UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort Discussion Thread

David

I'll just add my predictions (did these originally back on 12th January on another board I occasionally frequent Predictions).

* Anderson Silva TKO Round 2

* Rich Franklin Decision

* Jake Ellenberger Decision

* Ryan Bader Decision

* Miguel Angel Torres Sub Round 2

* Chad Mendes Decision

* Demetrious Johnson Decision

I have felt for a while it will be a bad night for the two Japanese fighters. Mendes will bore a decision over Omigawa, and I feel Johnson will outwork KID for all three rounds. Against the grain I feel Bader will decision, and the Kelly/Cerrone wasn't mentioned in the prediction thread I took part in. Pretty big fight for both Cerrone and the Lightweight guys who moved over from the WEC. Kelly is probably not even Top 15 in the UFC Lightweight rankings, whilst Cerrone was always top of the pile in WEC (along with Varner and Henderson). Should give us a bit of an indicator where the WEC guys fit into things. I fancy Cerrone to take this, but it will be tough and a good little scrap that should see both of them stand and bang.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Bones Jones seemed a little too confident, as well. Not that I think Bader's going to beat him, it just felt like Jones was setting himself up for a fall the way he was talking as if victory was a certainty. There's no doubt he's amazing, but he seems to be developing a cocky attitude to go with it.

Both the Jones/Bader and Silva/Belfort stare downs at the press conference were ace. Seriously stoked for this card.

ive been feeling a little bit of over-confidence coming from Jones' recently, i dunno whether its to do with the mental stuff that Greg Jackson pumps into him, or hes believing his own hype but he definately seems to be changing...not for the worse though.

Guess we'll have to see if he can back it up :)

• Paid Members

I'm going with

Anderson Silva KO/TKO R3

Rich Franklin Decision

Jake Ellenberger Decision

Jon Jones KO/TKO R1

Miguel Torres Submission R3

Donald Cerrone Submission R2

Chad Mendes Decision

Demetrious Johnson Decision

Fuckin chuffed about the KID/Johnson fight being streamed too :thumbsup:

According to Dana, KID's manager send him an email the other day which pretty much said:

"To say you the time on Sunday morning, I think you should put KID Yamamoto's name on the KO of the Night & Fight of the Night bonuses right now"

:laugh: Clear sign of what KID is planning to do!

Johnson will be a tough test for him though.

My predictions for this one are:

Anderson Silva KO R1

Rich Franklin Decision

Jake Ellenberger Decision

Jon Jones TKO R1

Miguel Torres Submission R2

Donald Cerrone Submission R2

Chad Mendes Decision

Demetrious Johnson Decision

I can't wait :)

• Paid Members

Forrest Griffin Talks to Ariel Helwani at the 126 Press Conference

Cool little 5 min video.

I love how he says that he wouldn't even rank himself. I doubt you'd get too many guys saying that. Also glad that he thinks Skins is shit too. :)

Archived