When was the last time you cried?

IANdrewDiceClay

In honesty I had a little cry last night. Now and then i have a little worry about my wifes health and it sets me off. Im almost a fucking emo. :p

I'm with you on that. I try my hardest not to let it show but when she's at her worst it breaks my heart. She's a good person and doesn't deserve it. If I could, I would take the pain from her and carry it with me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I heard me best mate had died of cancer from his sister about 2 years ago. We knew he had come home and was in his final hours even went to his for a final drink and chat, still didnt make it any less sad. Was meant to be meeting the next day for another drink and a chat however trite that may seem.

:(

• Paid Members

Watching my wedding DVD for the first time just after Christmas, not that I'm a big softy or anything, it was because my best mate was dancing with my sister in it and he died less than 3 months later, seeing him so full of life and happy just hit me and I had a wee greet.

• Paid Members
In honesty I had a little cry last night. Now and then i have a little worry about my wifes health and it sets me off. Im almost a fucking emo. :p

I'm with you on that. I try my hardest not to let it show but when she's at her worst it breaks my heart. She's a good person and doesn't deserve it. If I could, I would take the pain from her and carry it with me.

I 100% agree with you on that. I'd far rather be the one ill. Mind if I ask what your wifes illness/condition is?

• Paid Members

Watching DIY SOS a couple of weeks ago. Was a woman who's son collapsed during a rugby match one day and has spent the last year in hospital, barely alive. As a parent, the thought of just turning up one day at school to find your child almost dead just kills me. That and the tone of the show, which shows some of the best of human kindness just got to me.

About five minutes ago. Was reading a thread elsewhere about emotional moments in cartoons and stupidly followed links to both Homer sitting on his car watching the stars after his mother leaves for the second time in The Simpsons and Fry's reaction to finding out the truth about his brother and nephew in Futurama.

:(

• Paid Members

Whenever I have too much to drink, for some reason I always stick Aladdin on. The bit at the end when Genie is finally set free always gets me. Other than crying at the television like a big girl, my last actual reason was about two and a half years ago. Talking to my Grandad on his deathbed, knowing it would be the last time I'd see him while he talked to me through strained breaths about living life to it's fullest and what have you. That was pretty tough.

• Paid Members

I could've cried earlier. I heard someone yelling, so I turned round to see a woman sprinting across the road, stopping cars in the process. She dashed infront of me and into an alley, but as she did so, a jewellery case dropped from her bag. I picked it up and went to call out to her but she was gone. I had a peak inside the box and saw two dangly earrings, then I noticed the

10th January of this year, it was a Monday morning when my dad pulled up outside the house after texting at 8.50am to say he would arrive at 9 to pick my Mom up to go to the shops, sure enough he arrives right on 9 and pulls up the car right outside the house as usual.

My Mom goes outside and she finds him slumped over the wheel completely unresponsive, She went right outside so there was no wait, whatever happened must have been instant and literally just as he pulled up.

She quickly called the ambulance and to their credit they arrived in a matter of minutes but it was too late and he was gone.

Lots of the neighbours saw this going on so it

I'll try to keep my contribution here in the "God I'm lame, I cry at this" category, rather than the tales of genuine woe on here for which crying goes without saying.

There's an episode of the X Files (yes, really) that gets me blubbing every time I see it. It's the one that's loosely based on the film Mask and has the monster being accepted by his community at the end. Proper heartwarming stuff. Not like the Futurama episode where Fry'd dog dies, which also reduces me to a mess of a man.

More so than any of this though, the 1958 film Tom Thumb gets me, and I don't know why. Maybe because it reminds me of a far simpler time.

So yeah, I'm lame.

• Paid Members
2 months ago, When my Dad sat me down and told me his cancer is terminal, The Drugs are not working. Started at his Prostate, now its in his Hip, Ribs and thigh. :(

That's horrendous pal. I lost me ma to cancer caused by asbestos poisoning when I was 20...gave her 6 months and she fought it for 3 years, so just make that man know you love him to bits...jays, I'm welling up now at me desk in work. You swine, Kueller...you broke me!

Just read Matty's one...that's fucking dreadful! For anyone here who's going through that shite, I'm very sorry to hear that, really am.

Archived