Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2010 Please tell me Reynolds is playing Kyle Rayner - he's so perfectly suited to play him, plus KR is so much more entertaining than Hal Jordan. Also, I agree about the suit. I was hoping they'd go for that swish ski-type that Rayner used to wear. He'll be Hal Jordan (who I must confess along with Guy Gardner is the only GL I really know) Aw, phooey. Quote
KrAzY Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 I hope the Green Lantern one is good, I used to read that. Brave to used an old actor to play Thor, but hey they have the creative license I guess. Could be better than using a body builder who can't act lol Old? Chris Hemsworth is 26. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2010 anyone else find it weird that Reynolds now plays 2 popular supehero's? is there any other actors to play 2? Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2010 anyone else find it weird that Reynolds now plays 2 popular supehero's? is there any other actors to play 2? Chris Evans played Johnny Storm in Fantastic 4, and will play Captain America - meaning he'll be two people in the same 'universe'. James Marsden came close - he played Cyclops and also turned up as Lois Lane's husband in 'Superman Returns'. He was also, if memory serves, in the running to play Jesse Custer at one point. Quote
Paid Members Deaq Posted July 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2010 (edited) anyone else find it weird that Reynolds now plays 2 popular supehero's? is there any other actors to play 2? 3 with Hannibal king from Blade 3 as well. Halle Berry was Strom and (spits) Catwoman. Ray Stevenson played the Punisher and is playing Volstagg in Thor also. Thor doesn't have bare arms, WTF? Thor don't have bare arms in his current costume which I prefer out of all his previous. Edited July 15, 2010 by Deaq Quote
MaraJade Posted July 15, 2010 Posted July 15, 2010 anyone else find it weird that Reynolds now plays 2 popular supehero's? is there any other actors to play 2? Chris Evans played Johnny Storm in Fantastic 4, and will play Captain America - meaning he'll be two people in the same 'universe'. James Marsden came close - he played Cyclops and also turned up as Lois Lane's husband in 'Superman Returns'. He was also, if memory serves, in the running to play Jesse Custer at one point. Also, Halle Berry, played Catwoman and Storm... Quote
Paid Members Deaq Posted July 15, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 15, 2010 Halle Berry was Strom and (spits) Catwoman. Also, Halle Berry, played Catwoman and Storm... Erm? Quote
Patrick "Madman" Kelly Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 i want Thor to be epic and he has the backstory to make that happen but I cant help but think it will suck and the reason he has been banished to Earth rather than the story taking place in Asgard is due to the budget being a tight one in the same vein as the movie adaptation of Masters of the Universe. As for The Green Lantern I think it has the potential to be good and baswed on the special effects we have today it could be like the comic truly coming to life. I think the costume looks great and like the look of it. Les see what comic con has in store forr us and hopefully the comic will be done justice. Its just so easy to sit on the fence with movies like this nowadays. Quote
Paid Members Deaq Posted July 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2010 i want Thor to be epic and he has the backstory to make that happen but I cant help but think it will suck and the reason he has been banished to Earth rather than the story taking place in Asgard is due to the budget being a tight one in the same vein as the movie adaptation of Masters of the Universe. In the thread I posted about Thor I posted that it had been reported that the script is allot like Masters of the Universe. Quote
Patrick "Madman" Kelly Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Quote
Paid Members Deaq Posted July 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2010 IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE THHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Fixed. Quote
patiirc Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 Gwildorf rawks the mofoing world! 'MOOO, Muh- Moo-moo-moo' Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 16, 2010 Moderators Posted July 16, 2010 Something about the Green Lantern mask doesnt look right, dunno what it is, and no idea why they felt the need to have the suit entirely CGI, think it'll be distracting The whole film is gonna be a CGI-fest anyway, given the nature of his powers, so I'm not sure it'll matter too much. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted July 16, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2010 I've got a feeling Green Lantern will be really good, I think DC comics have a lot to prove after all the successful great Marvel movies, DC's only hits in the last 20 years have been the Batman ones. Depends how picky you want to get. Watchmen was a hit. And from DC owned prints you have: Constantine Stardust Road To Perdition. All of which made significant profits and/or got good reviews. Quote
MaraJade Posted July 16, 2010 Posted July 16, 2010 Halle Berry was Strom and (spits) Catwoman. Also, Halle Berry, played Catwoman and Storm... Erm? Ha ha ha ha LOL! I can't read... Didn't see that AT ALL!!! What a rubbish I am! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.