Christopher Daniels...

rocky64

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Does anyone actually think that a skinny man such as daniels would have any realistic chance of beating abyss in a real fight? Obviously this is fake aand it is possible but i think he kills any credibility because of his size.

I was never really into Daniels but on the size thing I don't think it matters if it's done right. I mean I could say 'would a skinny little fucker like Shawn Michaels have any realistic chance of beating Nash/Taker/Sid/Vader etc in a real fight?'

Now obviously Michaels was the master of the big man/little man matches and a much better worker than Daniels but still, the size issue isn't really an issue if it's done correctly. It can be pulled off perfectly with the right guys.

I don't think in 2011 many people are sitting there thinking it's 100% real and then see Daniels vs Abyss and the penny drops. Even the little kids who might think it's real won't give a fuck. I didn't as an 8 year old watching Bret Hart vs Yokozuna in 93. I really thought Bret would've battered him if not for bastard Fuji and the dreaded salt of doom.

I think Flair said it best when he said "Who was that pissant? I'm a wrestling gopd, I don't even know who he is. AJ Styles best friend? He weighed 140lbs"

Well considering Daniels weighs more than 140lbs, he didn't really say it best did he.

• Paid Members
I think Flair said it best when he said "Who was that pissant? I'm a wrestling gopd, I don't even know who he is. AJ Styles best friend? He weighed 140lbs"

Well considering Daniels weighs more than 140lbs, he didn't really say it best did he.

Flair was being patronising towards him. He wasnt treating Daniels like a serious threat to him. So he did say it best for me. If he'd have put Daniels over like he was Bruiser Brody's harder brother, that wouldnt have been saying it best. Daniels is 40 now. I think its time he stopped with the eyeliner. You cant take anyone seriously looking like that.

Flair was being patronising towards him. He wasnt treating Daniels like a serious threat to him. So he did say it best for me. If he'd have put Daniels over like he was Bruiser Brody's harder brother, that wouldnt have been saying it best. Daniels is 40 now. I think its time he stopped with the eyeliner. You cant take anyone seriously looking like that.

Honestly, I completely agree with you about the eyeliner. I've been thinking that for years about both him and Undertaker.

I didn't have a problem with Flair patronising him either. He's obviously smaller than the average main eventer so it would be stupid for the heel to not point that out. I'm being very defensive just because I've always been a fan of the bloke, surely you'll appreciate that. He's no AJ Styles or Robert Roode who, in my opinion, are the best of the TNA Originals, but I've always enjoyed his matches so fuck it.

• Paid Members
Of course a match where all you see are finishing spots and no sell (or unrealistic sell) is a something a in the dictionary of a spot monkey, but honestly I haven't seen that from the top matches I watched from Daniels (especially the "he doesn't sell at all" bit).

Hmmmmm. We clearly have eyeballs made from different substances.

I'm half of a mind to dig out a Daniels match, take it to pieces, post the annotation and ask you to address each one, but I don't care enough about the guy to do that, nor do I particularly want to see any of his matches again.

Who's talking about him as a person? Your talking like I'm some sort of a mark of Daniels or something, I'm not. For all I care he can be a fucking cunt, the thing is, I never had the pleasure of watching him having a match I didn't enjoy in way or another and that is it.

You just come across as a little defensive of him, and I thought it might be because the OP seemed to be a bit personal about it - thought you might be lumping me in with him. If that's not the case, then I apologise.

• Moderators

Chris Daniels' style is the same style of a match you'll have between two CAWs on Smackdown vs Raw on the PS2. Big MOOVES from the get go, with minimal selling and no reason. When he does that in match 2-3 of a PPV card the crowd are burnt out.

It's not working, it's getting your shit in with no rhyme or reason.

• Paid Members
By the way, just seen you recommended the Taker-Hunter match yet you can't stand spot monkeys - care to tell me what the hell these two old twats did in the ring just 2 nights ago?

That was pure drama, building on big moves that the fans recognise. Undertaker does a big move the fans go "He's got him, he's got him, he's got him!!!! OH! FUCK, HE KICKED OUT!". Daniels does a big move, 30 people chant "this is awesome" while the holiday makers say "fucking hell is Ric Flair still wrestling?". Taker and HHH are over, their moves are over, the fans believe in them. The difference is so obvious. How can you not see the difference between Christopher Daniels landing on his head 30 times in the first 2 minutes and not selling and the match between Undertaker and Triple H. Hilariously Triple H and Christopher Daniels are about the same age. You cant no sell baldness and a lack of success in a big company. Triple H only seems old because he's been on top for so long. Daniels seems like an up-and-comer still because he's never impessed in a dark match or developmental territory for WWF/WWE.

By the way, just seen you recommended the Taker-Hunter match yet you can't stand spot monkeys - care to tell me what the hell these two old twats did in the ring just 2 nights ago?

That was pure drama, building on big moves that the fans recognise. They are over, their moves are over, the fans believe in them. The difference is so obvious. How can you not see the difference between Christopher Daniels landing on his head 30 times in the first 2 minutes and not selling and the match between Undertaker and Triple H. Hilariously Triple H and Christopher Daniels are about the same age.

You know what, haven't seen a real match of Daniels since a PWG dvd I've seen back in the day, I'll give it a spin and who knows maybe my memory failed me on this one. But on the Taker-Hunter match, your just a blind fool who makes a slow and unrealistic spotfest into a classic wrestling bout when you didn't really get any wrestling in that match, just a whole lot of meaningless finishing spots.

Archived