TV shows which shouldn't have seen the light of day....

The Miz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ghost Whisperer. My girlfriend loves this and apart from Jennifer Love Hewitt's amazing tits its awful.

Join the club. Had any one other than the delightful Jennifer Love Hewitt played the lead, I would have refused to have watched it with my girlfriend.

Also putting another vote up for Tramadol Nights. I have quite a dark, wicked sense of humour, but most of the time it remains that: humourous. Frankie Boyle doesn't. Any thing more than a one-liner as a panellist on a game show, and he becomes terrible. I thought his stand up was poor, Tramadol Nights took the biscuit and just made me feel sorry for the young folks he dragged in to play in the sketch parts simulating sex with muppets and giving postate hand-jobs to superheroes.

"Hello, would you like to be on TV? OK, just do what it says on this piece of paper..."

• Paid Members

It's been a long time since I've seen it but I liked Bread when I was younger. And Butterflies. Was she involved with Bless This House? I catch that sometimes on whichever Sky channel it's buried on and I quite like that too.

Pretty much anything during ITV's 'celebrity' period about 5 years ago, before they ciphoned it all off to ITV2 and 3. Celebrity Wrestling definitely deserves to be in here - 'hmm, wrestling was quite popular a few years ago - it does have a stigma though, so let's just use only the most embarrassing things about it and combine it with It's a Knockout'. I doubt Piper ever did anything more embarrassing than this when he was coked off his tits in the 80s.

And from the same period, Celebrity Love Island. What would happen if we got a load of people who are only famous for shagging each other like Calum Best, Fran Cosgrave and Abby Titmuss, put them all on an island and filmed them for a few weeks? Erm, fuck all. The whole thing was more like a public information broadcast to warn girls to be wary of Paul Danan.

Love Island actually became something brilliant. I remember when Bombhead from Hollyoaks went mental when some girl turned him down. Thats TV!

what was that sitcom on BBC1 Jasper Carrott died on his arse doing a few years back?

That was THE most PC show ever.

Love Island actually became something brilliant. I remember when Bombhead from Hollyoaks went mental when some girl turned him down. Thats TV!

what was that sitcom on BBC1 Jasper Carrott died on his arse doing a few years back?

That was THE most PC show ever.

Nah, The Bill is.

There's this program on MTV I caught in America last year, now I've noticed it's on over here too. It's called Parental Control, one of those annoying teen MTV "reality" shows, and it's basically about parents who are unhappy with their child's boyfriend or girlfriend, so they choose somebody else for them to go on a blind date with and the kid has to choose between the two. Truly horrible stuff.

Also, that stupid fucking no likely, no lighty thing.

There's this program on MTV I caught in America last year, now I've noticed it's on over here too. It's called Parental Control, one of those annoying teen MTV "reality" shows, and it's basically about parents who are unhappy with their child's boyfriend or girlfriend, so they choose somebody else for them to go on a blind date with and the kid has to choose between the two. Truly horrible stuff.

Nooooo! Take Me Out should be shown every Saturday. None of this Britain's got talent/x factor balls.

Nooooo! Take Me Out should be shown every Saturday. None of this Britain's got talent/x factor balls.

The only good thing that has ever happened on that Take Me Out is

• Paid Members
Sunset beach.

Bollocks! Sunset Beach was great fun, and not just for the totty either (Susan Ward :love: ). Most fun crap soap opera since Prisoner Cell Block H.

My Super Sweet 16. I think Charlie Brooker called it something like 'the best recruitment film Al-Qaeda ever made', and he's not wrong.

Basically a show about some despicable spoiled cunt of a brat getting a lavish party thrown by their idiot parents, getting fawned over by a battalion friends and relatives for the brilliant achievement of turning 16, and being presented with a flash car at the end of it all. Highlights of the ones I've seen included one girl throwing a fit at her mother because she was presented with her new car during the day rather than in front of all her 'friends' at the party, and another throwing a tantrum because the car she got only cost 30 grand rather than 40. The children this show features richly deserve to star in a 'parent swap' programme with the Fritzls.

It could probably be saved with the inclusion of a Come Dine with Me narrator ripping the piss out of everyone and everything in the show, but it's just devoid of irony and any satisfying conclusion, like a terrorist attack on the party or the 16-year old driving off a cliff in their shiny new car. Like other awful Americanised shite like proms, it seems like this crap has spawned a British version. The clip I saw showed some floppy-haired nugget actually 'auditioning' friends at school to see why they deserved an invite to his party. If there's any hope at all for the next generation of British teenagers, he surely got a kicking the next day.

This

Add Cribs to the list which along with Super 16 reinforces my hatred of humanity.

• Paid Members

Yes. Every fan of that is an irredeemable moron, and should be first against the wall.

bollocks, If I had a choice, it would be this over Sing if you fucking Can

I had this to say about Take Me Out from my tv review blog...

Over on ITV Take Me Out (ITV, Saturday 20:35) continues to haunt viewers every week as 30 horned up, layer faced, Clementine tanned harridans all battle it out for the charms of several male contestants who parade themselves around the stage like cattle at the world

Archived