UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

Oh yeah it still might be worth putting a few quid on Bader if the odds are decent. He's still a dangerous opponent and he's got the kind of power where if he lands he can put anyone out and Jones' chin hasn't really been tested yet.

I'll deffo be picking Jones on MMAPlayground but I might have a little flutter on some of the underdogs on this card. Can't see Bader or Belfort winning but I am slightly tempted to stick a bet on just incase.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just read that Belfort hired Mike Dolce 3-4 months ago to help him cut weight, feel alot better about Belforts chances - should be less prone to gassing.

Also feel better about him making weight, as alot of people had wondered if he was capable of getting back down to 185 for the fight.

Yeah I think that's a good move for Belfort, at least a step in the right direction. Dolce seems to really know his shit when it comes to diets/weight cutting etc and it seems to have done Thiago Alves the world of good.

• Paid Members

This is what we're getting on ESPN for UFC 126 this week for anyone interested

Fri 4th Feb

--10pm- MMA Live (Usual weekly episode)

--10.45pm- Countdown to UFC 126

--11.45pm- MMA Live at UFC 126 (Weigh In Special)

Sat 5th/Sun 6th Feb

--12.30am- UFC All Access

--1am- MMA Live at UFC 126 (Pre show build up)

--2am- UFC 126 Prelims live

Chad Mendes vs Michihiro Omigawa

Donald Cerrone vs Paul Kelly

--3am- UFC 126 live

Miguel Torres vs Antonio Banuelos

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader

Jake Ellenberger vs Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin

Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort (MW Title)

Fuck me I can't wait for this. It's like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid :)

This is what we're getting on ESPN for UFC 126 this week for anyone interested

Fri 4th Feb

--10pm- MMA Live (Usual weekly episode)

--10.45pm- Countdown to UFC 126

--11.45pm- MMA Live at UFC 126 (Weigh In Special)

Sat 5th/Sun 6th Feb

--12.30am- UFC All Access

--1am- MMA Live at UFC 126 (Pre show build up)

--2am- UFC 126 Prelims live

Chad Mendes vs Michihiro Omigawa

Donald Cerrone vs Paul Kelly

--3am- UFC 126 live

Miguel Torres vs Antonio Banuelos

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader

Jake Ellenberger vs Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin

Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort (MW Title)

Fuck me I can't wait for this. It's like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid :)

1am Monday morning is the MMA Live post-fight show also.

• Paid Members

quick word of warning...if you plan on watching the MMA Live show at 1am, you're likely to have the KID Yamamto fight spoiled because it'll happen in the background behind the panel. I won't be watching.

quick word of warning...if you plan on watching the MMA Live show at 1am, you're likely to have the KID Yamamto fight spoiled because it'll happen in the background behind the panel. I won't be watching.

Good shout. I may just have it on, and try and avoid looking at the background, or maybe just listen to it as i do sumamt else, coz they never give the results away and you can't hear Bruce Buffer, or at least i never have

• Paid Members

Good shout. I may just have it on, and try and avoid looking at the background, or maybe just listen to it as i do sumamt else, coz they never give the results away and you can't hear Bruce Buffer, or at least i never have

Shit never even thought of that. Think I'll give it a miss just incase. In the past I remember being able to clearly make out Cyrille Diabate KO'ing Luiz Cane and hearing Buffer announce winners in other fights. I'd be gutted to have KID's UFC debut ruined.

I'm picking KID vs Johnson as FOTN. It's bullshit they're not showing it but I can see a few fights ending quick so maybe we'll get it anyway. I'm thinking Mighty Mouse will be too fast for KID and take a decision win but I'm rooting for an old school KID KO. Tough debut for Yamamoto.

• Paid Members

i dont understand the logic of showing the prelims behind the panel...i'll be honest that it looks pretty cool, but surely ESPN knows that MMA fans take a lot aof interest in the undercard...it aint so much like boxing where they do pre-fight build up boxing ringside where there's a fight no one cares about going on right behind them...it's a stupid idea, and it means that i won't be tuning in for it. I would otherwise.

Were getting the Kid Yamamoto fight live via Facebook;

One significant bout from a previously untelevised UFC 126 preliminary card will stream for free on Facebook.

UFC officials today announced via its 4.5 million-member-strong Facebook account that recent UFC signee Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (18-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and post-merger WEC import Demetrious Johnson (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will fight on the stream.

The bantamweight bout begins at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) on Saturday.

Did anyone watch the Facebook stream the last time? What was the quality like?

One significant bout from a previously untelevised UFC 126 preliminary card will stream for free on Facebook.

UFC officials today announced via its 4.5 million-member-strong Facebook account that recent UFC signee Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (18-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and post-merger WEC import Demetrious Johnson (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will fight on the stream.

Great news!

I did, it was great. Had no problem whatsoever, heard afew people complaining about the quality but the general consensus was that those people had a poor internet connection. So you should be alright, takes a minute to get to the picture sharp though.

• Paid Members

BOOM!

That's 12am here yes?

Archived