Christopher Daniels...

rocky64

• Paid Members
For some reason I actually seen a match of Daniels as Curry Man today and all I can say is that he worked well in that match. He knew how to pump the crowd before and during the match, didn't take the piss and made his moves look legit and meaningful and overall looked like he cares for what he is doing inside that squared circle.

That isnt Christopher Daniels working the crowd. Its a gimmick doing funny dances and moonwalks. Santino Marella is a better worker in that case. Curry Man is a comedy character.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason I actually seen a match of Daniels as Curry Man today and all I can say is that he worked well in that match. He knew how to pump the crowd before and during the match, didn't take the piss and made his moves look legit and meaningful and overall looked like he cares for what he is doing inside that squared circle.

That isnt Christopher Daniels working the crowd. Its a gimmick doing funny dances and moonwalks. Santino Marella is a better worker in that case. Curry Man is a comedy character.

I call bullshit on that one, there's houndreds of wrestlers with funny gimmicks (even tough with the matches Curry Man had it wasn't all just about a silly funny gimmick) as he had that don't do nothing for the crowd - why? Because the wrestler dosn't know how to fucking work the crowd.

• Paid Members

I call bullshit on that one, there's houndreds of wrestlers with funny gimmicks (even tough with the matches Curry Man had it wasn't all just about a silly funny gimmick) as he had that don't do nothing for the crowd - why? Because the wrestler dosn't know how to fucking work the crowd.

Santino does, so does that make him a "great wrestler" as well? Buff Bagwell was a funny guy who pumped the crowd as well. Was he a great wrestler? Its all well and good making a Doncaster audience who turned up to see some Indy wrestlers dance about throw babies in the air. I'd like to see him work an audience in a town where they wouldnt walk two miles to see Jesus on a unicycle.

Santino does, so does that make him a "great wrestler" as well? Buff Bagwell was a funny guy who pumped the crowd as well. Was he a great wrestler?

Did you even read what I wrote? :confused:

• Paid Members
Did you even read what I wrote? :confused:

Yes I did, but you obviously havent read anything of what I wrote. You said he's a great wrestler, then gave an example of him working a shit comedy gimmick in front of a bunch of plank fans who either get in for free or who know he's Christopher Daniels and react in an ironic manner. He doesnt work the crowd without a shit mask on his face. He does spots and doesnt sell and falls off high places. Its as far from a "great wrestler" as I am to my Cat that we buried at my old house.

• Paid Members

Decent hand, works well with some opponents, mid card act and nothing more (stuff with Jarrett and Sting proves that).

Liked his team with AJ in 2006 the lost interest in him after that.

Gotta say, not a personal attack but the original poster should watch what he says with the "cancer sufferer" references. Jeesh.

I think Daniels is the embodiment of ROH. Great Technical and High flying ability and a great athlete, and to the fans of the product a hero, but not liked by those from the mainstream.

I am part of the former, and some people should learn you can't turn the later (I learned it the hard way lol)

Even then referring to him as a cancer victim and implying that he ruins the product all on his own (when it seems Rob Terry, Gunner, Murphy and Orlando Jordon can't do together) is taking it a bit far. Obviously The OP doesn't know anyone whos had cancer since he can joke about it.

• Paid Members
How is a man with a height of 180cm and a weight of 105kg can be called an ant?

By the same people who have been drooling over Mistico

To go back to a slightly earlier point, I think Santino is a fantastic wrestler. He clearly knows what he's doing in the ring, is genuinely funny and everything he does works towards that. The mark of that was that I popped when it looked like he was going to win the Rumble, as did the crowd. Great wrestler, much better than Daniels.

• Paid Members
How is a man with a height of 180cm and a weight of 105kg can be called an ant?

By the same people who have been drooling over Mistico

Archived