The moment you thought about quitting wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

has there been any mention of that cunt David Arquette winning the world title yet. If not you all need shooting with shit.

the Sloppy stuff too.

Wasn't his fault. He didn't even want it.

Hold on a second..he didnt want it. You saying the multi millionaire actor had absolutely no creative control at all and was FORCED to take the belt?

Oh ok then.

Thing is, he doesnt know the business very well. The explenation Russo gives in interviews is strong enough to convince someone ignorant to the business that a famous actor winning the belt would be a good idea. They asked him to win the belt and he'd probably have thought it would promote WCW's shite film and raise awareness of a dying brand so he'd be doing both them and him a favour. He was there to help WCW's film, so for me the blame goes 100% on WCW's creative teams head. He gave up his Slamboree main event payday and his whole WCW earners to the families of various dead wrestlers, so that was cool of him.

And if they asked me, and I was a shit actor, I'd have took the belt. I'd have wanted Goldberg to put me over though.

I think in regards to that you have to separate Arquette the person and the actual act of putting the belt on him.

Even without the donating money stuff you can't blame Arquette for taking the belt. He shouldn't have been offered it in the first place.

It was like Heskey at the World Cup. Do you get mad at Heskey for being dog shit or do you get mad at the guy picking him in his first 11 even though he is clearly playing like dog shit? It really wasn't Heskeys fault he was out of his depth.

Heskeys not going to turn down playing at the World Cup and a lifelong wrestling fan isn't going to turn down being World Champion if the head writer of the company is telling him it's a great idea.

The fact he seems a nice bloke and donated all the money to dead wrestlers familys just makes it even harder to put any blame on him.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
I'm no huge fan either (he's been really good most of this year but the prospect of him vs Orton again has made me hate both of them a bit), just commenting on the "I'm too old and male to like him!" superiority complex. Although I feel like I'm too old and wise to just go along with what Fin Martin and Wade Keller spout, so I'm just as guilty of being condescending.

Only women and kids like Cena/Hornswoggle/WWE etc, only virgins and losers like cruiserweights/Shimmer/indies etc.

Fair enough. Your harsh words have upset me, though, so I'll cheer myself up by watching Cena get massacred by the fappers at One Night Stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJhHDoarORU

Now THAT'S why I fucking love wrestling.

Great moment for sure...but massacred? Cena had that crowd in the palm of his hand with the whole T-Shirt deal. And he walked right into the crowd mid-match to brawl. Not that the ECW fans would've dared do anything to him anyway.

Fair enough. Your harsh words have upset me, though, so I'll cheer myself up by watching Cena get massacred by the fappers at One Night Stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJhHDoarORU

Now THAT'S why I fucking love wrestling.

This is one of my favorite moments of wrestling to see some more passionate fans give there views and other stuff to Cena.

Someone should start a thread on moment that made you LOVE wrestling.

• Paid Members
wrestlemania-20-victory.jpg

Definitely mine- Benoit winning the title that is, not killing his family.

After Mania 20, with Benoit & Guerrero embracing with their world title, I realised for me WWE could probably not get any better than that moment. So I stopped watching it after that point. I still watch it now & then, but not religiously like I did.

What could be better than a guy who murdered his family and a drug addict winning the world titles. Jesus.

er, in case you hadn't realised, that happened after Wrestlemania 20.

It'd be impossible to think 'well this is a great moment, but not that great because this guy might turn out to be a murderer in 3 years time' at every decent moment in wrestling.

10.jpg

This with piano wire a couple of days after 7/7

Yeah because two wrestlers are totally relevent to 7/7.

Some pretty important people thought otherwise, and Hassan was subsequently removed from Smackdown and his character written off at the Great American Bash PPV. Relevance-wise I just was not comfortable seeing this in the PPV highlight package a few days after 7/7, they could have easilly edited it off but chose not to, and that's what pissed me off.

Hassan was fantastic and it was a terrible over-reaction to his character, especially when everyone goes on about how wrestling is fake.

No he wasn't, irrespective of the gimmick he was just another boring vanilla OVW guy, name one good match he had. With the jingoistic gimmick he was someone I was just not interested in watching.

10.jpg

This with piano wire a couple of days after 7/7

Yeah because two wrestlers are totally relevent to 7/7.

Some pretty important people thought otherwise, and Hassan was subsequently removed from Smackdown and his character written off at the Great American Bash PPV. Relevance-wise I just was not comfortable seeing this in the PPV highlight package a few days after 7/7, they could have easilly edited it off but chose not to, and that's what pissed me off.

Hassan was fantastic and it was a terrible over-reaction to his character, especially when everyone goes on about how wrestling is fake.

No he wasn't, irrespective of the gimmick he was just another boring vanilla OVW guy, name one good match he had. With the jingoistic gimmick he was someone I was just not interested in watching.

When has Vince put one thought into his global audience. The product keeps getting more 'american', sponsers, celebs, in-jokes.. all based on american culture. No clue why the global market has been down....

I guess its just panic mode, Vinces sees wrestling in a decline and goes to the easiest market, childeren and american-Americans.

Disgraceful, Hassan was brilliant. It doesn't matter if he had any 'decent' matches or not - when Santino was at his funniest and you wanted to see what he would come out with each week you knew you were never going to get a decent match, same with plenty of other people. It's all about character and he was different, he was a step up from the typical anti-American character, he was relevant for the time and he and Davari had perfectly fine arguments to make. And I always love JR almost exploding at the mere thought of the guy. With the reaction he was getting outside WWE it's disappointing they didn't give him a World title shot before they ditched him.

Ill be honest ive never been offended whilst watching wrestling apart from the Hassan angle when I saw it

It was just a little too close to home after the 7/7 bombings, if it would have happened any other week I wouldnt have had a problem it was just very poor timing, I did actually like Hassan though and as someone above me pointed out he was actually in the right in some of his argumnets which is rare for a heel, the debate with JR comes to mind when JR comeback was the tired old elitist cliche "America love it or leave it" im sure international viewers thought Hassan was the biggest babyface of all time

Hassan was fucking incredible. Mark Copani must have been shitting his keks every time he went out, because some of the reactions he got were insane.

Was way too short-lived for my liking and I think it's a bit unfortunate things transpired the way they did. Am I right in saying that the episode of SD! with "terrorists" who attacked Undertaker with the piano wire was taped on the Tuesday before 7/7 and it was just rotten luck it happened like that?

Hassan was fucking incredible. Mark Copani must have been shitting his keks every time he went out, because some of the reactions he got were insane.

Was way too short-lived for my liking and I think it's a bit unfortunate things transpired the way they did. Am I right in saying that the episode of SD! with "terrorists" who attacked Undertaker with the piano wire was taped on the Tuesday before 7/7 and it was just rotten luck it happened like that?

Wasn't rotten luck as such - the show was taped before the incident but because they didn't bother editing it out of the UK version they got into a lot of shit from people that matter. That's how I remember it anyway.

Am I right in saying that the episode of SD! with "terrorists" who attacked Undertaker with the piano wire was taped on the Tuesday before 7/7 and it was just rotten luck it happened like that?

It was rotten luck that they'd filmed that angle and then a real terrorist event happened, but it was nothing but shit judgement that got them in trouble. They could have either edited or pulled the episode, they chose not to.