Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I don't think Paul Rudd was ever officially announced be playing Hank Pymm. Unless they have Paul Rudd as Ant man and Douglas as an older Giant man Pymm.

Most people seem to think Rudd will be playing Scott Lang although having him play an asshole version of Eric O'Grady could be a lot more fun.

I'd love to see them have a crack at the Irredeemable Antman story. It will be a more original take on the old superhero story, and would be very different from anything Marvel have done previously.

If anyone doesn't know, the Irredeemable Antman is the story of a real loser SHIELD agent (Eric O'Grady) who falls into powers, acts like a dickhead and abuses the powers to pick up women, but ultimately finds redemption when forced to use his powers for the greater good.

• Awards Moderator
I don't think Paul Rudd was ever officially announced be playing Hank Pymm. Unless they have Paul Rudd as Ant man and Douglas as an older Giant man Pymm.

Most people seem to think Rudd will be playing Scott Lang although having him play an asshole version of Eric O'Grady could be a lot more fun.

I'd love to see them have a crack at the Irredeemable Antman story. It will be a more original take on the old superhero story, and would be very different from anything Marvel have done previously.

If anyone doesn't know, the Irredeemable Antman is the story of a real loser SHIELD agent (Eric O'Grady) who falls into powers, acts like a dickhead and abuses the powers to pick up women, but ultimately finds redemption when forced to use his powers for the greater good.

That synopsis sounds suspiciously like the premise of Hancock to me!

That synopsis sounds suspiciously like the premise of Hancock to me!

I have more faith in Marvel to pull it off. Hancock was rotten.

• Paid Members

I think Johnny Depp's a brilliant choice for that role, my mate was asking who I'd pick to be doctor strange and Depp was my second choice (after Nicolas Cage obviously). Now people are complaining it's obvious casting but I don't think so, I think it's spot on, Depp's a reliable actor in big movies who's interesting and popular enough to bring an audience to someone who may not be the most known character in the superhero world, he also has a genuine quirkiness. Most comic book heroes are young and muscular anyway so 50 year old Depp's perfect to play one of the few who isn't.

Plus he looks right

VJTo70H.jpg

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

I think the only way Dr Strange could work as a film is if they play the character dead straight, Its such a throw back to the hippy shit they were putting out at the time (I'm looking at you Silver Surfer!) A similar sort of set up to Thor would work with everyone else pointing out how batshit crazy the idea is would work.

Also if they are doing an origin story it will be very easy to look like a rehash of the League of Shadows part of Batman Begins

• Paid Members

Roger Corman made an extremely low budget movie of the Fantastic Four in 1994, the interesting thing about that is no-one making it knew then but it was never supposed to be released, it was only made so the studio could hold on to the rights. I saw it years ago and I've always found the story interesting and now there's a documantary about it featuring all the key people talking. This couldn't be more up my street if it was my neighbour, I can't wait to watch this.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members
Roger Corman made an extremely low budget movie of the Fantastic Four in 1994, the interesting thing about that is no-one making it knew then but it was never supposed to be released, it was only made so the studio could hold on to the rights. I saw it years ago and I've always found the story interesting and now there's a documantary about it featuring all the key people talking. This couldn't be more up my street if it was my neighbour, I can't wait to watch this.

I saw a mention of this a couple of days ago. Really want to see that documentary now. For a film that was all closed sets there seems to be a lot of behind the scenes footage (Which is obviously a great thing now to look back on) The Thing costume is actually very good for a low budget film, I remember the Mr Fantastic effects however being shit

• Paid Members

1960s Batman TV Series finally gets official release

Such awesome news, this has been a long time coming, it's been held up for so long due to having a complicated and tangles issue as to the rights being split but it's finally coming, released officially for the first time. All 120 episodes out later this year, I can't wait.

• Paid Members

Batman vs Superman delayed ten months

"Alright UKFF I'll be back in a minute, I just need to get something from the other room"...

P5uxYwU.jpg

Seriously though it's probably a good thing, this film was being so rushed, it didn't even have a proper name yet, hopefully the extra time will let them polish it enugh for it to be something really cool.