Possible Royal Rumble Spoiler

Smeg_&_The_Heads

Personally IMO the WWE title lost any heritage it certainly had was lost the moment that the belt itself started spinning!! If Lawler was to get a 3-4 week run from the Rumble then it can't do the company a HUGE amount of damage.

Lawler has, been by many peoples admission on here one of the highlights of Raw in the last 2-3 weeks and if anything i'm sure he can teach Miz some good ring lessons.

I remember a time (not too long ago) on this forum and others where people couldn't stand Miz's work to the point of being more disliked than Cena.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But then they're not suggesting that Lawler be the face of the company. Not that this isn't anything more than dirtsheet bollocks because its obviously not going to happen, but even if it did happen its obvious the WWE wouldn't make him beat the Miz cleanly, or have him hold the belt for ages or even be the main man. And to be honest, giving Jerry Lawler the title after say a face interferes on his behalf and then let him hold it until the very next night on RAW where a heel soundly beats the crap out of him wouldn't be the end of the world. The title's not gonna lose that much stock out of it. And actually, I reckon they could use it to put the Miz over even more. His loss isn't clean and then you can either let him be the heel who destroys Lawler or have a pissed off Miz challenge Lawler to a match at WrestleMania, leading to Lawler getting in a few trademark moves before The Miz ultimately beats him, tease the handshake or have Lawler stand around waving to the fans and then Miz beats the crap out of him some more.

Obviously you'd have to really built it up right, show highlights of Lawler's career, says its his last chance at the big one, all that stuff that works so wonderfully in wrestling. Hell, they gave Vince the belt they may as well let Lawler have a 24 hour run with it. Besides, if Lawler did win the belt and it did diminish the title's stock (which I think is bollocks but there you are) WrestleMania is right around the corner, the title won't be the selling point of that show anyway but it will be involved in a big match so the stock value would go right back up.

Like I say, I don't think its going to happen, as far as I'm concerned its the most obvious bullshit ever, but I don't think that if it were to happen (by some miracle) that it'd be that awful. They've done a lot worse and probably will do in the future and really I think it'd be a bit of fun and wrestling always needs that.

And yes, I fully expect to be ridiculed for this as I realise I'm definately in the minority but there you are. :)

• Paid Members

I'd mark like a beast. Pity it won't happen. It's good to see them seemingly doing something with King now though, he's a cracking hand when called upon, it's just a shame WWE seemed to completely forget that until now. Around the time of the "Jericho vs legends" feud a couple of years ago I was hoping it was going to lead to a Lawler vs Jericho match at WM. Let's hope he gets a match this year!.

But then they're not suggesting that Lawler be the face of the company. Not that this isn't anything more than dirtsheet bollocks because its obviously not going to happen, but even if it did happen its obvious the WWE wouldn't make him beat the Miz cleanly, or have him hold the belt for ages or even be the main man. And to be honest, giving Jerry Lawler the title after say a face interferes on his behalf and then let him hold it until the very next night on RAW where a heel soundly beats the crap out of him wouldn't be the end of the world. The title's not gonna lose that much stock out of it. And actually, I reckon they could use it to put the Miz over even more. His loss isn't clean and then you can either let him be the heel who destroys Lawler

I wouldn't really mind it if Lawler won the title at Rumble and then Miz absolutely annihilated him the next night, so the title would have to be vacated. Elimination Chamber match to crown a new champion, and Miz can beat six of the top names to regain it (or Punk could win it and go on to face Cena at WM, and Miz could face Lawler at WM in a grudge match).

Hold on just a fucking second ere. Are people actually saying that Jerry Lawler (a fucking hall of famer) winning the belt would be a disgrace to the title? Cause if there are then they should have a word with themselves. Jerry Lawler could walk out and win every belt in the fucking company with finger pokes of doom and I'd still be alright with it. It's Jerry Lawler for fuck sake NOT David Arquette.

I'd mark like a beast.

Same here and if played right Lawler winning the Title could be an amazing feel good moment.

Miz wouldn't even have to drop the Title clean and he could win it back the following Raw or the one after that and honestly lets not forget its the same Title that was held by Vince McMahon for fucks sake (who didn't even have the decency to drop the Title and just vacated it instead) so Lawler getting a short reign would be far from the worst thing that could happen.

• Paid Members
Hold on just a fucking second ere. Are people actually saying that Jerry Lawler (a fucking hall of famer) winning the belt would be a disgrace to the title? Cause if there are then they should have a word with themselves.

Some of us still like suspension of disbelief (a/k/a pretending its real) and Lawler is a podgy 60 something year old who wrestles 3 or 4 matches a year. "Disgrace" isnt the word I'd use, but I'd consider it stupid and not believable.

• Paid Members
Hold on just a fucking second ere. Are people actually saying that Jerry Lawler (a fucking hall of famer) winning the belt would be a disgrace to the title? Cause if there are then they should have a word with themselves. Jerry Lawler could walk out and win every belt in the fucking company with finger pokes of doom and I'd still be alright with it. It's Jerry Lawler for fuck sake NOT David Arquette.

It wouldn't be so much a disgrace if Lawler got the title, but more a disgrace that it would be done at the expense of The Miz. Miz is on a serious roll right now and putting the title on Lawler in 2011 in the run up to Wrestlemania just doesn't make any sense to me at all, business or even kayfabe wise him winning it is suspending one's disbelief perhaps a little too far. Ric Flair I could've stretched to during his last WWE run, as at least he was an active competitor. Lawler is a part timer. Again, I'll say he's been brilliant and I loved the TLC match in which he was superb, but I just think putting the title on him is completely counter productive with all the Wrestlemania build up on the way.

• Paid Members

They really, really need to do some Rocky style Jerry Lawler training montages for the next few weeks leading up to the Rumble.

Then we'd all believe he can do it, I really think that would make all the difference. Instead of being a guy who gets up from behind the announcers' desk to have an impromptu match every now and then he'd look like he was really taking it seriously and going to give it one last big shot.

• Paid Members
I could buy into Lawler winning the Title more then Flair who at times looks like he could drop dead at any moment.

...which is why Flair hasnt been a World Champion in ten years.

• Paid Members
I could buy into Lawler winning the Title more then Flair who at times looks like he could drop dead at any moment.

...which is why Flair hasnt been a World Champion in ten years.

Didn't stop people on here keep begging for "one last run".

- Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com is reporting that as of this week that a Fatal 4 Way is planned for the WWE Title match at Royal Rumble with The Miz defending his title vs Jerry Lawler, Randy Orton and John Morrison. Morrison vs Miz in a singles match was originally scheduled for Rumble but those plans were changed and that match will now take place on this Monday

I say give it a shot, remember when Hogan came back and won the title from HHH, the guy could barely move but it still got over.

The angle they have been doing is that King has the experience factor over Miz, obviously King wouldnt be able to beat a young guy like Miz in a straight match but add to the mix a stipulation or an inexperienced E-Ri to fuck things up it could be conceivable for Jerry to win the belt.

It could even lead to a Miz & E-Ri feud, but i agree put the belt back on miz at chamber.

I say give it a shot, remember when Hogan came back and won the title from HHH, the guy could barely move but it still got over.

He could do that now and still get over, he's Hulk Hogan, one of the biggest stars in wrestling history. Lawler is no Hulk Hogan I'm afraid.

Archived