Paid Members Deaq Posted July 21, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 21, 2010 May as well mention that when I went to watch Ironman 2 and at the end when it showed the hammer I jumped out of my chair and screamed "WOOOOOO THOOOOOOR!" I then realised that all of the 20ish peeps that stayed as well as my family were all staring at me like I was some kind of loon. Did anyone else get this reaction or am I infact an exceptionally geeky loon? Did you go mad when they got cap's shield out as well? Quote
Howard Posted July 22, 2010 Posted July 22, 2010 These should really have their own thread 'Carbombs anecdotes' or something similar. Cheers, Howard. I know it's off topic, but why do you keep signing your name. It's fucking annoying. Thank you for showing an interest in Howard's posts. Your query is being held in a queueing system and will be dealt with as soon as an operator becomes available. Cheers, Howard. Quote
Patrick "Madman" Kelly Posted July 22, 2010 Posted July 22, 2010 Shouldnt really come as a surprise to most but Joss Whedon will be writing and directing The Avengers in 2012. Quote
alexander Posted July 22, 2010 Posted July 22, 2010 I'm now taking odds on which female character he shoves in the fridge. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted July 23, 2010 Moderators Posted July 23, 2010 (edited) Worst possible choice for an ensemble piece. He only has one voice. You'll be able to take every zingy line and put it in the mouth of any of the characters without noticing the difference. To me, Whedon's stuff plays like an episode of Friends. Where every character is Chandler. Edited July 23, 2010 by Woyzeck Quote
Paid Members Deaq Posted July 23, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2010 Worst possible choice for an ensemble piece. He only has one voice. You'll be able to take every zingy line and put it in the mouth of any of the characters without noticing the difference. To me, Whedon's stuff plays like an episode of Friends. Where every character is Chandler. He will end up dropping out like he always does. Quote
alexander Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Worst possible choice for an ensemble piece. He only has one voice. You'll be able to take every zingy line and put it in the mouth of any of the characters without noticing the difference. To me, Whedon's stuff plays like an episode of Friends. Where every character is Chandler. Considering Bendis is writing Avengers at the moment, perhaps that's why Whedon was chosen... Quote
Mikey_Fazz Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 The set looks like the Trafford Centre. I fear the worst for this movie with every photo that is revealed though Loki dont seem too bad. Where the fuck is Thors winged helmet too. If he is seen without it then this movie deserves a slow death. I have some good pics for you then http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.13391....r~apos~s_helmet All helmets from the film are in this article. Quote
Steveo2007 Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 You may also like this, the villain of the film. http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.13384....apos~_destroyer Quote
Paid Members Deaq Posted July 25, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2010 (edited) You may also like this, the villain of the film. http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.13384....apos~_destroyer Which I posted like 6 months ago. He is not the villain Its just a armour. Loki is the Villain and he uses this to fight Thor. But Loki will be inside it. Edited July 25, 2010 by Deaq Quote
Steveo2007 Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 (edited) You may also like this, the villain of the film. http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.13384....apos~_destroyer Which I posted like 6 months ago. He is not the villain Its just a armour. Loki is the Villain and he uses this to fight Thor. But Loki will be inside it. Ah right. Getting a bit more excited for this film as images are being released for it. Getting a bit more excited for GL too. Edit: http://marvel.com/news/all.13391.sdcc_2010...a~apos~s_shield Edited July 25, 2010 by Steveo2007 Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 25, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2010 Dunno if its been mentioned yet but the entire cast for the Avengers was present at Comic Con yesterday as well as Josh Whedon As well as those already cast confirmed were Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye (could be awesome) and Mark Ruffalo was also introduced, as The Hulk. Thats an amazing cast for one movie right there Quote
Mikey_Fazz Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 Dunno if its been mentioned yet but the entire cast for the Avengers was present at Comic Con yesterday as well as Josh Whedon As well as those already cast confirmed were Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye (could be awesome) and Mark Ruffalo was also introduced, as The Hulk. Thats an amazing cast for one movie right there That night also included at Thor trailer and a Captain America teaser!! I'm seriously looking forward to these films! Quote
SpiralTap Posted July 26, 2010 Posted July 26, 2010 May as well mention that when I went to watch Ironman 2 and at the end when it showed the hammer I jumped out of my chair and screamed "WOOOOOO THOOOOOOR!" I then realised that all of the 20ish peeps that stayed as well as my family were all staring at me like I was some kind of loon. Did anyone else get this reaction or am I infact an exceptionally geeky loon? Did you go mad when they got cap's shield out as well? I did have a chuckle at that, only problem (minor detail it may be) was it looked like a plastic toy rather than an indestructable shield, I hope they make the one for the film better. Quick bit of trivia; Was Captin America's shield originally shield shaped rather than a circle? Quote
Paid Members Teedy Kay Posted July 26, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2010 May as well mention that when I went to watch Ironman 2 and at the end when it showed the hammer I jumped out of my chair and screamed "WOOOOOO THOOOOOOR!" I then realised that all of the 20ish peeps that stayed as well as my family were all staring at me like I was some kind of loon. Did anyone else get this reaction or am I infact an exceptionally geeky loon? Did you go mad when they got cap's shield out as well? I did have a chuckle at that, only problem (minor detail it may be) was it looked like a plastic toy rather than an indestructable shield, I hope they make the one for the film better. Quick bit of trivia; Was Captin America's shield originally shield shaped rather than a circle? Shield shaped, stars across the top strips running vertically down Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.