The Best Beatle?

WWFChilli

Who was the Best Beatle?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
actually since I started this thread might as well add my thoughts.

Paul is a very good songwriter (minus some bad mistakes here and there), seen as a bit of a prick (can anyone tell me why?)

I think the 'prick' bit is for a couple of reasons - none of which I agree with, but I'm not a particular fan of McCartney either. Firstly, the tension between Lennon and McCartney, so a fair number of Lennon fans don't like McCartney. Also, Linda McCartney wound a lot of people up because of the vegetarian preachiness (which I say as a vegetarian), and follow this up with Heather, and I think he's been tarred badly by his choice in wives.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think his whole pettiness over the Lennon/McCartney, McCartney/Lennon situation didn't portray him in a particularly good light.

Yeah this is pretty much the main reason. The famous quote of him saying "It's a drag" was used by the papers to show that he's a heartless cunt when John Lennon died (fairly harsh of the papers).

The other two reasons are he refuses to grow old gracefully and a chunk of his solo material being really lazy and shite.

• Paid Members

i'd like to hear more on the John Lennon being horrible stuff? i aint a Beatles fan or anything and what i basically know about Lennon is what ive heard through popular media...im intrigued.

• Paid Members
Would it be fair to say Ringo's appearance on The Simpsons was the best though?

Bit unfair given that Lennon would have had to rise from the grave to top it.

That bit where Ringo says "Hello! What's this? A letter from Springfield, USA?" couldn't have sounded more Tank Engine if he'd tried.

Thomas was a massive wuss. Gordon was definitely banging Annie behind his back. Clarabel too, I'd imagine.

• Paid Members

Might be wrong, but didnt george fund a bit of "The Life of Brian", and subsequently end up getting a brief ,(and only a possible audio), cameo in the movie?

I believe he was also involved in "The Life of Brian" Record that also came out. Also because I'm a beatles fan, (although i found the movies they did suprisingly funny), George gets my vote for helping out with one of the better comedy movies of all time.

Archived