Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Why does it even need a name, did Gladiators need to be called Gladiators Inferno or something? The UFC has a show called UFC on Versus, why can't it just be called Spike TV's Impact Wrestling?

Because TripleA was trying to be funny, that's why.

Pots and Kettles anyone.

On a serious note, whilst it does seem to be the kind of basic error TNA could make. I doubt they would call it Impact Wrestling :Impact or some shit like that.

And maybe I am reading it wrong but isn't the Show getting called Impact Wrestling rather than the company?

Maybe my intent should have been clearer

Well go on, make it clearer now then.

Calling out Triple A for "trying" to be funny. FFS

But I didn't do that. And I wasn't trying to be funny, I was making a serious point.

What the fuck are you talking about?!

Your avatar pegs you as part of a group that eternally is trying to be funny, and whilst you may not have done so on that individual post you have done it before .

Also How is it a serious point, you were saying someone was making a joke, when he made it clear he wasn't.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why does it even need a name, did Gladiators need to be called Gladiators Inferno or something? The UFC has a show called UFC on Versus, why can't it just be called Spike TV's Impact Wrestling?

Because TripleA was trying to be funny, that's why.

Pots and Kettles anyone.

On a serious note, whilst it does seem to be the kind of basic error TNA could make. I doubt they would call it Impact Wrestling :Impact or some shit like that.

And maybe I am reading it wrong but isn't the Show getting called Impact Wrestling rather than the company?

Maybe my intent should have been clearer

Well go on, make it clearer now then.

Calling out Triple A for "trying" to be funny. FFS

But I didn't do that. And I wasn't trying to be funny, I was making a serious point.

What the fuck are you talking about?!

Your avatar pegs you as part of a group that eternally is trying to be funny, and whilst you may not have done so on that individual post you have done it before .

Also How is it a serious point, you were saying someone was making a joke, when he made it clear he wasn't.

My avatar? What the fuck has Mellisa Clarke got to do with this? Are you on the fucking skag this afternoon?

Also, I did NOT say anyone was making a joke. WHERE did I say that? I want a fucking link.

EDIT - Oh, hang on. You've gone back and edited your original post. Why? Because you got the wrong person. Why? Because you're obviously a tit.

The programme will still have Impact in the fucking name so it won't lose any brand recognition at all.

Pots and Kettles anyone.

What about them?

You genuinely can't be that stupid,

Pots and kettles anyone?

You're a mong, you know you're a mong, you went back and edited your post to try and look like less of a mong, and you got caught.

• Paid Members
Can't someone just start an AJ vs. pCc thread? It's better than shitting up all these threads.

I'll apologise for all my posts but I had to get to the bottom of what this pillock was talking about first.

Can I just say here that I quite like TNA and enjoy watching it on a fairly regular basis?

Thank you.

Now, back to the mongicide...

OK, I'm totally confused, haven't watched any TNA since Victory Road, and only had a look in this thread for something to do. So is "Impact Wrestling" the new name of the show, or the company, or what? Is "TNA" gone, and will the PPVs be "Impact Wrestling: Final Resolution" for example? I'm completely lost.

OK, I'm totally confused, haven't watched any TNA since Victory Road, and only had a look in this thread for something to do. So is "Impact Wrestling" the new name of the show, or the company, or what? Is "TNA" gone, and will the PPVs be "Impact Wrestling: Final Resolution" for example? I'm completely lost.

Looks like the company and TV show will both be called Impact Wrestling. As others have said, it's sounds like somebody's creation on EWR, but I think it's a nice change from the standard 3 letter companies.

• Paid Members

Hogan's twitter:

No TNA. only IMPACT. HH

I imagine the official announcement will come when it airs. This should have happened when they dumped the six sided ring and went to Mondays. They should have changed the whole company around.

More new belts then :)

• Paid Members
This is the first time I've been excited by an iMPACT! show in months. When is the IMPACT WRESTLING episode getting shown? Two weeks?

USA May 12th

Challenge May 17th

Excellent.

Does anybody know how long Mick Foley has left on his TNA contract? I thought he was done.

The rebranding makes sense to me. In the grand scheme of things, TNA is not an established brand and it was always going to struggle to evade the "tits and ass" connotations in its previous guise. Now it can progress from that. Also, the timing - with WWE itself rebranding as purely an entertainment company - is perfect. The company can push itself as the wrestling show. If only they'd stick more wrestling on it now...

Moreover, the 'TNA' moniker itself was the programme name originally, wasn't it? Rather than the name of the promotion.

Archived