Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 Trivia: John Stewart as Green Lantern was the first black superhero ever portrayed in comics. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 Trivia: John Stewart as Green Lantern was the first black superhero ever portrayed in comics. Not true. Black Panther preceded him by about 5-6 years. Also about two years before him was The Falcon. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 Trivia: John Stewart as Green Lantern was the first black superhero ever portrayed in comics. Not true. Black Panther preceded him by about 5-6 years. Also about two years before him was The Falcon. Goddammit. Bloody Wiki. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrayal_of_...eople_in_comics For those who are interested in black peoples portrayals in comics history. Quote
IrishDave Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 The problem I've got with that shot of Thor is that the outfits look like early-Batman rubber messes, not Viking armour. You know, like, metal and shit. Like... armour. Quote
Howard Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 Trivia: John Stewart as Green Lantern was the first black superhero ever portrayed in comics. Even though it's been proven incorrect, i'm still gonna tell all my friends that one, because it's that interesting. Cheers, Howard. Quote
Patrick "Madman" Kelly Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 i thought luke cage was around before jon stewart. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 i thought luke cage was around before jon stewart. Yeah alright, you don't have to rub it in. That Wiki article put up above mentioned a load of guys preceding Stewart. I'm almost certain I read it on Wiki that Stewart was the first black superhero, but obviously I must have read it somewhere else. He was one of the first black superheroes not to be called "Black [something]", though. Quote
Howard Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 These should really have their own thread 'Carbombs anecdotes' or something similar. Cheers, Howard. Quote
Steveo2007 Posted July 18, 2010 Posted July 18, 2010 These should really have their own thread 'Carbombs anecdotes' or something similar. Cheers, Howard. I know it's off topic, but why do you keep signing your name. It's fucking annoying. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 i thought luke cage was around before jon stewart. Yeah alright, you don't have to rub it in. That Wiki article put up above mentioned a load of guys preceding Stewart. I'm almost certain I read it on Wiki that Stewart was the first black superhero, but obviously I must have read it somewhere else. He was one of the first black superheroes not to be called "Black [something]", though. He was the first black DC superhero. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2010 i thought luke cage was around before jon stewart. Yeah alright, you don't have to rub it in. That Wiki article put up above mentioned a load of guys preceding Stewart. I'm almost certain I read it on Wiki that Stewart was the first black superhero, but obviously I must have read it somewhere else. He was one of the first black superheroes not to be called "Black [something]", though. He was the first black DC superhero. YAY! Got something right, finally. Quote
SpiralTap Posted July 19, 2010 Posted July 19, 2010 Speaking of portrayal of black comic book peeps; was anyone bothered about there being a black Kingpin in Daredevil? MCD is an awesome actor and all that and I know it ment alot to him to play that role but I couldnt have been the only one to say "Hang on a sec, somethings not right here". Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted July 19, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2010 Didnt bother me at all. Quote
SpiralTap Posted July 19, 2010 Posted July 19, 2010 Didnt bother me at all. Dont get me wrong, I love the guy and really liked his portrayal of the Kingpin. This was just an example of someone who looks nothing like the character they are based on. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.