Bill and Ted III on its way!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
BILL and Ted's Excellent reunion has been confirmed by KEANU REEVES' co-star.

ALEX WINTER, who played Bill S. Preston in the original movies, has expanded on the third instalment, a few days after The Matrix star admitted it was on the cards.

He told MTV: "The cat's out of the bag, and the truth is that, yeah, we have finally hit upon an idea that we think is pretty great."

And the plot won't involve any dude-like offspring.

Alex added: "We don't want to make a cynical 'Here's Bill and Ted - you guys are our kids, now YOU guys go be Bill and Ted and the franchise can live for another 25 years!'

"It's not that. It's a straight up, what's the funniest and most surprising take on where Bill and Ted would be right now if we stopped back in on them? That's what we're doing."

The two stars, both in their mid-forties, don't want to leave it too long to recreate the characters made famous in 1989's Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure and the 1991 sequel Bogus Journey.

He added: "We would love to not be doing this when we're 60, I'll leave it at that."

Sounds like a bodacious movie is on the way.

The Sun

Well thats caught me off guard. Never did I think we'd see another Bill and Ted film. Am all for it, if not for the strange nature of being them at such an advanced age. What does the UKFF think?

• Paid Members

It's the only role that Keanu Reeves has ever been much use in, so I'm all for it, loved the first two films. To be fair, most of my love of the first one is based around Jane Wiedlin playing Joan Of Arc, but still.

• Paid Members

"The two stars, both in their mid-forties, don't want to leave it too long to recreate the characters made famous in 1989's Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure and the 1991 sequel Bogus Journey."

Yeah, 20 years between number 2 and 3, no point leaving it too long is there?

Seriously, how long would have been too long if 20 years isn't?

• Paid Members

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is my joint favourite film of all time (with the first Terminator-Booyah!)

I heard about this earlier, they've actually been talking about it on and off for years, I'm glad it looks like it's finally going ahead. It will never be able to compare to the first one but I'll be glad to see the characters I love back, I hope they pull out a really awesome epic story for it and I want tit to be a huge hit, would be a shame for it to fizzle away after all this time.

Totally pumped for it!

Still waiting for Back to the Future 4, please.

If Michael J Fox agrees to it, then Doc Brown better get auto pilot installed in the DeLorean, stat.

It'll either have to be an animated film, or all shot on handheld cameras, unfortunately, nowadays. Or set during an earthquake.

Still waiting for Back to the Future 4, please.

If Michael J Fox agrees to it, then Doc Brown better get auto pilot installed in the DeLorean, stat.

It'll either have to be an animated film, or all shot on handheld cameras, unfortunately, nowadays. Or set during an earthquake.

Telltale games who are known for point and click adventure games are making one based on BTTF, Loyd is doing his voice but no Fox.

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

Not strictly on topic but it seemed like a good place to discuss it. I was having a butchers round the IMDB and stumbled into possibly the greatest discovery since Bill and Ted 3 was speculated. There was a 7 episode and unaired pilot for a Bill and Ted live action TV series that ran in 1992 after the cartoon was cancelled.

Bill and Ted.org

Follow the above link to the episodes section and each of the series are linked to Youtube to watch the whole episodes. This is just bizarre I had no idea it existed.

Archived