First Tough Enough contestant announced

Snitsky's back acne

Saw this on pwinsider.com.....

'The USA Network issued a press release today announcing that Miss USA Rima Fakih will be competing in Tough Enough. Fakih is actually a lifelong WWE fan and this a great hook to get media attention for the return of the WWE reality series'

Have to second the statement that this should bag the WWE quite a bit of media attention.

No word yet on any other contestants but taping has already started.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Austin Aries hinted at possibly leaving the business with the following tweet: "Apparently not big, young, or tough enough. While it's been amazing, the AA chapter of my life may be coming to an end very soon."

Aries was one of the names considered for WWE's Tough Enough, but ultimately they passed on him.

(Credit: PWInsider)

Maybe he should have auditioned as Austin Starr. He was great. Kevin Nash's prayer where he thanked the lord for "the way he says "hi". The way he reminds you of a young Rick Rude. The way his buttocks make that indentation in his tights" was spot on.

Also this lot didn't make it either: Joey Ryan, Brittney Savage, JD Maverick and Mercedes Martinez. Anyone seen them? Any good?

Austin Aries hinted at possibly leaving the business with the following tweet: "Apparently not big, young, or tough enough. While it's been amazing, the AA chapter of my life may be coming to an end very soon."

Aries was one of the names considered for WWE's Tough Enough, but ultimately they passed on him.

Maybe he should have auditioned as Austin Starr. He was great. Kevin Nash's prayer where he thanked the lord for "the way he says "hi". The way he reminds you of a young Rick Rude. The way his buttocks make that indentation in his tights" was spot on.

Also this lot didn't make it either: Joey Ryan, Brittney Savage, JD Maverick and Mercedes Martinez. Anyone seen them? Any good?

I can't tell you about the guys, but Martinez is awesome. She was originally going to sign with WWE back in 2006 - they offered her a contract, but Martinez said no as she had to have shoulder surgery that put her out for 18 months. She wasn't going to apply for Tough Enough but WWE called her and asked why she hadn't gone for it - at which point she applied. Then they turned her down - I think it's down to her look, as she has many tattoos and because she would be essentially overqualified for a show such as Tough Enough.

Brittney Savage is OK, but neither she nor Martinez have that look that Johnny Ace and Kevin Dunn think all men think is attractive.

• Paid Members

Joey Ryan's some PWG guy who I seem to remember being crap from what I saw of him. Mercedes Martinez is pretty much like Cheerleader Melissa except not fit. No idea about the others.

Austin Starr was clearly the best run of Aries' career. He showed all the personality and charisma that he's never either been allowed or wanted to show from what I saw of him in ROH.

I liked him in TNA but he was clearly an arrogant twat and I seem to remember that's what got him shitcanned. I wonder if he did the same thing at the Tough Enough auditions?

It's being reported that long-time independent wrestler Matt "M-Dogg" Cross is a part of the new WWE Tough Enough cast. As noted yesterday, sources say that California wrestler "Big Nasty" Jason Watts is also on the cast and Miss USA Rima Fakih is confirmed as a contestant. The four trainers on the show will be Steve Austin, Booker T, Trish Stratus and Bill DeMott.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived