paid Members

The fact the Rock's birthday has people from both shows on it the next day means we can probably throw out any assumptions about christian definitely winning the title.

Archived