The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

According to Anthony Pettis' manager he is considering a drop to 145 to fight Jose Aldo

Like to see that.

I would love it if Rampage comes out to a chorus of boos and Shogun to unanimous cheers. Then Shogun to completely obliterate Rampage and proceeds to walk out with his tail between his legs.

My ideal scenario. Once again, fuck Rampage.

According to Pettis this is not the case

"155 is my home"

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Depends on if he wins his next fight I guess. I was hoping the winner of Diaz/Miller got the shot, but it's scheduled so far down the line that it's difficult. When are Benson and Edgar rematching?

• Paid Members

I don't think they've set a date for Henderson/Edgar 2 yet. I reckon it will be around July/August time. The cards look pretty set before July. UFC 149 is gonna be on July 21st in Calgary, Alberta, Canada according to Junkie. I can see it maybe headlining that one.

Other news

Rampage vs Shogun 2 isn't happening anytime soon. Rampage says he needs surgery on both knees. Give us Shogun vs Franklin or a rematch with Little Nog if he heals up soon.

And the Ian McCall vs Mighty Mouse rematch is rumoured to be on the TUF 15 finale.

• Paid Members

I expected Maynard vs Guida because it was actually reported on the MMA news sites a couple of months ago as 'verbally agreed to', I was wondering why they were so slow in making it official. Love that fight.

Franklin vs Le though, never saw that one coming at all. Franklin dropping back to 185 wasn't something I expected to see again to be honest. Should be a really fun, crowd pleasing fight.

Was kinda hoping for Shogun vs Franklin at 205 but oh well. Shogun vs Little Nog 2 is still possible.

• Paid Members

ohhh Franklin/Le, that's a good fight, unexpected too. I don't why they were so adamant to keep Rich at 205lb. I think he's gone beyond the title run stage so its just a case of making interesting fights and Le is definitly one of 'em.

I'm just glad Cung Le stuck around, i really thought we might have seen the end of him after the Wand fight.

I will be going. Going to take a guess that Bisping will headline.

I can't see Bisping being on a Fuel show. Even if it's an event being held in the UK. If Dan Hardy wins against Ludwig then that might happen. Bisping for me is too high profile a fighter to waste on a show which is only going to be seen by 250,000 viewers!

Where is the show going to be at?

I can't see Bisping being on a Fuel show. Even if it's an event being held in the UK. If Dan Hardy wins against Ludwig then that might happen. Bisping for me is too high profile a fighter to waste on a show which is only going to be seen by 250,000 viewers!

Liverpool, The Echo Arena I presume.

They put Sanchez vs Ellenberger on Fuel, so Bisping is not that big a stretch as he is coming of a loss. Sanchez is almost as big a name as Bisping in my opinion.

I thoroughly enoyed UFC Japan. I know its late but I only managed to watch it a few days ago. How Ryan Bader didnt break his arm is amazing and Tim Boetsch is a fucking beast, good job against Okami! I'm heavily excited for Jones vs Evans. Whens Chael vs Silva 2 happening, is it definitely UFC 147?

• Paid Members

It's a difficult situation, is Bisping really too big to headline a Fuel show? I personally don't think so if it's held in the UK. He knows he is a marquee name here and I don't think they will be doing any more numbered events here anymore with the FX and Fuel deal. In the past they have been numbered events but aired free on Spike. That won't be happening anymore.

I personally think it's a real possibility that Bisping could headline a Fuel show. Lets face it, Bisping has never headlined a live numbered event in the past.

I would also think selling out the arena here is the most important aspect as well for the UFC. They know the figure on Fuel wont be huge, but will still be at least be concerned about selling out an arena in a country where the currency is much stronger than their own.

Archived