When was the last time you cried?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably when my dog died three years ago. I feel no shame about that as it's a perfectly acceptable thing for a man to cry over, but what's less acceptable was my apparently uncontrollable tendency to start welling up in the following days whenever an emotive, vaguely death-related song came on the radio. Including, to my eternal shame, 'Carry you Home' by James Blunt...

• Paid Members

I nearly felt myself go a shade the other day talking about my dad's funeral. Imagine that.

The last time tears actually flowed, without word of a lie, is a few weeks back when I got my foreskin caught in my zip.

Last Wednesday when one of my few remaining single friends announced she was getting engaged and another announced she was pregnant. I decided I was going to be single, lonely and childless forever - I would like to point out that I rarely cry, but everyone's allowed to indulge themselves from time to time right? Im going to blame my period, simply because I can

• Paid Members

I had a few moments of my eyes welling up last week. It seemed a clever idea to go on a Brian Manelli DVD marathon, and I got all upset over fact that the great times I had while working with him is something that will not and can not happen again.

• Paid Members
In honesty I had a little cry last night. Now and then i have a little worry about my wifes health and it sets me off. Im almost a fucking emo. :p

I'm sure it's hard and all squire, but I'm sure your missus wouldn't want you crying. You gotsta be the rock...the oak for the lady, sir. You have to be Clint Eastwood.

And in saying that, I hope she gets better soon sir.

Last time I cried was watching Terminator 2 last week with my son. He's nearly 10 and made of sterner stuff than me, lemme tell ya. As soon as Arnie says "I know now why you cry..." the lump hits my throat and me eyes start to well up, and my kid, Jake, is sitting there emotionless...not even a squint...even when Brad Fiedel's score reaches it's crescendo, he's sat there like he was watching the 10 O'Clock News. Same thing with ET.

We have two golden lab puppies so I'm sure if I stuck Marley & Me on it might break him..

• Paid Members
In honesty I had a little cry last night. Now and then i have a little worry about my wifes health and it sets me off. Im almost a fucking emo. :p

I'm sure it's hard and all squire, but I'm sure your missus wouldn't want you crying. You gotsta be the rock...the oak for the lady, sir. You have to be Clint Eastwood.

And in saying that, I hope she gets better soon sir.

Cheers fella. But she wont ever get better, only worse. But either way, I dont ever let *that* show around her, ever. Like you say, I gotta be the rock.

2 months ago, When my Dad sat me down and told me his cancer is terminal, The Drugs are not working. Started at his Prostate, now its in his Hip, Ribs and thigh. :(

That's terrible mate. :/

My father passed away last November from melanoma cancer.

To be honest I get emotional all the time. Losing my mother at 7 was tough enough. But my father pratically raised me and my 2 sisters up while working a full-time job as a building surveyor and ALWAYS put us first before anything or anyone and even himself.

I can't ever repay him for what he did for us. :(

• Paid Members

It was over a girl, two years ago. :(

Before that, it was when my Grandfather died in 2001.

Thankfully, had no real reason to since then.

2 months ago, When my Dad sat me down and told me his cancer is terminal, The Drugs are not working. Started at his Prostate, now its in his Hip, Ribs and thigh. :(

I'm sorry to hear about that.

I can't ever repay him for what he did for us. :(

That's the thing with parents, you don't have to repay them anyway. Nobody asks to be born, we're all only here because our dads shot a load into our mommies. We're obligated to the loads we shoot. We are obligated to our descendants, not our ancestors.

I don't remember the last time I really cried. I can think of a few times I've welled up, my buttons are easily pushed to that point. Dad's funeral, hearing a lad I used to work with had died, seeing a WWE build-up video with emotive music, etc etc. But Last time I remember bawling was when I split up with my girlfriend, in like December 2005. Cried myself to sleep that night like a little div. We were back together the next week. I must have cried since then, probably over a girl or not getting enough pocket money.

Edit: I cried in January 2009 in a nightclub, hammered. Case of mistaken identity, it was. I convinced myself this random bloke was a mate of mine who was pretending not to know me. Turned into a big fight in the end. He didn't even have the same accent as the kid I thought it was, my mate who was there told me the next day.

Archived