UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

yeh Davies said it was Anderson's way of saying to Belfort that he was two faced...i hadn't heard that interview with Belfort where he mentioned the 'Silva is just wearing a mask' thing...that's the likeliest explanation.

This fight has slowly built into a bit of a monster, at the beginning i just wanted to see it because it was two highly skilled strikers going at it, but the build up has been slow and steady until it boiled over last night at the weigh-in's, brilliant stuff.

• Paid Members

It seems to be building into a feud. Davies was going on about how Belfort left team Blackhouse to set up his own camp. This was apparently what pissed The Spider off, aswell as the mask comment.

When Rogan interviewed Belfort after the face -off. Belfort kept saying that Silva was a "good guy, but he plays games with people".

Davies also mentioned that Silva was a rock for Belfort when his sister went missing.

All very pro-wrestling. Yet strangely real.

If they hug and make up after Silva drops Belfort. I'll be annoyed.

I thought Silva was unhappy because Belfort accepted the fight against him, when he considered them friends?

Yeah, I think on the Countdown show it said he was annoyed because Beflort actively sought and asked for the fight despite their friendship. Maybe after all the kidnapping stuff, assuming Anderson was "a rock" as someone said, Anderson thought they had a Koscheck/Fitch no fighting love affair going on.

I can't see anything but Anderson Silva destroying Belfort. Belfort for me is going to struggle I feel having to cut to MW at this stage in his career.

The mighty Anderson faces another 'former' steroid user tonight and I hope he topples him so we all get GSP - Silva.

Tactically I see Anderson perhaps switching to traditional stance and chopping down Belforts lead leg.

This could either be a fight 0f the year classic between Belfort and Silva or a complete debacle at the level of Silva vs Maia, Dana had a very good point the other day

The way Silva was acting at the weigh in reeks of the sort of behaviour he projected in the Maia fight, now Belfort is no Maia he wont let Silva clown that much without getting clobbered but still a snorefest/staring contest is still a possibility

My pick and safe money is with Silva but the closer this fight gets the more I can see Belfort pounding him out early like he did against Franklin, Sonnen caught Silva earlier so Belfort can and as good as Sonnen is boxing these days he doesn have the speed and power of Belfort

There are so many possible outcomes its a very intriging fight, the card is the biggest commercially since Brock vs Cain and one of the most stacked in MMA history

I cant wait

Archived