The moment you thought about quitting wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

JOHN CENA as Champion - I know it has been mentioned before but he IS the guy that has turned me off WWE at least. I have not watched almost any WWE since Cena was a full time main eventer and the stuff I do have (DVDs) I tend to skip his matches half way through. The stuff with Michaels - fine I can live with that. Umaga - decent matches. He has had some decent/good matches however there is far too much immature bullshit for my tastes and as a result I never watch anything with Cena in it. As someone said before, Cena's inability or unwillingness to actually use psychology effectively makes it SO hard to suspend disbelief and has me practically SCREAMING at the tv when he does his Cena Superman recovery for the pin. Not only that his whole persona is SO fake. I mean the whole smiling "hey kids" thing is just SO old and is blatently forced. If they guy weren't so blatently hamming it up all the time I might be able to tolerate him. I would DIE for him to turn heel. We wouldnt have to tolerate the no selling either because that's very much a "face comeback" that he does so poorly. I would love him to do a Hogan and turn on the kids. It would make me watch just to see how it went. But they won't because it's people like me who they don't care about. It's not about being "cool" to hate Cena. I hate him because he is shit. Nothing redeeming in any way (in my OPINION). The only matches I have enjoyed are with people who are better than him and one with Batista.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Cena makes me switch off, but only because of his staleness and his character. He clearly can put on great matches and put a lot of passion into his work (although I still think his promos are ropey), and I reckon I'd enjoy him a lot more if they either re-packaged him a bit or turned him heel - I loved his heel rapper work, I thought he was the bomb, even knowing how lame white rappers are. He made it look "old skool", with the throwback jerseys and the retro 80s feel. As he is now, I just want to see him change something, anything up. A friend of mine pointed out what one of the problems is, why people hate his Superman performances so much, and I agree with it: his comebacks just come out of nowhere, and with too much momentum straight off. There's no "Hulking up", there's no out-of-the-blue counter followed by selling and drawing the crowd's cheers, he just counters, hits his shoulder blocks and his Proto-plex and then goes straight into the 5KS before the home stretch. For me, Cena just needs tweaking to be supremely watchable again. Like that brief period for a few weeks, where he went back to being edgy for a while in his promos - he went back to cool and bad-ass, and it drew my interest in for a short while.

He doesn't make me quit watching altogether, though. As long as Orton's around, waiting to give him an RKO out of nowhere and generally look infinitely cooler, I'm OK wid it.

• Paid Members

If I had a photo of by broken VHS I'd post that. When I couldn't record the wrestling due to it being fucked and I didn't really mind it did make me wonder if I should give new stuff a miss and stick to the back catalog I've accumulated.

I didn't mind, as the PPV's are still amazing and I get them taped by a mate.

mcmahons-million-dollar-mania-image12.jpg

Usually, I love Vince McMahon, but I hated this Million Dollar Mania crap. It screamed of desperation in trying to increase ratings, McMahon seemed uncomfortable doing it, and then we had the whole set collapsing which was never resolved. My least favourite Raw episode ever.

Edited by DeanoTheGame

• Paid Members
mcmahons-million-dollar-mania-image12.jpg

Usually, I love Vince McMahon, but I hated this Million Dollar Mania crap. It screamed of desperation in trying to increase ratings, McMahon seemed uncomfortable doing it, and then we had the whole set collapsing which was never resolved.

I really hated that. The only thing I liked about it was how McMahon made the cash sound like food you could eat. Otherwise, it just felt like he was bribing people to watch.

• Paid Members
Many but heres a few..

melaniepillman.jpg

That still disgusts me. The WWF at an all time low there.

Stick a widow of a guy who died THE NIGHT BEFORE in front of a camera just so you can spike a rating because you're getting humped by Nitro every week. Disgusting.

Edited by bAzTNM#1