The Best Beatle?

WWFChilli

Who was the Best Beatle?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Right, love them or hate them The Beatles are largely regarded as one of the most influential artists in modern music. But which Beatle stood above the rest as the better Beatle?

This thread can include opinions on not just the Beatles music but also there solo ventures (I'll even include mentions of 'Wings') are included for debate as who was better.

I'm not actually the biggest fan of the Beatles myself, though they have produced some stunning work and I guess this is a bit of a pub debate question so lets see what you got.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Always used to be George, but after watching the anthology for the first time recently I'd say Paul. Never realised just how much of the creative direction and hard work came from him, especially when John and George started getting into the whole hippie thing, and his passion and just sheer love of rock 'n roll music and the way he retells stories (my favourites being of the times in the Hamburg scene) is endearing and infectious. And also because Blackbird is fucking incredible.

• Paid Members

Paul by a fucking mile.

Anyone who uses the "Frog Chorus" chorus excuse to deny Macca's greatness should go and listen to some of Lennons hideous, pussy-whipped solo shite.

In terms of his legacy being murdered was the best thing that could have happened to Lennon. For someone who spoke of peace he was a pretty horrible cunt, but that's been overlooked in favour of talk about being a great Dad and "Lost weekends".

I don't like John very much.

• Paid Members

I voted for George, but Ringo saw some harrowing things in his time.

"Paul got arrested, spent two and a half years in prison - and he never wrote a sexy song ever again."

Archived