The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

Sweet cab, Scratch, very impressive stuff. My bro built a full size one a few years back and keeps tinkering with it, light gun support, working coin op, and so on, temptations always there to do more with it :). Brilliant stuff

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone here used an old Nintendo DS or DS Lite as an emulator for playing retro games? I've read a little about this but nearly everything goes over my head because I'm not very techy. Would be interested if I could breathe new life into the one I've got in my drawer by playing some SNES roms.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's the flash cart business that I need smartening up about. Sounds like hassle, think I'll leave it.

Forgive me if I'm asking totally obvious questions, but how easy is it to find and run an emulator through my laptop to play old console games? I'm talking 16-bit era, so nothing too powerful. I assume you can find cheap USB controllers and such?

Emulating on a PC is pretty simple, get yourself ZSNES and Kega Fusion and you'll be sorted. Now for USB controllers you'll probably want to get a Buffalo Classic if you're only using it for 16bit and earlier games, they're pretty amazing for under a tenner on Amazon.

• Paid Members

Emulating on a PC is pretty simple, get yourself ZSNES and Kega Fusion and you'll be sorted. Now for USB controllers you'll probably want to get a Buffalo Classic if you're only using it for 16bit and earlier games, they're pretty amazing for under a tenner on Amazon.

Nice one. And then you just download ROMs from Emuparadise or somewhere like that?