The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah there's that aswell. Another thing, he's been saying he can get better fights outside the UFC. I'm racking my brains trying to think of good fights outside Zuffa for him and all I can think that would be interesting would be a Fedor fight at Heavyweight. Aside from that, who the fuck does he fight?

Between the UFC and Strikeforce, Zuffa pretty much has a lock on all the top 205ers.

and they let him fuck off for a few months to go be in The A Team.

But this isnt the first time hes thrown the toys out. Remember in 2009 when he said he was "done fighting" for the UFC due to maltreatment

That cost the UFC millions in PPV Revenue as well.

They had to make Rashad vs Thiago Silva which drew a bad buyrate for the standards of the time. They even were going to have the fight in Page's hometown of Memphis, which they instead gave Penn vs Sanchez once Rampage pulled out and moved Rashad to the Vegas card which bombed on PPV.

I like most like Rampage but his heart has not been in it for years really. The wheels have been falling of since the Forrest fight, Iberra according to most is a cunt of the highest order but he was good for Rampage fighting wise.

Yes, he has shown signs of his old self knocking out Wanderlai and even though I felt Machida was robbed he was competative for 2 rounds of that fight. Other than that he is has been on cruise control like he was in Pride from 2005-2006.

Even Rampage at his best may not be able to get the belt back even though he would be a exciting top tier addition, but with his current bumbling antics and attitude I hope he does retire or leave the UFC. I am sure when he is dealing with the Cowboys that populate ther running of MMA promotions outside the UFC he will change his tune. Maybe Bellator would treat him well but I am not sure who fights at 205lbs there if I am honest.

EDIT: As Wandshogun watches Bellator and has not mentioned anyone there, scratch my last sentance. India or Japan are the only places I can think of against cans.

• Paid Members

Re: jim - I'm no expert on Bellator but what I've seen they have some decent LHWs but it's not one of their stronger divisions. From 185 down is their stronger divisions imo.

Rampage vs guys like Christian M'Pumbu or Travis Wiuff aren't gonna have people clamouring to watch when he could be fighting even the middle tier UFC guys like Franklin, Little Nog, Thiago Silva not to mention rematches with Shogun, Hendo, Forrest etc. That's not a knock on the Bellator lads there's some good fighters there but for me, Rampage should be fighting big names the rest of his career imo. If he was a lower weight guy, say WW or lower there's still lots of good names to fight out there in them divisions but LHW at the top level, maybe more than any other weightclass, is near enough all Zuffa fighters.

Aside from a Fedor fight which would no doubt at least be exciting and would fall into the Pride Dream match category, there's no fights that really grab me. He might make decent money but the fights will lack interest.

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet but had to share it, it's one of the sickest injuries I've ever seen. It happened at Cagequest 1 in a fight between Fowler vs Jones jr, not for the faint hearted

That was last weeks news.

• Paid Members

yeh Bellator's 205lb division is pretty lousy at the moment. There's no way they could meet Rampage' purse demands either. Like i said, im pretty sure he goes to One FC or something like that, promotions that have massive financial backing and pay him stacks to fight poor opponents.

Fuck Rampage.

I couldn't agree with you more! That interview posted above is an absolute disgrace. What rampage doesn't realise is that it's not the UFC doing their best to take away his fans, but it's actually him doing a fine job deterring his fan base.

Thanks. In turn I agree with you, wandshogun09, Ebb and KingofMetal.

Rampage to fight Shogun later this year, then leave the UFC.

From MMA Junkie

Can we allow soccer kicks for one night?

• Paid Members

He's certainly doing all he can to make himself look an idiot. Some of the stuff he's coming out with is absurd. The UFC wants to take away his fans? Continually disrespecting him? Didn't Dana fly out personally to bail him out when he got arrested? As said, he fucked them about royally with the with the A-Team stuff, too.

What a load of shit.

• Paid Members
Fuck Rampage.

I couldn't agree with you more! That interview posted above is an absolute disgrace. What rampage doesn't realise is that it's not the UFC doing their best to take away his fans, but it's actually him doing a fine job deterring his fan base.

Thanks. In turn I agree with you, wandshogun09, Ebb and KingofMetal.

Rampage to fight Shogun later this year, then leave the UFC.

From MMA Junkie

Can we allow soccer kicks for one night?

I would love it if Rampage comes out to a chorus of boos and Shogun to unanimous cheers. Then Shogun to completely obliterate Rampage and proceeds to walk out with his tail between his legs.

Archived