The Best Beatle?

WWFChilli

Who was the Best Beatle?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
re: neil: I'd never deny the influence that The Beatles had. To do so would be ignorant. However I do believe that they were a case of right time, right place. In many ways they're the original boyband. If they hadn't have taken off in the fashion that they did, some other band would have. I'll fully admit to never quite "getting" them. I don't like the music. Outside of Come Together I don't think I like a single song of theirs. And yeah, without fucking question I'm on Team Rolling Stones.

I say this quite a bit amongst my friends and get shot to shit for saying so. because I dont understand! I dont give a flying fuck to be honest. Most overated band of all time IMHO.. Yes they have been influentual, doesnt mean that they are fucking brilliant like many claim though

Yes, Im agreeing with Carbomb and Sev

so when Macca kicks the bucket you won't start the RIP thread then?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

actually since I started this thread might as well add my thoughts.

Paul is a very good songwriter (minus some bad mistakes here and there), seen as a bit of a prick (can anyone tell me why?) and to this day is still going good and very good live performer. John was by all accounts a bit if a nasty lad at times, but as with Paul a great songwriter though I thought his peace and love stuff was bollocks (the love in and all that bollocks, Yoko stuff to me) alot of his solo stuff to me isn't really that whack either thought we didn't get much of it to know really. Ringo did some solo albums but I'm not actually sure if there any good or anyone here has heard them. Still he did Thomas the Tank Engine which makes him hard to knock. George to me is the Best Beatle, seemed to most laid back and pleasant of the group plus he created Willburys, had his production company that made Life of Brian and a by far the best Beatles solo career on quality IMO, so George gets the nod from me on this.

• Paid Members

How was he a great heel? He may have been an arse, but he had a big following of fans and supporters.

Yngwie Malmsteen's a great heel. Undeniably talented, but a cocky twat, and few would be upset should he ever reach a bit too far into a blender.

How was he a great heel? He may have been an arse, but he had a big following of fans and supporters.

Yngwie Malmsteen's a great heel. Undeniably talented, but a cocky twat, and few would be upset should he ever reach a bit too far into a blender.

In the later years he was over but in the early days he was not so popular with the establishment, was regarded as a bad influence on the youngsters with comments made on tv chat shows etc, even though most were tongue in cheek. Also got half America burning beatles records and pics, with his bigger than Jesus comments, which was typically taken out of context by the yanks. I am not bad mouthing the guy he was my hero growing up and is in fact still in my top ten of all time favourite people and definately the best Beatle by a country mile imo.

Surely that makes him an anti-hero rather than a heel? The Steve Austin of rock 'n' roll?

yea very true he was to us, but he was a heel to the establishment which was enough for us guys in the 60s, so anti-hero to us but still a heel to the rest of the world will do :D

• Paid Members
Surely that makes him an anti-hero rather than a heel? The Steve Austin of rock 'n' roll?

yea very true he was to us, but he was a heel to the establishment which was enough for us guys in the 60s, so anti-hero to us but still a heel to the rest of the world will do :D

Like Bret Hart in 97 perchance? A hero to almost everywhere except the USA? The answer to this question is George Harisson, All Things Must pass is easily the best solo album of any beatle, at least 10 good to great songs on there.

Archived