The Best Beatle?

WWFChilli

Who was the Best Beatle?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Has to be George for me. Comes off as the least cuntish of all of them. Paul McCartney is a fucking prick of the highest order. John seems alright in small doses.

Rolling Stones > The Beatles

This is how I feel in terms of preference. I have a lot more Stones records than Beatles records. Although musically I think the Beatles are superior. The Stones have basically stuck to the same sound their whole career and the Beatles really changed a lot and explored a lot more areas.

• Moderators

As an entire body of work, I'd take the Stones. But Beatles from Rubber Soul onward were superior in my eyes. If I was pushed into a decision, I'd probably go The Beatles. However, after Micky Dolenz, George Harrison was best. I don't think he wrote a weak song during The Beatles.

Ringo Starr, for the sheer fact he's the voice of Thomas The Tank Engine.

This.

He will forever be synonymous with my childhood memories.

It was never the same when that Michael Angelis guy took over.

• Paid Members

Don't like the Beatles at all. Can appreciate their place in music history, but really hate this "unassailable" status people so readily accord them, when, to my tastes, they strike me as distinctly average - I just don't see the appeal at all. Being first at something doesn't make you the best. What I hate even more is when people automatically assume that, should you express a distaste for them, you can't possibly have arrived at a considered opinion, and that it's a result of ignorance of music history, because there's no possible way anyone informed could ever consider them less than stellar. Condescending bullshit is what it is.

martyngnr - what did Lennon do? I've never heard any stories like that about him before.

• Paid Members
Don't like the Beatles at all. Can appreciate their place in music history, but really hate this "unassailable" status people so readily accord them, when, to my tastes, they strike me as distinctly average - I just don't see the appeal at all. Being first at something doesn't make you the best. What I hate even more is when people automatically assume that, should you express a distaste for them, you can't possibly have arrived at a considered opinion, and that it's a result of ignorance of music history, because there's no possible way anyone informed could ever consider them less than stellar. Condescending bullshit is what it is.

martyngnr - what did Lennon do? I've never heard any stories like that about him before.

anyway, who was your favorite beatle?

• Paid Members

anyway, who was your favorite beatle?

Probably George Harrison. Seemed the least up himself, a relatively easygoing and down-to-earth guy (even with all that trancey spirituality). Lennon I liked because he at least tried to make a difference, but he kind of marred it when he and Ono seemed to be more self-promoting than actually promoting the causes they were supposedly championing. Ringo's inoffensive, and likable because of Thomas the Tank Engine. McCartney's an abject, irritating cunt who can go peg himself with his ex's prosthesis.

• Paid Members
Not a fan, but in terms of solo stuff Lennon was vastly superior to McCartney. 'Working Class Hero' alone is better than anything post Beatles Paul did. Plus I kinda like he was a wanker.

Live and Let Die?

The answer is George. The 'cool' one.

• Moderators

Carbomb/Mr Seven....do you find yourself in agreement with my sentiments on them though? Even if their music does nothing for you I think there is something to be said for the direction they went in during that time period.

Archived