The moment you thought about quitting wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
439x.jpg

Before the Nexus angle, I said to myself 'fuck watching this shit.'

Good shout. I remember watching that episode and thinking the same thing. It was massively cringeworthy.

Bizarrely, Raw has actually been really good since then and the A-Team even turned out to be a decent film too.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0.jpg

Not the clearest image of The Yeti there, but the whole Hulk Hogan versus Wrestling that seemed to be going on in WCW at the time, was summed up by this disaster of a character. Having started to watch the complete set of WCW Nitro, I deserve to be punished for putting myself again through the nonsense that was Hogan burying 90% of the roster during 1995 up until the nWo greatness.

jbl.jpg

I was incensed at the time, especially with Eddie being an all-time fave of mine. But actually I grew to like him as a character in the end. Some of his matches were utter shit though.

Good honesty there, I think a lot of people (myself included) wouldn't care to admit how much they hated this decision at the time. By Christmas, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Eddie and I was wishing JBL's title run all the way to Mania. He was absolutely phenomenal by the end.

jbl.jpg

I was incensed at the time, especially with Eddie being an all-time fave of mine. But actually I grew to like him as a character in the end. Some of his matches were utter shit though.

Good honesty there, I think a lot of people (myself included) wouldn't care to admit how much they hated this decision at the time. By Christmas, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Eddie and I was wishing JBL's title run all the way to Mania. He was absolutely phenomenal by the end.

I haaaaaaated JBL winning the belt.

I just kept thinking "But he's Bradshaw...?" I didn't get it.

But I gre to love his promo's and I wish he was still on commentary.

• Paid Members

I was initially going to post JBL with the belt too, because I absolutely hated the fact that they pushed him from the bottom of the card to the very top in a matter of a couple of months. Not only that, they put him over Eddie.

Looking back though, his character was genius and he was the best heel champion for years, so all is forgiven.

jbl.jpg

Put me down as someone else who was absolutely infuriated with JBL becoming champion. Slowly but surely over his ten-month reign though he went from having "go away" heat with me to having awesome, irritating in the best possible way, heel heat.

3rdgu8.png

First things first, Dawn Marie and the bird out of the Dr. Heinie sketch are fit as fuck

I assume no one has a picture of my mum and dad getting rid of Sky Sports but that's when I quit wrestling, WWE Experience all the way now!

Oh and Backlund beating Bret for the title was superb looking back because Owen was absolutely superb that whole match

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

Good point. That spell was the turning point for me as a wrestling fan, I think. I had no interest in Benoit so the rot had already set in as far as loving all the darlings, and then I hated the idea of Bradshaw winning the championship, so it was a pretty depressing time to be watching. But over the next few months -- specifically the post-SummerSlam Smackdown -- I fell in one-sided, stalkerish love with JBL and forgot about all that workrate bollocks. I still went through the "We want Matt" and "Cena can't wrestle" phase after that though, so it wasn't a clean break.