Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I gave up on Agents of The Shield after about the 5th episode, I thought the storylines were weak and didn't particularly enjoy any of the characters. Sounds like it got better then?

I did the same and heard it got alot lot better. I may have to retry it

Me too. I lasted a few episodes before chucking it. Heard it got better though.

• Paid Members

Even I haven't been watching Agents of Shield, apparently it's a must watch post Cap 2 though so I'll definitely get back into it.

The director of Sinister has been announced as the director of Doctor Strange which is cool, I like the idea of getting different style directors to do the films to give them a different feel. Lots of talk about Jared Leto maybe taking the title role which would be a cool choice but totally unconfirmed as yet.

Loving Arrow aswell, sometimes it feels like a mini move cos so much happens, Deathstroke is fantastic, hoping to see a Flash cameo in the next season

Yeah, I love that show, the end of season 2 was gripping as hell, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members
Vincent D'Onofrio is going to be Wilson Fisk/Kingpin in the new DareDevil TV Series, great casting, I'm looking forward to this show more and more the more I hear.

I'm expecting nothing from Gotham but if DareDevil can be at least as good as Arrow I'll be happy.

That is a cracking piece of casting, D'Onofrio does crazy eyed psycho as good as anyone. I really hope they take their cue from the Joe Carnahan pitch reel and make it a gritty street level series.

• Paid Members

Just wanted to add my love for Agents of Shield too. Same with others, it started off very slowly but once it really got into it's stride it really became fantastic TV. I also agree that it got even better once it tied into the events from Cap 2.

• Paid Members
Is Michael C Hall still being talked about as Daredevil? Would be top draw if so.

No, at the last minute the whole creative team changed and it's now being made by the guy behind the Spartacus TV Series and a British guy called Charlie Cox (from Boardwalk Empire) is playing DD

charlie_cox.jpg

• Paid Members
Just wanted to add my love for Agents of Shield too. Same with others, it started off very slowly but once it really got into it's stride it really became fantastic TV. I also agree that it got even better once it tied into the events from Cap 2.

Totally agree with this. It seems like they took the mid-season dip in ratings very seriously and completely retooled the show in accordance with fans concerns. Either that or no-one told the writers about the major changes caused by Cap 2 and they had to throw everything out at that point and restart from scratch. Either way, it worked and the series went from a 3rd rate Burn Notice/24/Smallville mash up into something that actually feels tied to the world we've seen in the movies, which it should have been all along.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The mid-season retcon to make Agent Ward an undercover HYDRA agent, thus explaining his painfully boring and generic character as just a cover identity was a stroke of genius!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

No, at the last minute the whole creative team changed and it's now being made by the guy behind the Spartacus TV Series and a British guy called Charlie Cox (from Boardwalk Empire) is playing DD

Ah balls. I liked that guy in Boardwalk, but Hall seemed so perfect for it.

• 2 weeks later...