TV shows which shouldn't have seen the light of day....

The Miz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Is this Outnumbered worth a watch, then? I've always avoided it, assuming it was the same kind of thing as My Family.

Its certainly not as lazy and dumbed down as My Family. I think Outnumbered is a decent show. Worth a watch but not brilliant.

The "classic" show that was "Heil Honey! I'm Home!". A comedy sitcom about Adolf Hitler. Yes.

It aired on the BSB Channel in 1990 and, unsurprisingly, only lasted ONE episode. Here is a Wikipedia link about it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heil_Honey_I'm_Home!

First fifteen minutes of the show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbj9otRPdiM

Utterly bizarre.

It was a decent enough parody, and I don't seer why people were so up in arms about it.

Anyone who talks shit about it is only recycling opinions from Richard Blackwood or whoever from some Top 50 Jimmy Carr show, 2 seconds after seeing a clip on a monitor for the first time.

Probably. But after watching the full episode I think I'm qualified to give my opinion, which is that its incredibly unfunny. Worth watching for its strangeness, but thats about it.

Does anyone remember "Hardware" on ITV from about 2003? Truly dreadful show with Martin Freeman, Peter Sefranowicz and Reg Holdsworth from Corrie.

Controversial, but The Mighty Boosh kind of gets on my tits. Quite enjoyed the first series, mainly due to Dixon Bainbridge and Bob Fossil, but Noel Fielding's extremely smackable face makes it hard for me to watch.

After seeing how it became a huge pop culture smash in the states and its recent connections to wrestling, i figured id give Jersey Shore a look on Viva.. Ive seen some god awful reality TV in my days, but this is easily the worst.. i cant find one positive with it at all and sure as hell dont get all the love for Snooki state side.. Truly terrible TV at its worst...

I'd have to say Cleveland Show too. It's title character is by far one of the most unfunny in the Macfarlane catalogue, losing sight of what makes Stewie funny, they bastardise it with (i've forgotten the kids name). Let's make the baby have tourrettes, and put another talking animal in there. He is such a one trick pony it's unreal, and only accomplishes in diluting the already waning lasting power of Family Guy and American Dad. The latter having a truly detestable character (not in a good way) in Roger, it doesn't need this tosh dragging it down further.

I truly think the Cleveland Show is Seth Macfarlane's way of sticking two fingers up to the very people who dared to cancel Family Guy. It is ego gratification at its utter worst. The best TV Seth Macfarlane has been involved in over the last few years was FlashForward, and that's cos he basically had fuck all to say for his duration.

Other notable mentions I can think of ; anything with David Walliams in, anything with James Corden in (Teachers aside, wasn't his show after all), My Family, Two Pints.... Yadda yadda

I guarantee i'll remember more soon.

• Moderators
I'd have to say Cleveland Show too. It's title character is by far one of the most unfunny in the Macfarlane catalogue, losing sight of what makes Stewie funny, they bastardise it with (i've forgotten the kids name). Let's make the baby have tourrettes, and put another talking animal in there. He is such a one trick pony it's unreal, and only accomplishes in diluting the already waning lasting power of Family Guy and American Dad. The latter having a truly detestable character (not in a good way) in Roger, it doesn't need this tosh dragging it down further.

I truly think the Cleveland Show is Seth Macfarlane's way of sticking two fingers up to the very people who dared to cancel Family Guy. It is ego gratification at its utter worst. The best TV Seth Macfarlane has been involved in over the last few years was FlashForward, and that's cos he basically had fuck all to say for his duration.

And even more fucking disgusting is that The Cleveland Show is somewhat responsible for the cancellation of King of the Hill which pisses over all over animated sitcoms by a great height. Seth MacFarlane is a fucking tube.

• Paid Members
Also i have never seen the point of/enjoyed "Harry Hills TV Burp" it seems to have this odd mind-numbing effect

People who say things like that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Ugh, it's such awful dross. A terrible, terrible programme from a terrible, terrible comedian. Outside of this forum, I don't know anyone who likes it. A complete abortion.

• Paid Members

And even more fucking disgusting is that The Cleveland Show is somewhat responsible for the cancellation of King of the Hill which pisses over all over animated sitcoms by a great height. Seth MacFarlane is a fucking tube.

The fact that the Cleveland Show, American Dad, and Family Guy seem to be on 9 times a night, while we'll never see a new King Of The Hill again is one of the biggest crimes in tv history.

Also i have never seen the point of/enjoyed "Harry Hills TV Burp" it seems to have this odd mind-numbing effect

People who say things like that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Ugh, it's such awful dross. A terrible, terrible programme from a terrible, terrible comedian. Outside of this forum, I don't know anyone who likes it. A complete abortion.

And for a nice change of pace, I'll agree with everything the Zinger says here, never seen the appeal in Harry Hill. Awful in every single thing he's been involved in.

Archived